Four Corners, Farmington, NM area!

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
Hey all...thanks for the ideas for a place to live in Phoenix a few weeks ago. It looks like I was awarded the Farmington, NM location instead of Williams-Gateway. So I'm here now and I'm hearing Cowboys this, Broncos that...WTF? I'm closer to Phoenix than either of those two places, why in the heck isn't this Cardinals country? Don't tell me I still have to suffer through C'puke games here, too? Where on cable (and radio) can I catch Cardinal games?

Anyone around this area?

Thanks.

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I spent a year in Farmington one weekend.

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
I went to college with a guy from Farmington. When I asked him what he did on the weekends, he said "go to Colorado to buy lottery tickets." God help you.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I lived in Farmington for about 5yrs a long time ago. New Mexico as a whole is mostly cowboys and broncos fans. One of the local radio stations in Albuquerque is starting to air raider games. Seems like the cards could do a better job marketing. But I guess they need to sell to AZ residents first. Farmington is not a bad little town, much cooler climate than Mesa.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
BradMannTX said:
Hey all...thanks for the ideas for a place to live in Phoenix a few weeks ago. It looks like I was awarded the Farmington, NM location instead of Williams-Gateway. So I'm here now and I'm hearing Cowboys this, Broncos that...WTF? I'm closer to Phoenix than either of those two places, why in the heck isn't this Cardinals country? Don't tell me I still have to suffer through C'puke games here, too? Where on cable (and radio) can I catch Cardinal games?

Anyone around this area?

Thanks.

I remember the Navajo radio station carrying Cardinal games. But it wasn't in English.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
New Mexico said:
I went to college with a guy from Farmington. When I asked him what he did on the weekends, he said "go to Colorado to buy lottery tickets." God help you.

:biglaugh:

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
Great fly fishing in Farmington on the San Juan River

50 mins north is Durango, CO -- pretty nice as well, with Purgatory Ski area another 40 mins north of there

One football season driving through the area I listened to a Cards / Eagles game broadcast in Navajo--

Navajo is a pretty cool language to listen to -- but I was able to follow the game by the tone of the announcers voices, names of players and the few football words in English for which there is no Navajo word:

"ROB MOORE blah blah blah FIRST DOWN! blah blah blah"

OP
OP
BradMannTX

BradMannTX

Puh-shaw
Reaction score
Montgomery, TX -- Birthplace of the Texas Flag!
Yeah, it's a little rough here. I've only been here 5 days. I may be getting Sunday's off, so I may just end up flying down for the games...perks of working for an airline :)

I was really hoping to get more coverage of the Cards and less Cowboys and Broncos crap. I think they'd at least get on TV more than the Cowboys.

Argh.

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I live in Albq and get up to Farmington on occasion. Most of New Mexico is Cowboy fans, sad, but true. Couple of good things...if you play golf there is a dymamite course in town...Pinion Hills... Durango is not far away and has fantastic skiing and big Harley ralley on Labor Day...etc....otherwise you are in the middle of nowhere...good luck

PS get satilite radio for NFL games

MrY

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
en fuego said:
"ROB MOORE blah blah blah FIRST DOWN! blah blah blah"

"JAKE PLUMMER blah blah blah INTERCEPTION blah blah blah TOUCHDOWN "

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members