ESPN Quoting an Unnamed Scout

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
“He's very talented. Some of issues are outside of him -- I don't think [the Cardinals'] style of play is conducive to winning big games late in the season," an AFC scout said. "Even though the NFL is more open with more passing, really good teams still put an emphasis on defense and running the ball. They are the complete opposite."

in the process of ranking Murray the 10th best NFL QB, I found this quote. I’ve always been a contrarian, so going in the opposite of the pack doesn’t bother me. I thought I’d get the boards’ reaction.

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He couldn't name just Kingsbury?
We don't have a coach with a winning mindset, and the players perceive it

Last edited:

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Defense and ball control will always be primary in football.
Offense wins games but defense wins championships
Still true after all these years.... you have the occasional offensive juggernaut that can get past having a poor defense but those teams are the exception not the rule.
mid you don’t have a great defense then a running game that can produce 8 minute scoring drives is mandatory

the nfl wants flashy high flying high scoring offenses because it sells tickets to casual fans

but a team that wins 17-3 is more likely to make the super bowl than a team that wins 48-45

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The bias towards defense and running the football coincide with cold weather. And injuries have a more adverse effect on offenses.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
What would be an interesting stat is how often olinemen get injured in a run oriented offense versus a pass oriented offense. One would think that the run heavy offense would see less injuries because on the movement required in run blocking versus pass blocking. Don't ask me why this came into my head it just did. We all know Oline injuries can devastate an offense.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I feel quite certain that Kliff is getting fired by the end of this season. The nature of our division coupled with a much less forgiving schedule, coupled with his usual 2 to 3 absolute stinkers per year make this an almost foregone conclusion to me.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I feel quite certain that Kliff is getting fired by the end of this season. The nature of our division coupled with a much less forgiving schedule, coupled with his usual 2 to 3 absolute stinkers per year make this an almost foregone conclusion to me.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

wit3card

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He has to deliver, a winning season is a must, probably that is enough, if he doesn't get the playoffs. But a 8-8-1 season may cost him the job.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Bidwill reads this and fires Kliff, Keim and trades Murray. Immediately. The news should break before the Suns game is over.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s impossible to say Kingsbury should be fired “if”. There are to many variables that could come into play. A rash of of injuries can change an entire season.

Proximo

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
if you look at the Cards offseason acquisitions, it looks like Keim believes they need to play better defense and run the ball more

You think? With the lack of emphasis on the running back position I'm not sure I agree.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
We have a pre-season top 12 offensive line. Evaluating what works and what doesn't in our offense should be as clear as it ever has been.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He has to deliver, a winning season is a must, probably that is enough, if he doesn't get the playoffs. But a 8-8-1 season may cost him the job.
There's something a bit strange about ownership and / or mgt. running their team on the basis of what they think will happen in the future.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Rash of injuries still wouldn't change the effort or play calling and we seem to have two or three airballs each of the last two seasons.

I see 7-10 to 9-8 personally. Injuries could make us a 5-win squad if we aren't careful.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Rash of injuries still wouldn't change the effort or play calling and we seem to have two or three airballs each of the last two seasons.

I see 7-10 to 9-8 personally. Injuries could make us a 5-win squad if we aren't careful.

thats where I’m at.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
A lot of the locker room doesn’t like Kyler this is a fact. Some of that is the systemic laziness of some players rubs Kyler the wrong way and some is his overall attitude and arrogance. Honestly I side with Kyler on this.

Kliff, the fat drunk, and mediocre Mike of course the worst three people on the planet to help patch such differences.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

Yeah, this is pretty much how I see it too.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of the locker room doesn’t like Kyler this is a fact. Some of that is the systemic laziness of some players rubs Kyler the wrong way and some is his overall attitude and arrogance. Honestly I side with Kyler on this.

Kliff, the fat drunk, and mediocre Mike of course the worst three people on the planet to help patch such differences.

tell us how you really feel.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose