Fandom: What Would You Do?

The Suns move to another city. Do you:

• Become a fan of the new Seattle Suns.

Votes: 3 20.0%
  • Move your second favorite team into first and hate the Suns forever.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Stop caring about the NBA altogether.

Votes: 11 73.3%
  • Depends on the city they move to.

Votes: 1 6.7%

• Total voters

Cheesewater

(ex-Uriah Heep)
Reaction score
There is an NFL team currently rumored to be contemplating a move to another city. It is revealing interesting results on the psychology of being a fan.

Imagine the Suns move to another city. They take the name, the colors, the players, all of it. Do you:

A) Become a fan of the new Seattle Suns.

B) Move your second favorite team into first and hate the Suns forever.

C) Stop caring about the NBA altogether.

D) Depends on the city they move to.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hate them and wish nothing but losing seasons and continually blowing lotto picks.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
As a non-Arizona fan, I'd likely continue being a fan, though it would probably be "weird." I can't imagine my Suns being anywhere but in Arizona.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd support the Arizona Cardinals and the ASU Sun Devils even more. I'd want to keep the "Suns" name in the Valley for a future franchise I could support.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
This isn't a hypothetical for me. I pretty much tuned out the NBA. With lord stern gone there are some teams I try to follow and I'll always enjoy basketball.

I went from a league pass subscribing, merch buying, game attending fan to someone who had maybe watched a half dozen regular season games since the Sonics vanished.

I do like the current Suns vibe and am trying to support them, it isn't easy though

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
As a non-Arizona fan, I'd likely continue being a fan, though it would probably be "weird." I can't imagine my Suns being anywhere but in Arizona.

This is how I'd feel as well

Errntknght

Reaction score
I imagine it would depend on what city they moved to... I grew up in the state of Washington and most of my extensive family still lives there so Seattle or Tacoma would probably work, especially if some of my brothers took a significant interest in them. I don't really have a second favorite team so I'd probably take little interest the NBA until Phoenix got another team.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Depends? If the city is a candidate for another team in the future, I would probably hate em and not care. If it doesn't appear the city is a candidate for a team in the future I would probably cheer them on and they would stay my team.

I simply can't imagine cheering for many of the other teams out West that I have come to competitively despise. LOL.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They, and the NBA, would be dead to me.

This. I would lose all interest whatsoever in the NBA. I was almost at that point with the fixed San Antonio series and the suspensions.

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
I couldn't do it. I'm a born and raised AZ native. The Suns are a part of AZ. It would just be too weird rooting for the "Seattle Suns." (The irony in that name is strong.)

I'd basically lose interest in the NBA until PHX got another team. Which, even then, would just feel weird. Different roster, coaches, ownership, etc.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
I have always lived in an area where I was lucky enough to have access to professional sports teams from all 4 major sports (Football, Baseball, Basketball and Hockey). This type of support for the local team(s) has always allowed me to remain a fan of the respective sport that team represented...
I can safely say that if the Suns were to move to Seattle, I would no longer support the Suns and my interest level in the NBA would all but dry up...

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
D-backs in the summer and I'd attend more Mercury Games. Or would the Suns move them, too?

As much as I despise the *FAF* ceiling, I have stayed a Suns fan (since I have been here almost as long as they), because they, as I, love the Valley of the Sun. I guess I would feel betrayed after supporting them for so long.

*FAF* = Fifty and Fade -- the pinnacle of Suns hopes for 4 1/2 decades. The best they could hope to get back to with their history of "play light" mentality.

But I will continue to root for them as long as they are the Phoenix Suns.

mojorizen7

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A situation much like Baltimore/Cleveland in the NFL would be interesting i must admit. New everything except for the name and uni's remain the same...like the rebirth.

It would be like a complete face lift. Same Suns logo and building but with a new culture(hopefully), owner, coaches and players.

Hopefully it wouldn't end up like Baltimore/Cleveland though, where Baltimore has experienced a ton of success after relocating and the new Browns are stuck in neutral.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I think it would depend if it was Sarver who moved them or if a new owner bought the team from him in order to move it. If Sarver moved the team I would hate them and root against them all the time. If it was a new owner I would wish them luck and hope that the "Suns" name stayed in Phoenix similar to how Seattle kept the "Sonics" name for when/if they get another team there.

I'd still follow the NBA still but probably become a Pacer fan since I have a lot of family in Indiana and almost moved there a few times, I wouldn't care as much about them though unless I did relocate. I'd probably watch and root for the Wildcats & Sun Devils a lot more until Phoenix got a new team though.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
One of my teams (football) moved and I'm still a fan. It's weird for a few years, but I got over it. If the Suns move, I'd support them unless they changed name, logo, identity. In that case I'd have to find a new team. Not sure if I could support another team the same? I've had my teams since I was around 5 years old. Not one of my favorite teams are local so I wouldn't be losing that aspect.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard