FlashForward (ABC)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No thread for this yet? Wow...

I read the book earlier this year and now the show is coming out this fall. Have heard great things about it and I love the cast.

The previews look great. I saw a new one today on the golf channel, but can't find it online, so this one below will have to do:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested but am I the only one put off to the connections to Lost? I understand it's a book, but this show looks like they took one of the cool story telling elements of Lost and turned it into a disconnected spinoff.

Well ... like any show, each one stands on its own merits of writing, acting, and directing. We'll see.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm interested but am I the only one put off to the connections to Lost? I understand it's a book, but this show looks like they took one of the cool story telling elements of Lost and turned it into a disconnected spinoff.

Well ... like any show, each one stands on its own merits of writing, acting, and directing. We'll see.

I have not issue with the connections to Lost. I relly love shows like that, so I am cool with it. That was the first long preview I have seen of it and I really like it.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I can't wait for this. In fact, with Lost coming to an end and IMO no other show on television coming close to it, I need something to fill it's shoes once it's gone. I hope this show is it.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You aren't the only one, everyone is doing it, but the writers/creators say it's not the same as Lost at all.

I don't think it's as detailed or deep of a mystery. The "cause" of the Flash Forward will be a mystery for a few seasons, but the rest of the stories will be self-contained in each season I think.

Not sure exactly, they just keep saying it wont be like Lost other than the idea that it's a serialized show, which I LOVE.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I look forward to this show. I hope all the Lost comparisons are unfounded as that show lost my interest after 1 season.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I look forward to this show. I hope all the Lost comparisons are unfounded as that show lost my interest after 1 season.

I am the opposite. LOST is a fantastic show and always leaves me wanting more. That is the type of show I hope this becomes because when LOST is off the air, there will be a big hole to fill.

nathan

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After the first episode I'd say there is some upside (last scene really set up the intrigue), but I have my doubts that the show can get there. Will keep watching for now.

SuperSpck

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
As long as they have a definitive ending set up and don't drag it out I'm in for the ride.

OP
OP
Mike Olbinski

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mystery behind the Flash Forward is compelling enough to keep me watching...however, I hope they do a good job of developing the characters. A few stood out to me, like Bryce, whatever his name was, the suicidal doctor. That story is interesting.

The guy who had no vision...in the book, he starts investigating his own murder/death, so I'm waiting for that to happen next episode...at least, I hope so.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The mystery behind the Flash Forward is compelling enough to keep me watching...however, I hope they do a good job of developing the characters. A few stood out to me, like Bryce, whatever his name was, the suicidal doctor. That story is interesting.

The guy who had no vision...in the book, he starts investigating his own murder/death, so I'm waiting for that to happen next episode...at least, I hope so.

For the guy who had no vision, I bet it turns out he was just asleep.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well, in the book this character investigates his murder...I assume it will be the same here...otherwise kinda boring.

I think he will investigate it and it will be all suspenseful and while waiting to die, he falls asleep and wakes up all confused.

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was a tad disappointed. For a pilot episode it seemed a tad boring with the exception of the black out. I am not sure what I was expecting but it was a lackluster start. The next episode seems really good though. I don't know if it was a pacing issue or what.....

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I liked the first one. I have to say it didn't take long for me to guess the reason the guy had no vision was he's dead in 6 months so I hope that turns out to be more of a twist than it seems.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I have to say, I REALLY enjoyed the first episode... It has some serious potential...

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I liked the idea and it definitely doesn't have nearly as much in common with Lost as many said it would.

The hardest part for me was to not think it was "Harold and Shakespeare Go To White Castle".

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
Way too fast and cheesy. Felt like this should have been a 2 hour premier. (They crammed too much into the first episode.) And the slow motion running / D level script kind of got on my nerves. But the premise is interesting enough to get me to give it another try.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Way too fast and cheesy. Felt like this should have been a 2 hour premier. (They crammed too much into the first episode.) And the slow motion running / D level script kind of got on my nerves. But the premise is interesting enough to get me to give it another try.
That's pretty much what i thought too. I like the idea behind the show, but so far the characters, the acting, and the writing seem very average at best.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I liked the idea and it definitely doesn't have nearly as much in common with Lost as many said it would.

The hardest part for me was to not think it was "Harold and Shakespeare Go To White Castle".

:biglaugh: Well said!

I liked it. To me (a person who has barely watched Lost) it has the same kind of mystery premise as Lost, but it didn't 'lose' me in the pilot. No, the pilot wasn't earth-shattering or anything, but it was intriguing and left me wanting more. What the pilot DIDN'T do was completely pi$$ me off like the idiotic Lost pilot. Yeah, when a pilot gets on my nerves, not a good sign ;)