Fitz-Cousins

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Interesting . . .

Logistically speaking, if Cousins is the guy, what can we do to generate cap space to sign him?

Larry is on the final year of his deal, would he sign an extension to lower his cap number if he wanted Cousins here?

Iupati-Buc-AP gets us about 18M in caproom on top of what we have.

Last edited:

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
If Cousins is a golfer---we may actually have a chance. Sometimes location matters.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
According to spotrac, if we cut Iupati, Buck & AP our cap would be around $40m, up from $23m.

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I’m sure they have nice golf courses in NY, OH & MIN and ARZ is unwilling to pay the ransom it would take for Cousins to even come here. So unless Fitz is one hell of a recruiter who can sell Cousins on taking less to come here I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I’m sure they have nice golf courses in NY, OH & MIN and ARZ is unwilling to pay the ransom it would take for Cousins to even come here. So unless Fitz is one hell of a recruiter who can sell Cousins on taking less to come here I wouldn’t get my hopes up.

They do have nice ones but they aren’t accessible year round :)

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

Doesn't have to and we could afford him very easily, as has been pointed out. Players covet guaranteed money (not what an agent tells you how much guaranteed money is in a contract), I mean what the signed check is in front of them, because all those other numbers can go put the window quick. So if the Cards really want KC their going to have to cut a very large check, as his signing bonus, likely around 60 mil. Then you spread that 60 mil over 6 years that is 10 mil plus his salary which could be say 5 mil, his cap hit for the first year is only 15 mil. The next 4 years his cap hit would be 30 mil each year (paying him 20 mil a year) and a whopping 45 (paying him 35 mil) in the sixth year at which time you redo the contract or you simply let him go with a dead cap hit of 10mil. 6 years 180 mil and he is the highest paid player in the NFL for a week or two...:)

The real thing is most of that 180 in somewhat guaranteed because of the sever cap ramifications in the scenario I laid out. I am sure some cap guru could structure it much better to get it where they could get out it sooner without as much damage. I just wanted to lay it out where he could be a Card and only count 15 mil against the cap next year. He still make 85 mil or his 180 total in the first 2 years.

Last edited:

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Interesting . . .

Logistically speaking, if Cousins is the guy, what can we do to generate cap space to sign him?

Larry is on the final year of his deal, would he sign an extension to lower his cap number if he wanted Cousins here?

Iupati-Buc-AP gets us about 18M in caproom on top of what we have.
You like that?

GimmedaBall

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Doesn't have to and we could afford him very easily, as has been pointed out. Players covet guaranteed money (not what an agent tells you how much guaranteed money is in a contract), I mean what the signed check is in front of them, because all those other numbers can go put the window quick. So if the Cards really want KC their going to have to cut a very large check, as his signing bonus, likely around 60 mil. Then you spread that 60 mil over 6 years that is 10 mil plus his salary which could be say 5 mil, his cap hit for the first year is only 15 mil. The next 4 years his cap hit would be 30 mil each year (paying him 20 mil a year) and a whopping 45 (paying him 35 mil) in the sixth year at which time you redo the contract or you simply let him go with a dead cap hit of 10mil. 6 years 180 mil and he is the highest paid player in the NFL for a week or two...:)

The real thing is most of that 180 in somewhat guaranteed because of the sever cap ramifications in the scenario I laid out. I am sure some cap guru could structure it much better to get it where they could get out it sooner without as much damage. I just wanted to lay it out where he could be a Card and only count 15 mil against the cap next year. He still make 85 mil or his 180 total in the first 2 years.

Any news on the rumor that the Jets were going to fully guarantee the contract?

I was pulling for Cousins even given his ridiculous salary but when I heard the rumor that it was going to be fully guaranteed I switched to my third choice---Bradford + drafted QB at our #15 spot.

AZCrazy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The only quarterback that will be left at #15 will be Lamar Jackson. Even Rudolph will be gone in the 10-13 range, and the top four will all be gone in the first six picks.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only quarterback that will be left at #15 will be Lamar Jackson. Even Rudolph will be gone in the 10-13 range, and the top four will all be gone in the first six picks.

If so - you draft him in a heartbeat, IMHO.

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dan Bickley spoke to Fit and confirmed Fitz was actually recruiting Cousins when he went to meet Cousins at Atlanta

Sent from my PH-1 using Tapatalk

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score

Rudolph will probably still be there at the end of round 1. He isn't going before Jackson.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
That seems like the popular belief but I wonder just how true it's going to be? My instinct tells me that while everyone is predicting a rush on QB's, things aren't actually going to work out that way.

Reaction score
Rudolph will probably still be there at the end of round 1. He isn't going before Jackson.

I can see Rudolph going before Jackson. You never know. The draft always seems to play out differently than predicted. They could both go in the 2nd with Rudolph going earlier in the 2nd. Wouldn't surprise me either way.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
I can see Rudolph going before Jackson. You never know. The draft always seems to play out differently than predicted. They could both go in the 2nd with Rudolph going earlier in the 2nd. Wouldn't surprise me either way.
Boy, Mason Rudolph sure looks the part, doesn't he? 6'5", 230, pocket passer that can move a little. In terms of physical attributes and draft value, this is the guy that intrigues me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Boy, Mason Rudolph sure looks the part, doesn't he? 6'5", 230, pocket passer that can move a little. In terms of physical attributes and draft value, this is the guy that intrigues me.

me too, but with all that, I keep wondering why more people aren't talking about him at the top of the draft?

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
me too, but with all that, I keep wondering why more people aren't talking about him at the top of the draft?
Was just watching some video of him and his biggest weakness is deep ball accuracy. But he throws downfield a LOT and his receivers were only "good" IMO. Seems to have plenty of arm strength on intermediate stuff and can hit the out pattern from either hash. What stood out to me was his willingness to stand in there and let a play develop. Saw a handful of times where he waited 'til the last moment to throw a pass and they were usually on target.

Guys like this make me question what I don't know because I purposely put on video of Darnold right after to see what the "top" guy looked like in comparison and I don't see an obvious difference between the two. Not to where Darnold is the #1 overall and Rudolph is a fringe type that has to wait until the 2nd or 3rd.

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score

I think he has a "lazy" arm, meaning that he doesn't get the full power from his arm, and I think it is because he takes what appears to me as really long strides. I see you stated that he throw well from hash to hash, I think he throws a wobbley ball and would be picked off by NFL CBs. I think he would need to develop (what I call) the Joe Montana/Kurt Warner affect, he'll need to learn to read defenses so well that he knows where the ball is going at the snap. I don't think he has had to read defenses and isn't terribly accurate with the long ball. Now I am going off watching him play probably 4 or 5 games this year, and 3 or 4 last year. I think he has a very low floor and a medium ceiling. Boom or bust pick that I feel would be a 3 rounder in most drafts, but could move up to the 2nd because of the first round run in QBs.

That is why I think he is not the talk of the town, because he sure looks the part. I got to say too, I am rooting for this kid, he comes from a football family, and by all accounts seems to be a good kid.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA