Fitzgerald - a big puss

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I remember posts like this you made comparing Fitz to Boldin.

So, mitch, can fitz look boldin in the eye yet?

Do you also remember that Fitz HIMSELF has admitted he was coasting on his talent until Haley/Warner really dug into him, making him realize how much he really needed to do to become the all-around legend he is today and that he would have never been that guy without those two pushing him to be that?

THAT is what I believe is the situation with PP. The guy is RIDICULOUSLY talented, but I don't think it's heresy to say he plays the game in the same manner Fitz did before Fitz got pushed to become a legend.

Reaction score
Do you also remember that Fitz HIMSELF has admitted he was coasting on his talent until Haley/Warner really dug into him, making him realize how much he really needed to do to become the all-around legend he is today and that he would have never been that guy without those two pushing him to be that?

THAT is what I believe is the situation with PP. The guy is RIDICULOUSLY talented, but I don't think it's heresy to say he plays the game in the same manner Fitz did before Fitz got pushed to become a legend.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Outside of the Hail Larry, do you know what my favorite play of Fitz’s was for the entire Arians era?

Him PANCAKING that Vikings Safety, running alongside Floyd for a fifty yard TD against Minnesota on that 2015 Thursday night game.

I remember rising to my feet screaming and punching the air in that play. That’s who Fitz became. Not just one of the best WR of all time, but one of the best FOOTBALL PLAYERS... PERIOD. Play like that doesn’t happen before Haley/Warner got into him.

Does it make sense to people that it’s stuff like that that we wish we saw more out of Peterson? That we believe he has legendary talent and want to see him reach that level? Because he does. He has the speed, strength and agility to be a defensive Fitz. I just think he needs his ass kicked a little by the right coach to get him there like Fitz did.

Reactions: PJ1

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

So, you think Fitz used to be a "puss" and "soft as a grapefruit". Ok, cool opinion bro.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
So, you think Fitz used to be a "puss" and "soft as a grapefruit". Ok, cool opinion bro.
Actually it was Haley and Warner who basically told him that, and challenged him to be better, and he did. It's not Cheese's opinion or mine, it is fact.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Uh... that’s not my opinion. AJ did you actually read what I wrote? Nowhere did I say he was a “puss” or “soft as a grapefruit”. It was HALEY/WARNER who thought Fitz could be more and then FITZ AGREED with them... and became so much more than just a great pass catcher.

This has been written about by every Cards writer over the years and documented in Fitz’s A Football Life.

Not sure why you decided to go the route you did in your response.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Uh... that’s not my opinion. AJ did you actually read what I wrote? Nowhere did I say he was a “puss” or “soft as a grapefruit”. It was HALEY/WARNER who thought Fitz could be more and then FITZ AGREED with them... and became so much more than just a great pass catcher.

This has been written about by every Cards writer over the years and documented in Fitz’s A Football Life.

Not sure why you decided to go the route you did in your response.

Maybe i am an idealist. I think you can critique play and not throw aspersions at someone's character to make your point. It is the intellectually lazy and easiet way to make your point. IMHO.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe i am an idealist. I think you can critique play and not throw aspersions at someone's character to make your point. It is the intellectually lazy and easiet way to make your point. IMHO.

Even lazier to project those things into my argument, which I never said. Changing someone’s entire opinion, and ending your specious response with the “cool opinion, bro” stuff is real idealistic and intellectually above board.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Even lazier to project those things into my argument, which I never said. Changing someone’s entire opinion, and ending your specious response with the “cool opinion, bro” stuff is real idealistic and intellectually above board.

It is just opinion cheese. Remember, the board is for fun. At least it is for me. It would be boring to post without emotion and going over the top.

It is not a good measure of character. Imho.

Truly do wish you and your family a happy new year.

pmacLean

Veteran
Reaction score
Outside of the Hail Larry, do you know what my favorite play of Fitz’s was for the entire Arians era?

Him PANCAKING that Vikings Safety, running alongside Floyd for a fifty yard TD against Minnesota on that 2015 Thursday night game.

I remember rising to my feet screaming and punching the air in that play. That’s who Fitz became. Not just one of the best WR of all time, but one of the best FOOTBALL PLAYERS... PERIOD. Play like that doesn’t happen before Haley/Warner got into him.

Does it make sense to people that it’s stuff like that that we wish we saw more out of Peterson? That we believe he has legendary talent and want to see him reach that level? Because he does. He has the speed, strength and agility to be a defensive Fitz. I just think he needs his ass kicked a little by the right coach to get him there like Fitz did.

That play definitely vaulted Fitz to 1st round hall of fame. Name another WR who could/would have done that ? I dare you !! You can't ! Fitz is just NOT a top receiver, he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER who will do WHATEVER it takes... that is why Fitz is the AZ Cardinals and I will literally cry if he does not come back and cement # 2 in every stat (which would have been #1 but look at who he received fir other than Warner and Palmer).

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
That play definitely vaulted Fitz to 1st round hall of fame. Name another WR who could/would have done that ? I dare you !! You can't ! Fitz is just NOT a top receiver, he is a FOOTBALL PLAYER who will do WHATEVER it takes... that is why Fitz is the AZ Cardinals and I will literally cry if he does not come back and cement # 2 in every stat (which would have been #1 but look at who he received fir other than Warner and Palmer).

Hines Ward...next

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Hines ward was a steeler (closet Steeler fan ?) ... and NO he did not do what Fitz does (or not remotely as well) ... next ..... nice try though ...

You said name another WR that could make a block like that. Did you mean name another Cardinal WR that could make a block like that?

And Yes Ward could lay guys out when it comes to blocking he's probably better than Fitzgerald and that's what you were talking about blocking.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hines Ward...next

I don't know if Ward could have made that exact block (mostly because I think Larry's size/strength is what enabled it to happen in the fashion it did), but there's no doubt, he was a freaking warrior out there blocking, especially his crackback blocks that used to lay defenders the F out.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You said name another WR that could make a block like that. Did you mean name another Cardinal WR that could make a block like that?

And Yes Ward could lay guys out when it comes to blocking he's probably better than Fitzgerald and that's what you were talking about blocking.

Certainly better at cheap shots!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

So, Peterson sucks and should be traded means what you wrote above ?

I clearly understand your opinion of the situation, but as for the other poster's you loosely reference in your post, no, it doesn't make sense, not one bit.

It is a hell of a stretch to take what you have written above, and say that is what people mean when they want the guy off the team.

What does make sense, is that we all agree this thread is just ridiculous. No need for it outside of making "Big Puss" a thing on this board. LOL!