Fellas, any thoughts on tonight's game?? Flyers??

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I thought it was a good game. Esche stood on his head a few times and our special teams came up huge on the Brashear penalties. We're playing good hockey right now. This is my first post in this forum, because outside of my Philly teams, we're family up in this piece. So I'm bragging just a touch. LOL!!!! What'd you guys think??

Cland

Veteran
Reaction score
I was disappointed in all aspects of that game. Considering all of the crying and threats made after the game in Phoenix by Hitchcok and Primeau, I was expecting a much more physical and emotional game. That didn't happen though on either sides. It was a pretty boring game. As for your PK, I don't want to rain on your parade or anything but we are 0 for our last 32.

But after reading Roenick's quotes in the paper the next day my mood was immediately lifted. You guys are unbeaten in your last 12, unbeaten all year at home, lead the entire NHL in points yet PR still isn't happy. He was ripping Hitchcock for replacing Recci with Brashear on his line.

Hey PR, Hitchcock's won a Cup...have you?

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Don't like JR huh Cland?? Yeah, I didn't like it at first either, and I forgot about the first game this year when Hitch said it'd be a lot more physical the next time. But Hitch did go on the 610 sports radio here the next day, and say he didn't have any probs with JR saying that, they have a pretty decent relationship despite how the media portrays it.

Cland

Veteran
Reaction score
It's not that I don't like him but this type of stuff is annoying. I wonder what Keenan would have said/done if he said the same thing about him?

Good luck the rest of the way out. With that group of egos I think you're going to need it.:D

OP
OP
phillycard

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Really to me it's just Primeau and Roenick. Every one else seems to be easy going cats. When Barber got fired, those two were the main ones yapping. LeClair's iffy sometimes too, but I like the team we have right now. We'll see though. We always start out on fire, yet fold like a cheap card table late. If we can handle the Devils and Senators a few times I'll feel a little better. Good luck to ya boys too Cland.