ESPN and FOX TV pick Titans

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
True, but maybe somehow, Matty puts it all together. We have to establish the run today for that to happen.

I think Matt can play, but am curious as to how many snaps he got vs. Warner this week. The kid needs gametime, he has only started 16 games in his career & you only get better by playing.

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I think Matt can play, but am curious as to how many snaps he got vs. Warner this week. The kid needs gametime, he has only started 16 games in his career & you only get better by playing.

How true Bucky, but on this board his career will be on this game. That is not fair, Warner was not looking great the first few games this year and people were calling for his head. Oh well, such is the life of an NFL quarterback.

I am hoping Matt comes out can complete a couple of passes to give him some confidence. Then if we can rush the ball like we have the past three games we might eke out a win.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score

Matt Cassel, Rothlessburger, Tom Brady did okay without starting a lot of games first. It's the confidence a QB needs to step out on that field and compete.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Matt Cassel, Rothlessburger, Tom Brady did okay without starting a lot of games first. It's the confidence a QB needs to step out on that field and compete.

How rare is that?

How about Peyton Manning, Eli, John Elway, Aikman among others? Didn't Johnny Unitas get cut by the Steelers? Playing time is generally the golden rule.

Confidence is a big time factor & thats why I say Wiz should call plays to not handcuff Leinart. Scaling back the playbook isn't going to give the kid any confidence. Call it almost the same way you would if Warner was playing...attack with the team strength, pass to set up the run!!!

Lorenzo

Reaction score
How rare is that?

How about Peyton Manning, Eli, John Elway, Aikman among others? Didn't Johnny Unitas get cut by the Steelers? Playing time is generally the golden rule.

Confidence is a big time factor & thats why I say Wiz should call plays to not handcuff Leinart. Scaling back the playbook isn't going to give the kid any confidence. Call it almost the same way you would if Warner was playing...attack with the team strength, pass to set up the run!!!
david carr won his first nfl game too. look how he turned out.