ESPN's top game seven's of all-time

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN had their top game seven's of all-time. The top 3 are:

1)1960 World Series-Pirates vs Yankees(Maz home run beats the Yanks)
2)1973 NBA Finals-Knicks vs Laker(Willis Reed hobbles on the court and leads the Knicks to victory)
3)2001 World Series-Diamondbacks vs Yankees(Gonzo's hit off Riviera beats the Yankees)

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still get chills everytime I watch that replay - Man that was awesome!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Zona90
ESPN had their top game seven's of all-time. The top 3 are:

1)1960 World Series-Pirates vs Yankees(Maz home run beats the Yanks)
2)1973 NBA Finals-Knicks vs Laker(Willis Reed hobbles on the court and leads the Knicks to victory)
3)2001 World Series-Diamondbacks vs Yankees(Gonzo's hit off Riviera beats the Yankees)

That's awesome. Without a doubt - I will never witness anything like that in person in my entire life. The surge of energy that went through my body when the bat hit the ball and floated over Jeter's head, surrounded by my two brothers and 50,000 screaming maniacs was indescribable.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Re: Re: ESPN's top game seven's of all-time

Originally posted by cheesebeef
That's awesome. Without a doubt - I will never witness anything like that in person in my entire life. The surge of energy that went through my body when the bat hit the ball and floated over Jeter's head, surrounded by my two brothers and 50,000 screaming maniacs was indescribable.

I was there too. It was a great day! Once in a lifttime.

Forrestham

Freebird62
Reaction score
I am 40 years old and that was my greates thrill as a sports fan. I may never have a greater thrill in sports in my life. That is a memory I will never forget. IMO it should be number 1. I do not remember a game 7 which a team came from behind and won in the bottom of the 9th. It was surreal.

Mojo

Veteran
Reaction score
In way im happy BK blew those saves to set up that game 7 victory. I could watch that whole game from, start to finish, anytime and anyday. That and Old School

Mojo

Veteran
Reaction score
oh and that 1998 Cards playoff victory of dallas, and the suns game one victory over the spurs this year. Shall i keep going on :)

Charles V

Registered
Reaction score
I have to agree. The D-Backs World Series win was downright amazing.

I tried to upload Gonzo's winner to my webspace, but the file was too big, so I couldnt get all of it. Hopefully you guys will be able to see this,

Game 7, D-Backs Win!

Let me know if it works.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I watch my World Series DVD whenever I can...man, I do get chills too!

Mike

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
I watch my World Series DVD whenever I can...man, I do get chills too!

Mike

Does the DVD have all the games on it, or just snippets from each game? Or just the last inning of the 7th game? I might have to go get that DVD now!

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by thirty two
Does the DVD have all the games on it, or just snippets from each game? Or just the last inning of the 7th game? I might have to go get that DVD now!

Snippets, the important parts...narrated...with clips from the Fox broadcasts, the Arizona announcers, etc.

I thought it would be the entire games too, but that would take a few DVD's I think.

It's very well done though...the clips, the music, the narration...gives you chills.

Mike

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by Chandler Mike
Snippets, the important parts...narrated...with clips from the Fox broadcasts, the Arizona announcers, etc.

I thought it would be the entire games too, but that would take a few DVD's I think.

It's very well done though...the clips, the music, the narration...gives you chills.

Mike

Thanks, Mike! eBay here I come...

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
Originally posted by thirty two

32, get the DVD, I pretty much guarantee you will like it. I have seen it 10 plus times, and still get chills when they show the bottom of the ninth. Definitely worth buying. :thumbup:

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn