Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
First Man

Release date: October 12, 2018
Studio: Universal Pictures
Director: Damien Chazelle
MPAA Rating: PG-13 (for some thematic content involving peril, and brief strong language)
Screenwriter: Josh Singer
Genre: Drama, Biography

Starring: Ryan Gosling, Corey Stoll, Kyle Chandler, Jon Bernthal, Claire Foy, Jason Clarke, Kyle Chandler, Patrick Fugit, Ciaran Hinds, Ethan Embry, Shea Whigham, Pablo Schreiber

Plot Summary: Based on the authorized biography "First Man: A Life Of Neil A. Armstrong" by James Hansen. NASA historian James R. Hansen got rare direct access to Armstrong, a test pilot-turned-astronaut who was so driven to reach the moon and play the role of American hero that he became known as "the Ice Commander." Armstrong had a family tragedy before Apollo that turned him into this driven astronaut, and he became such a perfect hero that while Buzz Aldrin was announced to be the first man on the moon, NASA reversed its decision because Neil was regarded as more heroic. Armstrong returned from the moon as one of the most famous men on Earth but didn't capitalize on it with a political career or endorsements. He reconnected with his family, shut out the world and became an intensely private man.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It was loooong.. But very well done I enjoyed it.

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Watched this the other night. It was long but very well done. I'm somewhat of a space geek so I see pretty much anything about the space program. I just bought a DVD of The Right Stuff for $1.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched this the other night. It was long but very well done. I'm somewhat of a space geek so I see pretty much anything about the space program. I just bought a DVD of The Right Stuff for $1.

I'm the same. Total space Geek. Wanted to see this in the theater but never got a chance. Watched it on HBO this past weekend and loved it. I was born in 73 so I wasn't alive when the moon landings happened. I sure hope to someday get to watch humans walk on the moon again and maybe even Mars.

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm the same. Total space Geek. Wanted to see this in the theater but never got a chance. Watched it on HBO this past weekend and loved it. I was born in 73 so I wasn't alive when the moon landings happened. I sure hope to someday get to watch humans walk on the moon again and maybe even Mars.

Same here (except I was born in 71). I keep hoping we'll have a much more substantial space station. Not exactly what I pictured as a kid - reading science fiction books and watching TV shows and movies. Honestly, can't believe we haven't been to Mars yet (manned mission).

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I was born in '65 and vaguely remember this. I remember having a lunch box commemorating the moon landing.
You must be registered for see images attach

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson