For all of you Rackers lovers

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jeez. It's been two years you've been waiting for a chance to say something negative about him. That alone should tell you something.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
jeez. It's been two years you've been waiting for a chance to say something negative about him. That alone should tell you something.

To be fair though, has he been in any pressure situations in two years?

Honest question because I cant actually name a pressure situation he has had to be in in two years?

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
To be fair though, has he been in any pressure situations in two years?

Honest question because I cant actually name a pressure situation he has had to be in in two years?
No, I believe the last game tying/winning kick attempt late in the game was 2 seasons ago the 49ers.

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

That said, I'm glad his miss didn't cost us the game.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
30+ freakin' yards to win the game... really a chip shot... no excuses at all

Agreed.

Bad timeout as well...that was a weird ending.

No excuse for Rackers...he choked but he is better than that.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I'm with you. I called it. Get rid of him. His next clutch he makes will be his first.
Fact is, we won the game and we have another one in six days. There will be no kicker replacements.

Ben Graham shanked his lone punt of the day and nobody is calling for his head. He will suit up next week as well.

Rackers has a chance to redeem himself next week just like Michael Adams did in overtime. The off-season is the time to talk about changes, not now.

Rackers needs our support now more than ever. Talk about cutting him should wait until late February...

Black Jesus

No Talent Ass-Clown
Reaction score
He is the master of choking in big spots. He is automatic when it doesn't count, but he struggles with big field goals.

Nick Folk or Mike Nugent- Cards kicker in '10

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Fact is, we won the game and we have another one in six days. There will be no kicker replacements.

Ben Graham shanked his lone punt of the day and nobody is calling for his head. He will suit up next week as well.

Rackers has a chance to redeem himself next week just like Michael Adams did in overtime. The off-season is the time to talk about changes, not now.

Rackers needs our support now more than ever. Talk about cutting him should wait until late February...
C'mon it was a 34 yarder to win the game. Grahams shank had nothing to do with the outcome.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Graham had a defender about to clip the ball. Rackers rushed the kick and pushed it.
Nothing to be done for him this season.

Nugent for Rackers?
Laughable.

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
C'mon it was a 34 yarder to win the game. Grahams shank had nothing to do with the outcome.
No debating that, just saying that he is not going to get cut between now and Saturday.

Name me an available kicker who is better. Both Nugent and Folk were cut by teams because they couldn't make routine, non-clutch kicks in the regular season. Contrary to popular belief, good kickers are NOT a dime a dozen.

The problem with blaming kickers that nody seems to realize is that he was only in that position because of the monumental failure of the defense in the second half. That's the bigger issue IMO. Making Rackers a scapegoat still doesn't solve that vulnerability.

I'm not necessarily a Rackers apologist, but he has been solid for quite a while. I need more of a body of work than one single kick in a game we eventually won anyway to want to cut him on the spot. There is no "last straw here", it was the only straw so far.

He'll get an opportunity to redeem himself next week against a tougher team and on the road. If he comes through, all will be forgotten; if he fails again, then he'll deserve his eventual fate and I will support it.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Can't do much about him now but what he did is worthy of being cut, not because of one game but it's not the first pressure kick he's choked on.

Everyone can miss one but if you go back in time and analyze his misses I bet a huge portion of them are in pressure situations, and the rest of the bulk of them would be insane long trys just because it made sense to try.

So, if you take out all the 50 plus yarders that weren't pressure kicks and then tallied up what percent were in fact to win the game pressure type kicks he misses, I think the stat would hit you like a sore thumb and that's one stat a kicker shouldn't have.

So let's do the best we can with the situation now but I would like it addressed in the off season please.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
This wasn't an isolated incident. I would've been shocked if he had made that kick. How many clutch kicks did he miss in the '06 and '07 seasons?

Redmark

Registered
Reaction score

Graham missed 2 less than 40 - one to left than over-corrected on a shorter one to teh right

I just like Neil's mentality on kickoffs and his unique ability to put the ball where ST have trouble, remember Seattle on the road?