Fire Herb Sendek

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
More likely: Sean moves on in 10 years to an UNC or Duke or the NBA then Arch takes over UA. My take is that Archie kills it in Dayton and moves on to a major conference gig in three years. At that point NC State will be in Year 3 of whoever they hire and are itching to get rid of him bit don't have any money as they had to overpay way back when. So Archie takes another gig and NC State is left eternally screwed.

I can't believe they did not even bring him in for an interview. He's going to be just as good as his brother. He's probably even ahead of where Sean was at the same age.

Last edited:

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
More likely: Sean moves on in 10 years to an UNC or Duke or the NBA then Arch takes over UA. My take is that Archie kills it in Dayton and moves on to a major conference gig in three years. At that point NC State will be in Year 3 of whoever they hire and are itching to get rid of him bit don't have any money as they had to overpay way back when. So Archie takes another gig and NC State is left eternally screwed.

I can't believe they did not even bring him in for an interview. He's going to be just as good as his brother. He's probably even ahead of where Sean was at the same age.

This is on an ASU thread, so my fantasy trumps yours. ;)

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Both have pretty obnoxiously delusional fan bases but I give UNLV the edge due to 1. being the only game in town, 2. being in a vastly easier conferences, 3. having community college esque entry requirements.

However you'd also have to live in LV (my least favorite City), so I'd never take that job in a bizarro world in which I was a basketball coach. But I know thats a personal preference thing and not one that most share.

I'd question that statement. UNLV plays in the Mountain West and it's a much better conference than most people realize. It lacks the glamor of the ACC and it's probably not quite as good but it's incorrect, IMO, to say it's "vastly easier". As a matter of fact, the difference has been pretty minor over the past several years and I'd actually argue the Mountain West was better than the ACC this year.

Switch Wake Forest and TCU and I doubt that Wake would be able to match TCU's 11 wins. Do the same thing at the top of the two conferences and I doubt Duke would be able to duplicate BYU's results. The ACC does have a few more decent teams than The Mountain West but no more than you'd expect given the fact that ACC has 3 more teams in it.

Steve

HooverDam

Reaction score
^Well the Mountain West is about lose BYU (WCC) and TCU (Big East) so even if it was close this year it won't be going forward.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
FYI NC State hired Mark Gottfried.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Actually not the worst save in the world.

Did anyone see the press conference? I heard the NCSU AD spent most of it either spinning or blasting Gary Williams.

Last edited:

The Grud Man

Reaction score
Can we get a fire Dennis Erickson thread? How about a fire Lisa Love thread?

What a horrible time to be an ASU fan. At least there's nowhere to go but up.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Can we get a fire Dennis Erickson thread? How about a fire Lisa Love thread?

What a horrible time to be an ASU fan. At least there's nowhere to go but up.

We're nothing if not disappointing. Herb's recruits as of late have been absolute puke. Outside of Lockett, it's a pretty sorry bunch. I certainly don't have delusions of being a top tier basketball team, but how about just middle of the Pac 10 with occasional overachieving?

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
We're nothing if not disappointing. Herb's recruits as of late have been absolute puke. Outside of Lockett, it's a pretty sorry bunch. I certainly don't have delusions of being a top tier basketball team, but how about just middle of the Pac 10 with occasional overachieving?
Rudd and Walker are playing well for their new teams, but yeah the big man and point guard recruiting for you guys has been downright atrocious.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is it true what Carson posted on Twitter a couple of days ago that he was ruled ineligible? He actually spelled it wrong but that's what he wrote.

There are a bunch of conflicting rumors from he's waiting for an ACT score or the online course he took has been challenged because it shows he was logged in working when he was actually on the court for TEam USA U-19 this summer.

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
So is it true what Carson posted on Twitter a couple of days ago that he was ruled ineligible? He actually spelled it wrong but that's what he wrote.

There are a bunch of conflicting rumors from he's waiting for an ACT score or the online course he took has been challenged because it shows he was logged in working when he was actually on the court for TEam USA U-19 this summer.

From what I understand that tweet was in response to why he hasn't played yet. It was basically saying he's been ineligible so far, not necessarily that he's been ruled out the whole season. According to the ACT website, for the day Carson took the test, the score could be posted anytime between Nov 8th and Dec 23rd. So we might be waiting awhile still.

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
@Doug Haller reports Sendek just got a two year extension.

AsUdUdE

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
That can't be true... I have always been a huge Sendek supporter, but there just is no way he actually just got a two year extension..

really?!

OP
OP
Mulli

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
That can't be true... I have always been a huge Sendek supporter, but there just is no way he actually just got a two year extension..

really?!

Sad, but true. It is in the tweets

Mathew81

Whatever
Reaction score
Wow. I wasn't on the fire Herb bandwagon. I was going to wait out the season before I decided if I wanted him fired or not but he definitely didn't deserve an extension.

Broseph

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
3-5 gets you an extension? I wish my company rewarded mediocrity like asu does.

I guess "continuity" trumps results again.

Yeah 3-5 at the tune of making 1.2 million dollars a year to constantly put out sub-mediocre teams every season.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
3-5 gets you an extension? I wish my company rewarded mediocrity like asu does.

I guess "continuity" trumps results again.

This crap is driving me insane. Seriously, what on earth could possibly be the rationale for rewarding Sendek with a contract extension? I'd love to have someone explain that to me.

I guess snorefest basketball and 20% full stadiums is enough, this is just insult upon injury.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Is Lisa Love trying to lose her job? This lady is single-handily destroying the ASU Athletic's brand name.

From the embarrassing sideshow that is the football coaching search to rewarding substandard basketball performance, I can't see her lasting very much longer as A.D. of your program unless this is what the boosters truly want. On top of that (trying to be as unbiased as possible), rival Arizona, who already has a superior basketball program, is laying a foundation for football success and will most likely lap ASU in that department as well.

I bet ASU is unplugging the phones at the ticket offices to prevent season ticket holders from calling in and cancelling.

What a disaster.....

But if you're a UofA fan; long live Lisa Love

You must be registered for see images attach

Last edited:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard