Fitz to Chargers??? - ESPN Ridiculous Speculation

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Phillip Rivers is not worth trading for half of a player like Fitzgerald. Here, I have a novel idea...WHY DON'T WE DRAFT A QB LIKE EVERYONE WHO ENJOYS SUCCESS :)

Proteus

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Fitz had an incredible year two seasons ago, arguably the best in his career, when our quarterback situation was awful.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Fitz had an incredible year two seasons ago, arguably the best in his career, when our quarterback situation was awful.

Nice yards.

No TD's. :(

Like all the ice cream and no cone.

Last year he didn't even get the ice cream.

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
The Cardinals will trade Fitz to the Charger who will then turn around and trade him to the Vikings

Sent from Rugbymuffin's Super Phone

Superfuzz

Veteran
Reaction score
It's a blog and that team and all others from that division are eliminated. They're just trying to generate traffic to their blog and site. What else are you gonna talk about?

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzLa00.htm

As far as I can tell Fitz #s were pretty damn good under Whiz even two season he didn't have a real QB. Kind of a bunk argument. Especially considering how much Fitz has openly said he likes Whiz.

2011 was a tremendous season for Fitz. And it was a very strange (or typical for this team) season due to the way we finished the year.
2012 was an absolute debacle and Whiz was one of the biggest reasons why.
If Rivers were to remain with S.D., then perhaps I could see Fitz considering a trade. However, there is no way the Cards deal Fitz to S.D. without getting Rivers in return...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
2011 was a tremendous season for Fitz. And it was a very strange (or typical for this team) season due to the way we finished the year.
2012 was an absolute debacle and Whiz was one of the biggest reasons why.
If Rivers were to remain with S.D., then perhaps I could see Fitz considering a trade. However, there is no way the Cards deal Fitz to S.D. without getting Rivers in return...

Agree. Looking over SD's roster, they have a bevy of good players, but not many great-to-elite ones. Rivers is the only one I'd consider, but his production has declined over the past two seasons. There is the possibility that his decline could have been due to poor coaching, but trading him for Fitz would be a gamble, and we shouldn't be gambling with our best asset on the table.

I can't see any scenario in which Fitz is traded to San Diego....or any team for that matter.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Unless the NFL changes the rule to allow us to get back the ~5 million or so per year cap hit for the remainder of his contract (6 years), I don't see how even an RGIII offer can be accepted.

We have a flat cap, and every year it stays flat, each million become more and more precious.

We simply cannot make any trade that creates a permanent 4-5-6 million in dead cap space for six straight years.

All the picks in the world won't matter if we can't pay anyone else to play with them.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Charlie Whitehurst and their #1 (11) and their #3, and Eric Weddle.

Last edited:

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we are in for some surprises---and a Fitz trade might be one of them, that is, if the value is right.
Not this summer, but I wouldn't be surprised to see it happen either. Although, trades in the NFL just aren't that common as other sports.

True. But you dont see or hear him go out of his way to say he does like someone either.
Well, he tired everything possible to get Q the $$ he wanted. Including restructuring his contract.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Nice yards.

No TD's. :(

Like all the ice cream and no cone.

Last year he didn't even get the ice cream.

He had 8. His career average is 8.5. Besides TDs don't always tell the story. A WR could be instrumental in getting the ball inside the 5 2-3 times a game only to have a RB get the score.

I know because it happened to me all the time with the WR's I had on my scoring only fantasy football team.

It's just like the people who say you shouldn't pay a WR because he only touches the ball 6-8 times a game. Ignoring that those 6-8 touches can produce as much as 50% or more of the total offense.

TruCard

Banned
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I don't see Larry ever leaving Arizona. He is loved here and he is the most loyal player that I have ever seen. If we did consider, if Rivers wasn't a part of the deal, no way.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
I don't see Larry ever leaving Arizona. He is loved here and he is the most loyal player that I have ever seen. If we did consider, if Rivers wasn't a part of the deal, no way.
I would say I would be okay with it if there was multiple 1st rounders involved, but with Fitz and Rivers together they would likely be late first rounders and thus I would rather have Fitz.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What would the Patriots give up for Fitzie?

You must be registered for see images attach