Eventually this was going to happen....

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
The defense has played with fire every single game in the last drive and has gotten lucky.

This time, they got burnt

Congratulations losers

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
This defense is composed of choke artists. Bunch of losers it's the same old mother****ing cardinals.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Usually I look around for who is to blame in a loss like this, it would have been nice to get more points from the offense.. I think the defense held up pretty damn good short of the huge run they gave up, letting them convert all those 4th downs killed too.

But I can honestly attribute this loss to VY playing a great game.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Usually I look around for who is to blame in a loss like this, it would have been nice to get more points from the offense.. I think the defense held up pretty damn good short of the huge run they gave up, letting them convert all those 4th downs killed too.

But I can honestly attribute this loss to VY playing a great game.

This I agree with. The game plan to keep VY in the pocket and make him beat us with his arm had mixed success. VY made the plays he needed to.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
True. But why does every qb in the league seem to have their best game of the year against us.

Because our secondary/defense/pass rush blows in the clutch. Davis was calling his weak ass 3 man rush D and VY killed us as does every other qb.

az240zz

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Yea I will give VY credit but I still don't think we played as aggressively as we could have.

Tony W

Ride it like u stole it!!!!!!!
Reaction score
This defense is composed of choke artists. Bunch of losers it's the same old mother****ing cardinals.

Where was THIS sentiment the last 6 of 7 games? The defense was tasked with keeping this from becoming a Chris Johnson show and to a degree accomplished that. The offense was sluggish but found it's groove. Give Vince young his just due. He took what the Cards D was giving him and HE didn't choke. It's so convienent to lame blame when things don't go the way we expect. That freak tipped ball play is what kept that drive alive along with quick out patterns, which is what the defense was allowing. Vince Young earned this win. It was a great game. I'm ok with the loss cause Matt showed me something. Of course this all IMHO

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lack of pass rush other than DD
Don't forget CC.

Our defense is paper-thin at linebacker...especially on the outside. That said, I thought they did a good job of putting pressure on young while keeping him contained. That's a fine line to walk.

The Cards got beat by a good team today. It sucks it went down like it did, but it's not the end of the world and it doesn't mean they're not a good team themselves.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
Don't forget CC.

Our defense is paper-thin at linebacker...especially on the outside. That said, I thought they did a good job of putting pressure on young while keeping him contained. That's a fine line to walk.

The Cards got beat by a good team today. It sucks it went down like it did, but it's not the end of the world and it doesn't mean they're not a good team themselves.

Well said.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Don't forget CC.

:yeahthat:

Titans are a very good team (13 wins last year) that was ravaged by injuries, new DC and fell into a funk. Got it all together during the bye week and now wins 5 in a row.

We didn't know until this am that Warner couldn't go. The team played with a focus in all phases of the game. They fought their arses off and came up a little short. I'm very proud of the entire teams effort. I'm also PI$$ED that we lost but I just can't release the anger by yelling at this player or that coach or ... just a tough loss.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Where was THIS sentiment the last 6 of 7 games? The defense was tasked with keeping this from becoming a Chris Johnson show and to a degree accomplished that. The offense was sluggish but found it's groove. Give Vince young his just due. He took what the Cards D was giving him and HE didn't choke. It's so convienent to lame blame when things don't go the way we expect. That freak tipped ball play is what kept that drive alive along with quick out patterns, which is what the defense was allowing. Vince Young earned this win. It was a great game. I'm ok with the loss cause Matt showed me something. Of course this all IMHO

Yeah instead of it being the Chris Johnson show it was the Chris Johnson and Vince Young show. Dude had 186 YFS and a TD on 8.6 YPC and Vince torched us for 387 yards. The Cardinals have nearly choked away way too many of our wins, we rarely finish off teams. That comes back and bites you in the ass. As we all saw today. We can't generate a pass rush without bringing 6 or 7 players, that's not good.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
Everyones anger/irritation comes from the WAY we lost this game. I'd rather get blown out then throw together another SB quality choke job.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
Are there people on this board who think we are going to win every game?

TJ's my boy so I get what he is saying, but ultimately it was a hard fought game that we lost on the road. VY is a lot better then I thought.

But while it sucks I wouldn't start jumping off cliffs. Lets see how we respond next week

LVG

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

TJ's my boy so I get what he is saying, but ultimately it was a hard fought game that we lost on the road. VY is a lot better then I thought.

But while it sucks I wouldn't start jumping off cliffs. Lets see how we respond next week

With Warner out, we just didn't have enough offensive firepower to get it done. It is what it is.

However, regardless if Warner or Leinart starts next Sunday, we're going to get beat by Minny. Just the way I see it. Then it's onto SF for what will essentially be the NFC West Title Game.

BIRDGANG
Reaction score

No but I sure as hell expect to win at least 80 to 90% of the time when we are up 4 and have our opponent pinned on their own 1 with 2 minutes left to play. You can write it like a script, "hey look we are in GREAT position to win this game IF the defense holds up!"

That's always a big IF with this current squad. Even when when win they let it go down to the wire.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
With Warner out, we just didn't have enough offensive firepower to get it done. It is what it is.

However, regardless if Warner or Leinart starts next Sunday, we're going to get beat by Minny. Just the way I see it. Then it's onto SF for what will essentially be the NFC West Title Game.

I'm not sure even if Warner is healthy and starting this game, we win. Too many mistakes cost us drives on offense (penalties, missed blocks, etc) and our defense played badly. Quite frankly, we should have lost by more

Last edited:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Lack of pass rush other than DD

The Cards should have a sign outside there office & in every paper in America:

Help wanted, edge pass rushers needed!!!

Said it in the offseason & will stand by it until corrected.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
No one sacks Vince Young so that's NOT the problem IMO.

Look we got more sacks than anyone else would of, our defense was tired and containing him on purpose.

They made him beat them throwing the ball and he did, with some unmentionable possible help.

So we lost, a good game, and it happens.

ANDY440

Registered
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
No one sacks Vince Young so that's NOT the problem IMO.

Look we got more sacks than anyone else would of, our defense was tired and containing him on purpose.

They made him beat them throwing the ball and he did, with some unmentionable possible help.

So we lost, a good game, and it happens.

I agree but as after any loss here heads must roll,blame must be laid and someone must be run out of town.:D

Reaction score
Everyones anger/irritation comes from the WAY we lost this game. I'd rather get blown out then throw together another SB quality choke job.
:doi:

Then you obviously don't recall the previous Arizona Cardinals teams.

I would much rather suffer a loss where the team fought it's azz off, than a laydown like we saw for many, many, years.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Yes it had to happen. Sometime in the 90 year history of the NFL some idiot team had to give up an 18 play 99 yard drive to lose a game. Of course it had to be the Cardinals. Fits right up there on the trophy shelf with most kickoff returns in one season.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn