Eleven types of obnoxious basketball fans on the Internet

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
12. The Balancing Act. This fan takes great measures to pull against the sway of the Homer and the Pessimist. At times he will look like one or the other -- sometimes to the extreme, depending on the extremes taken by the Homer and the Pessimist. This poster believes the truth is always in the middle, but rarely lives there because he exists in a universe where patience and clear thinking is an extinct resource.

That's me.
:D

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
12. The Balancing Act. This fan takes great measures to pull against the sway of the Homer and the Pessimist. At times he will look like one or the other -- sometimes to the extreme, depending on the extremes taken by the Homer and the Pessimist. This poster believes the truth is always in the middle, but rarely lives there because he exists in a universe where patience and clear thinking is an extinct resource.

That's me.
:D

You can't create a new category by simply combining 2 or 3 of the others.

Bufalay

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Homer. This is sports not real life. No need to be objective.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I would say Cheese and Ouchie are definitely pessimists, Divete di Impera, slinslin, and mojo are most definitely player haters (Nash), Chaplin is an absolute homer, and there are literally TONS of statistical manipulators and conspiracy theorists.

i saw this coming a mile away. i'll take it, b/c i think that's what comes outta us most often. what most of you don't realize is that cheese and i are generally RESPONDING to other's posts. rarely do we start a purely pessimistic post. and i think i tend to sound pessimistic b/c i'm usually responding to an overly optimistic or unrealistic post, and it's my nature to seek balance, which means taking the other extreme (against an extremist) in an argument.

i never really yell the sky is falling, and i think i've always at least got somewhat rational arguments for my thinking. oh, and i root for a team owned by robert sarver, so how should i not be a pessimist!!!!

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Hmmm, let's see smart guy:

Overrates the team? Nope. Underrates every other team? Nope, again. I'm the only one on here that consistently berates people for ridiculous trades when not thinking about the other team. Every draft pick is a future All-Star. BIG NOPE on that one. Quote one single post where I said that about any Suns draft pick. Ever.

I admit I'm much more of an optimist than many people here, but even if you call me a Homer, I definitely don't fit in the above definition. Unlike many people here I actually LIKE the Suns. There are plenty of fans of this team that follow them but don't really like the team.

lol. chap you defend everything the suns do until it's proven without a shadow of a doubt to be a bad move. you're a homer buddy. if i can begrudgingly accept the pessimist role, you've GOT to accept the homer role.

and really, i don't think this is one of those games where you get to decide which category YOU fit in. rather, i think this is one of those games where the weight of the board gets to peg you for what you are . . .

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You'd be surprised how many of us are convinced we fall into the "balancing act/voice of reason" category you've described above. Also, isn't your statement "the truth is always in the middle" just another example of extremism. Who knew you were such a radical?:)

Steve

boisesuns

Standing Tall And Traded
Reaction score
I guess there would also be the closley related cousin of the conspiracy theorist: The "Superstition Overload" The Superstition Overload thinks he or she is directly responsible for the results on the court. They site their past times of watching/not watching the suns and how the team faired as a result. They readily admit they deserve the credit when the suns win, and easily upset some of the other posters when they announce that they are "Going to the next game" (See Cheese and Ouchie.)

:)

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I guess there would also be the closley related cousin of the conspiracy theorist: The "Superstition Overload" The Superstition Overload thinks he or she is directly responsible for the results on the court. They site their past times of watching/not watching the suns and how the team faired as a result. They readily admit they deserve the credit when the suns win, and easily upset some of the other posters when they announce that they are "Going to the next game" (See Cheese and Ouchie.)

:)

DAMNIT!

cly2tw

Reaction score
I love Nash, but true Nash-Stans call me Nash-hater for wanting him dribble less for the sake of better team success. ;)

Irish

Registered
Reaction score
I'm sure if Nash didn't drible so much the Suns would have the best offense in the NBA. Oh wait, they already do. :lmao:

Seriously, the problem is that the team is used to Nash making impossible passes from odd positions on the court. It is all but impossible to play "denial" defense when you don't know where the ball is coming from. That
is why the "grab Nash" defense is prefered since the refs have a rule that no foulds will be called when Nash has the ball. :bang:

Personally,k I'd like to see more of a motion offense deep in the 24, but so far that has not been the norm.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard