Erickson Departure Rumors Surfacing

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
We knew they would happen at some point. Of course this is coming from UA boards so take it with a grain of salt...

"[SIZE=-1]This is a former devil player/HS all stater, season ticket holder/booster, and a current HS coach. He doesn't know if this is a sure thing by any stetch, but is in the know and is hearing the rumblings. He also said Lisa Love is well aware of the situation.

**And lest we ever forget, here is gameboy validating his opinions: "I have several friends that are local HS coaches. A couple of them you would recognize their names. My brother was an ALL-STATE safety in the state of Arizona back in the 70's and is a UofA football season ticket holder. In most cases, he agrees with my assessments."
[/SIZE]

"I have it on good authority that he has made their short list of replacements for Charlie Weis.

He comes with a great endorsement from Lou Holtz, and shows what a great job he can do given talent that he doesn't need to go raiding JC's for (which fits ND perfectly).

Rumor has it he is scheduled to meet with some ND boosters in Phoenix, to see if there is mutual interest.

Stay tuned, there is certianly more to this than just some internet rumor."

http://uasports.net/forums/show.aspx?id=182987&forumid=1

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'd never rely on an ASU website to get rumors about Arizona, I should hope ASU fans know better than going to an Arizona site to find out facts about ASU. Especially a website that was kicked off the Rivals network a few years back.

Dennis Erickson's contract ensures that only a handful of schools in the entire country could afford to buy him out of ASU. I wouldn't worry about it. Plus, Fat Charlie's not going anywhere despite him being exposed as a complete fraud this year. Their AD might not be so safe though. I believe Davie, O'Leary, Willingham, and now Weis have been under his watch. That's Livengood-esque.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'd never rely on an ASU website to get rumors about Arizona, I should hope ASU fans know better than going to an Arizona site to find out facts about ASU. Especially a website that was kicked off the Rivals network a few years back.
:thumbup:

Erickson at ND? That is a good one.

OP
OP
The Commish

The Commish

youknowhatimsayin?
Reaction score
Weis' contract runs through 2015 and owes him roughly $30 million more - I doubt they would just fire him after one terrible season inspite of his solid recruiting classes. Probably just Eu of Eh Pussycats fabricating rumors to deflect from their own problems.

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think the Weis buyout is much less than $30 million -- maybe 1/3rd of that -- but Erickson's buyout ain't cheap, either. Maybe $5 mil +. I'm told Love wrote a zero-loophole contract.

Besides, does anyone really believe given the current state of Notre Dame football that athletic director whose name we shall not mention has the political power to sell Dennis Erickson to the Notre Dame president who controls the coffers? The same president that watched Erickson's Oregon State team act like beer league hot dogs in the Fiesta Bowl annihilation of Notre Dame?

I would really not worry about Erickson leaving. By the time his buyout is even reasonable to the biggest schools, he'll be closer to 65 than 60. This is his last stop and I think he knows it.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Thats a ridiculous rumor, I'd be shocked if Weis was fired and Erickson certainly wouldn't replace him.

All logical reasoning points to Erickson having ASU be his last stop.

sly fly

Devil Me This
Reaction score
Nice rumor by UofA fan. Desperate ploy to scare recruits, and keep them from de-committing.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
I have inside knowledge from a highly regaurded source within the internet community that this rumor is ********.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard