ESPN: Oregon may seek out Steve Alford

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oregon is building the most expensive basketball facility in the country, $220 million complex. They news they're going after Alford the day after they announce this is no coincidence.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Phil Knight's arena has been in construction for awhile. Not sure why they'd go after Alford either, I think it's been proven what he can (or more precisely can't) accomplish in a major conference where you're generally not allowed to recruit a certain type of player. Especially considering all the drama with their football program recently. I think they'll go after a bigger name - Dixon will get a call and there might be a shot there with Pitt possibly going to the Big 11.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Maybe they go after Sean Miller, I mean, he is the biggest named coach in all of the NCAA's right?

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oregon is building the most expensive basketball facility in the country, $220 million complex. They news they're going after Alford the day after they announce this is no coincidence.
If it's all about the $ then I can see Alford going to Oregon. They seem to have plenty.

HooverDam

Reaction score
It seems like they'd try to get Mark Few. He's apparently said before he wants to stay with the Zags, but with it being his alma matter and them building that insane complex, you'd have to think that job would be appealing. But maybe Few is happy being the king of the small pond.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave