Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Never happen.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
"I've been asked often in the past few days whether the San Diego Chargers could target Arizona receiver Larry Fitzgerald in a trade.
I get the reasoning.
Fitzgerald is tied to new San Diego offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt. He was Fitzgerald's longtime head coach in Arizona. New San Diego quarterbacks coach Frank Reich was Fitzgerald's position coach last season. Fitzgerald's father tweeted Friday that his son was a fan of Reich, and it was a good hire for the Chargers.

LMAO... Yea, Fitz certainly flourished un Whiz didn't he... After Warner left, Fitz's career came to a screeching halt! Why in the world would he want to get ponied up with Whiz again??

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Arians comes here from Indy. Using the same logic, I guess we'll make a move to trade for Andrew Luck.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
Arians comes here from Indy. Using the same logic, I guess we'll make a move to trade for Andrew Luck.

I think we are in for some surprises---and a Fitz trade might be one of them, that is, if the value is right.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Great Fitz for Rivers and a #2 pick.

We'll give them all of our Qb's so Fitz can be reunited with what he had here.

Even the author said at the end it was somewhat unlikely given how much it would cost them.

I am one that would consider dealing Fitz for the right deal, but SD isn't going to give up Rivers to get Fitz so they don't make sense.

You do that deal to a team that either has an extra QB, or a very high pick.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
LMAO... Yea, Fitz certainly flourished un Whiz didn't he... After Warner left, Fitz's career came to a screeching halt! Why in the world would he want to get ponied up with Whiz again??

The idea of a QB like Phillip Rivers, maybe?

Seems to me when KW had a QB, Fitz had a MONSTER year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
The idea of a QB like Phillip Rivers, maybe?

Seems to me when KW had a QB, Fitz had a MONSTER year.

He also had a monster year when Whiz didn't have a QB. The guy is just amazing.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I'd trade him for Phillip Rivers

I'd toss in Lindley and Skelton (which Fitz would deny the trade)

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I've been asked often in the past few days whether the San Diego Chargers could target Arizona receiver Larry Fitzgerald in a trade.
I get the reasoning.
Fitzgerald is tied to new San Diego offensive coordinator Ken Whisenhunt. He was Fitzgerald's longtime head coach in Arizona. New San Diego quarterbacks coach Frank Reich was Fitzgerald's position coach last season. Fitzgerald's father tweeted Friday that his son was a fan of Reich, and it was a good hire for the Chargers.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/F/FitzLa00.htm

As far as I can tell Fitz #s were pretty damn good under Whiz even two season he didn't have a real QB. Kind of a bunk argument. Especially considering how much Fitz has openly said he likes Whiz.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just noticed that Fitz is an African American. So there you go...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
This is just a BS report from the media looking through the lens of "elite player on crappy team should be playing on a bigger stage."

Kevin Love from the Timberwolves gets reports like this all of the time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
True. But you dont see or hear him go out of his way to say he does like someone either.

I see him constantly praising everyone, including how he used to praise denny green alot.

John lott too.

Redheart

Stack 'em up!
Reaction score
Do you really believe the Cards would actually trade Fitz to SD and not get Rivers in return?? C'mon now...

I really, really hope not.

But if I was Fitz...and I had a choice of Phillip Rivers next year vs. hope and faith that the AZ Cardinals will get it right sometime in the next 3-5 years...knowing SF and Seattle D's are waiting twice a year for him...living in San Diego...it's a "no-brainer".

Fitz should have been blowing up NFL records; but our Offense has put his HOF numbers on "stall".

Last edited: