Fitz-Cousins

Reaction score
I think he has a "lazy" arm, meaning that he doesn't get the full power from his arm, and I think it is because he takes what appears to me as really long strides. I see you stated that he throw well from hash to hash, I think he throws a wobbley ball and would be picked off by NFL CBs. I think he would need to develop (what I call) the Joe Montana/Kurt Warner affect, he'll need to learn to read defenses so well that he knows where the ball is going at the snap. I don't think he has had to read defenses and isn't terribly accurate with the long ball. Now I am going off watching him play probably 4 or 5 games this year, and 3 or 4 last year. I think he has a very low floor and a medium ceiling. Boom or bust pick that I feel would be a 3 rounder in most drafts, but could move up to the 2nd because of the first round run in QBs.

That is why I think he is not the talk of the town, because he sure looks the part. I got to say too, I am rooting for this kid, he comes from a football family, and by all accounts seems to be a good kid.

I watched him vs Mayfield in the Ok game. He looked pretty good. I didn't see a wobbly ball. He hit a few in stride on the seam routes.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I think we have to remember we see everything through the eyes of the media on this.

I can guess that teams don't want 'their guys' being hyped. They want guys flying under the radar.

Mason Rudolph seems to be flying under the radar of most of the media, but it's quite possible, he isn't among NFL GM's/Scouts.

It's still very possible Rudolph leapfrogs a QB or two others feels right now are higher rated and expected to go higher.

Or not. But it happens every year with certain guys, this year Rudolph might be one of them.

Even then, going higher doesn't mean everything, as GM's want to get the best guys they can get, even at later picks. So it is possible some GM sees Rudolph as better and gets him lower and gets great value.

I still remember how much many of us wanted Kalil Mack, and were hoping to get him in the 2nd round. Then the combine and media hype began and he went near the top. I'm not saying he wasn't seen as a top end pick by some GM's before all of that, but after the spotlight was shined on him, there was no way he was going to be a penultimate 2nd round value pick.

Last edited:
Reaction score
I'm not saying he wasn't seen as a top end pick by some GM's before all of that, but after the spotlight was shined on him, there was no way he was going to be a penultimate 2nd round value pick.
I don't think this word means what you think it means. . .

pe·nul·ti·mate
pəˈnəltəmət/
adjective
  1. last but one in a series of things; second to the last.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only quarterback that will be left at #15 will be Lamar Jackson. Even Rudolph will be gone in the 10-13 range, and the top four will all be gone in the first six picks.

Kyle Lauletta should be there, and I like him better than Lamar Jackson. If we stay at 15 that is who we should pick.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't think this word means what you think it means. . .

pe·nul·ti·mate
pəˈnəltəmət/
adjective
  1. last but one in a series of things; second to the last.

It may not be the Queen's English, but it is used how I meant it. ;)

https://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/penultimate
You may occasionally hear the word penultimate used as an intensified version of ultimate, as in "a race they've called 'the penultimate challenge.'" This use isn't typically found in edited prose, however-or in dictionaries.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
There is buzz that Lauletta is being eyed by Patriots, Redskins. He will long gone by then

just because they like the kid doesnt mean they are going to draft a project in the first round. sure they are "eyeing" him.... they're eyeing him for the third round

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I remember also something about fitz manning connection, thene he chose the Broncos
Cousins is looking for money, no for friendships

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I know cards won't sign cousins but in some parrlel universe if cards did could they still draft a rookie q b to learn under cousins? Till rookie is ready

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
I watched him vs Mayfield in the Ok game. He looked pretty good. I didn't see a wobbly ball. He hit a few in stride on the seam routes.

That was one of the best games I seen him play, to be sure, and his seems route passes were not the issue I had. It was from the hash to the long side of the field. It was asked why he is not talked about in the "elite" QB discussions. This is why IMO.

Last edited: