End of Season - Where are you? Darksider or Lightsider?

Lightside or Darkside?

• Total voters

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Bethel made the pro bowl several years on ST's so yes, a gem. Plus he had the athletic ability to be a top notch CB but lacked the ability to locate the ball in the air. IIRC he was a 6th rd pick and played for the Cards for years. Bethel was a blast to watch as a gunner and made impactful plays every single game. Don't discount the value of ST's and some players make the roster simply because of their ST's play.

John Brown is no longer a Card because BA didn't understand his sickle cell disease and Brown took it personal and left via FA. Plus sickle cell symptoms worsen in heat and high altitude. That's bad luck and not a poor draft choice.

Keim's record obviously has some blemishes but I believe we have lived through his growing pains and don't want to start over with another GM learning on the job.

Who do you want to hire to replace Keim?
And your belief is based on what?
Rosen? Gone and Linley not NFl QB
Kirk? Looks like a 3rd wr
Cole? Can’t beat out Shipley
Edmonds? Backup rb who now gets a single carry per game
Campbell? Gone
Kunningham? Gone
Kyler? Good choice - didn’t mess up #1
Murray? Has ability looked terrible down the stretch
Isabella? Tremendous disappointment
Allen? Injured after 3 games, wasn’t impactful before injury
Butler? He’s zero so far
Deionta? Might have talent but nothing substantial so far
KeeSean? More preseason hype than anything thus far
Galliard? Did he see the field?
Dogbe? I suppose he could be deep depth
Wilson? Right . . . you’re correct to ask “who?”
Jalen? Might be a find

so if 17 swings bluto had the past two years - his most recent swings - it looks like 1 hit, a couple maybe average to good players (Kirk and Murray) and a whole bunch of question marks. And I’m not saying this to argue these were bad drafts. It’s still too early to know on most of these players. Rather I’m wondering which of these leads you to believe he’s getting better? It’s not like he had a bunch of studs or unexpected hits in these drafts. If anything there’s more disappointments.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And your belief is based on what?
Rosen? Gone and Linley not NFl QB
Kirk? Looks like a 3rd wr
Cole? Can’t beat out Shipley
Edmonds? Backup rb who now gets a single carry per game
Campbell? Gone
Kunningham? Gone
Kyler? Good choice - didn’t mess up #1
Murray? Has ability looked terrible down the stretch
Isabella? Tremendous disappointment
Allen? Injured after 3 games, wasn’t impactful before injury
Butler? He’s zero so far
Deionta? Might have talent but nothing substantial so far
KeeSean? More preseason hype than anything thus far
Galliard? Did he see the field?
Dogbe? I suppose he could be deep depth
Wilson? Right . . . you’re correct to ask “who?”
Jalen? Might be a find

so if 17 swings bluto had the past two years - his most recent swings - it looks like 1 hit, a couple maybe average to good players (Kirk and Murray) and a whole bunch of question marks. And I’m not saying this to argue these were bad drafts. It’s still too early to know on most of these players. Rather I’m wondering which of these leads you to believe he’s getting better? It’s not like he had a bunch of studs or unexpected hits in these drafts. If anything there’s more disappointments.

First of all #firebluto is pretty funny.

Rosen pick was applauded by most on this board but I get Keim gets paid and we don't.

Wasn't Kunningham traded to the Pats for …… I forget.

I think Kirk will be "Golden Tate" sooner than later.

Cole is getting playing time and Shipley is under valued on this board, up until recently by me as well.

Edmonds was getting a good deal of playing time and looking very good until he got hurt and then Drake (nice pick up Keim) explodes on the scene. KK still giving DJ a chance to fit in and become 2016 DJ limits Edwards chances after he comes back from injury.

Far too early to rate this draft.

I believe that Michael Bidwill has changed the culture on the team and has mostly made correct decisions so if he wants to ride with Keim for awhile longer then I just his judgement. I don't buy the thought that MB is buddies with SK so he won't fire him. MB had a reputation for being tough and a bit abrasive so I don't think he is some softie that can't fire a friend. He had no problem firing Whiz who took this team to it's only SB appearance or Wilkes after one season or if rumor is to be believed force BA into retirement.

pinetopred

Registered
Reaction score
Being competitive in almost every game this year was very encouraging, based off last season. We have a young QB to build around hopefully he makes improvements this offseason and starts building a bond with some of the young wrs. I like our young dbs they should get better with an offseason to work on some of their weaknesses. Chandler Jones that's all I have to say there. SK seems to do better than most with trades so IMO I'd like to see a trade for a proven player to maybe help fill a void on the roster, Stephon Diggs or maybe AJ Green maybe a nice piece even thou he may be past his prime and I'm not sure about his injury. There are always negatives im a Cardinal fan lol but I try to see the positive 1st.

OP
OP
Solar7

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
First of all #firebluto is pretty funny.

Rosen pick was applauded by most on this board but I get Keim gets paid and we don't.

Wasn't Kunningham traded to the Pats for …… I forget.

I think Kirk will be "Golden Tate" sooner than later.

Cole is getting playing time and Shipley is under valued on this board, up until recently by me as well.

Edmonds was getting a good deal of playing time and looking very good until he got hurt and then Drake (nice pick up Keim) explodes on the scene. KK still giving DJ a chance to fit in and become 2016 DJ limits Edwards chances after he comes back from injury.

Far too early to rate this draft.

I believe that Michael Bidwill has changed the culture on the team and has mostly made correct decisions so if he wants to ride with Keim for awhile longer then I just his judgement. I don't buy the thought that MB is buddies with SK so he won't fire him. MB had a reputation for being tough and a bit abrasive so I don't think he is some softie that can't fire a friend. He had no problem firing Whiz who took this team to it's only SB appearance or Wilkes after one season or if rumor is to be believed force BA into retirement.

Rosen was applauded but didn't play well enough and was immediately replaced. It doesn't matter if we liked it at the time, it was bad.

Cunningham was had for a 6th round pick. Still means nothing, especially given that we desperately needed a right tackle and found ourselves having to start a guy who was cut less than a week before his first game with us.

Kirk? Here's hoping, but... meh.

Cole isn't really getting playing time. He's a backup. He doesn't slot in as a starter anywhere on the line for the duration of his rookie deal, basically. Can't waste 3rd round picks on backups. He's also a man without a true position.

Edmonds is a pure backup. Again, just like Cole, can't build a strong cheap team when the front of your drafts are just backups.

It's not early at all to grade the draft - two years in, it has one starter, one we think needs to be replaced with another, better player. That's a poor draft.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Franchise is trending up but there is plenty of work to do on both lines and fortifying the coaching staff.

"This is a critical off-season to determine if the team moves forward or stagnates."
`Captain Obvious

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard