Feeling better about this franchise

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Now that a few weeks have gone by since his absence, and hoping this is permanent, I have a different disposition with a glimmer of hope with Keim not there. Yes, Michael hired him and is to blame for that, but I honestly feel a bulk of our problems have been directly related to Keim. God bless him and his ongoing struggle against his demons or what his affliction might be, but Keim whether it was done on purpose or not, was probably the main toxic poison which has made this franchise fragment beyond even Cardinal standards. I do not want Kingsbury and Jospeh back, and would rather prefer an outside GM opposed to Adrian Wilson, but so happy to be freed of Keim and his influence

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Now that a few weeks have gone by since his absence, and hoping this is permanent, I have a different disposition with a glimmer of hope with Keim not there. Yes, Michael hired him and is to blame for that, but I honestly feel a bulk of our problems have been directly related to Keim. God bless him and his ongoing struggle against his demons or what his affliction might be, but Keim whether it was done on purpose or not, was probably the main toxic poison which has made this franchise fragment beyond even Cardinal standards. I do not want Kingsbury and Jospeh back, and would rather prefer an outside GM opposed to Adrian Wilson, but so happy to be freed of Keim and his influence
I'll feel better if they hire a legit GM.

OP
OP
Jetstream Green

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
I'll feel better if they hire a legit GM.
Who is to say Wilson cannot and is not that, but we have nothing so far to confirm that and I side with you on that point, but Keim's tenure seems to reflect his own personal life which unfortunately for him has been in shambles. I do think Adrian Wilson's character is in a far better place to succeed as a GM

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Who is to say Wilson cannot and is not that, but we have nothing so far to confirm that and I side with you on that point, but Keim's tenure seems to reflect his own personal life which unfortunately for him has been in shambles. I do think Adrian Wilson's character is in a far better place to succeed as a GM

1. Harris

2. Quentin Harris

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
What, not who, and that is an unbroken cycle of sucking going back far too many years. It is sheer madness to continue rolling with GMs raised and groomed under old regimes. Maybe Wilson or Harris would be good, but there's also a huge chance the losing culture and simply not knowing how to properly function as a front office has rubbed off on them. That is not a smart risk/reward scenario to enter into. It is a far more hopeful hire than it is a logical one, and this team needs to be logical moving forward. Hire a good president candidate, and let the president build out from there. Everyone else? Gone.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
History. This franchise has never had a high functioning front office and the latest example we have of promoting a top internal candidate was Keim. It is more likely that he promoted people who mirrored his beliefs and philosophies than it is a person rose withiin while also disagreeing with Keim.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Who is to say he is?

His current track record is mixed with Keim.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
History. This franchise has never had a high functioning front office and the latest example we have of promoting a top internal candidate was Keim. It is more likely that he promoted people who mirrored his beliefs and philosophies than it is a person rose withiin while also disagreeing with Keim.
Rod Graves? He definitely had some ups and downs.

Reaction score
I think Keim was a good to very good GM at one time. When he hired Arians & got Palmer we had a few very good years & if not for injuries to Palmer & others I believe we would have gone to the SB again. He's made a few good trades since then & his drafts are getting better. But he definitely has some issues now & I believe the team needs a fresh face as GM.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I think Keim was a good to very good GM at one time. When he hired Arians & got Palmer we had a few very good years & if not for injuries to Palmer & others I believe we would have gone to the SB again. He's made a few good trades since then & his drafts are getting better. But he definitely has some issues now & I believe the team needs a fresh face as GM.
Lol

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Keim had some positive moments on trades and free agents. However, his draft record was terrible...way too many misses and the Kingsbury HC experiment was a disaster. I agree with Jetstream , it's better with him gone. The organization won't change unless Bidwill is willing to bring in a new GM from the outside and give him control else the culture will stay the same.

Last edited:

SpokaneCardfan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think Keim got lucky hiring Arians. There wasn't much left to pick from if I remember correctly.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think MB bought into the idea of rollinng all the dice on a wunderkind college HC coming over with a talented QB protégée who proposed to change the entire culture of the franchise. Didn’t work. Things went south. Injuries were too many and ill-timed. We’re stuck with a whole lotta mess while we try to dig our way out of the hole.

Keim is little more than a bit player in all this - the willing face of an organization who asked him to do unfamiliar stuff while fighting inner demons

Not that he didn’t deserve to be shown the door, but his main sin was being in putting himself and his team at personal and professional risk and being in the wrong place at the wrong time. We give him too much credit for all that’s gone wrong with the team.

Figuratively speaking, Keim was GM #240 out of 250 versions of the Cardinal team.

Last edited:

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah, that is why Wilson is sitting next to Michael in the press box and Harris is sitting on the other side of Wilson :raccoon:

Back in the Soviet Union days, people would speculate on who was up or down in the regime from photos of the members of the politburo reviewing Mayday parades. History proved that the speculation was rarely correct.

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Larry Wilson did a good job, mostly under duress

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose