Elmer

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
Every pitcher has an occasional bad outing... Let's hope this is the case... and not a developing pattern

Smolder

Veteran
Reaction score
wasat? sounded like a "phudd." sounded like 5, actually. kidding. eheheheheh. just a bad day. please. :thumbup:

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Originally posted by moviegeekjn
Stan Musial page
Thanks for linking the Stan Musial page, moviegeekjn!

Although I was a Dodger fan as a young kid, being lefty and loving to play 1B (but sometimes being stuck in the outfield), my all-time favorite ballplayer was Stan the Man.

Although a line drive hitter, with all those batting titles, the year he stretched to 39 HR was quite an accomplishment. In those days, of course, 39 homers put you up near the leaders.

AZCB34

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Originally posted by moviegeekjn
Every pitcher has an occasional bad outing... Let's hope this is the case... and not a developing pattern

Dessens isn't as good as the 0.00 ERA stuff he had going but he isn't as bad as the 5 HR stuff either. The real Dessens lies somewhere in between. Just a tough outing. I am more concerned with Patterson's struggles. He was being leaned on to step up and be a starter and it appears as though he will start the year in AAA.

moviegeekjn

Registered
Reaction score
Originally posted by BC867
Although a line drive hitter, with all those batting titles, the year he stretched to 39 HR was quite an accomplishment. In those days, of course, 39 homers put you up near the leaders.
Definitely. Home runs are about the only batting category that Stan never led the league in, but that year he came close.

I first began watching baseball when Stan was in his last half dozen years and remember watching his every move when we attended a Cardinals game--a family tradition to make an annual trip to St. Louis for one ball game at old Sportsman's Park.

AZZenny

Reaction score
I am more concerned with Patterson's struggles. He was being leaned on to step up and be a starter and it appears as though he will start the year in AAA.

Looks like today's outing was more like a #4 starter. I'm not too worried about JPatt. As long as we don't expect the second coming of RH or Schill, and keep in mind he (and BK, as well) will have some big-league-pitcher maturing to do on our dime, I think he'll be a good addition to the rotation.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Monti Ossentfort