Ed Oliver

Cardinal

All Star
Reaction score
This is my ultimate #1 scenario. I think he's the best player in the draft. If we can't trade down, then just pick him at #1. He's probably going to shoot back up in mock drafts after his pro day next week. People are comparing Q Williams to Aaron Donald but Ed Oliver is the guy who more closely resembles him based on his size, strength, and quickness. Q Will's physique isn't anywhere near Donald or Oliver.

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Great point.

Dude is a beast!

I would imagine people are concerned about him in a 3-4 just like they are about Q (but Q has about 20 pounds on him).

I am rooting for him to dominate in the NFL.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I don't think there has been a top ten player that I have been so confused about. I have given up and admit I have no clue what he is... Funny thing is Rashan Gary might be 2nd most confusing that I can remember.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have no idea why his name has sort of disappeared from most discussions. The guy is a monster.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
I have no idea why his name has sort of disappeared from most discussions. The guy is a monster.
Quinnan Williams has taken his hype

I saw one mock that had Oliver lasting to 13 or something. It sounds preposterous now, but every year something like that happens

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
This is my ultimate #1 scenario. I think he's the best player in the draft. If we can't trade down, then just pick him at #1. He's probably going to shoot back up in mock drafts after his pro day next week. People are comparing Q Williams to Aaron Donald but Ed Oliver is the guy who more closely resembles him based on his size, strength, and quickness. Q Will's physique isn't anywhere near Donald or Oliver.

But Williams has shown a desire in his one year of dominance that Oliver has not yet put together, but he does have freak possibilities and actually would be fine with Oliver as a selection :)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I love Oliver, but the thing about Oliver is that he isn’t near as polished as Donald was coming out. I think he’s gonna be great but he’ll have to learn better hand usage cause he’s not gonna out-athlete NFL’s OL.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
I don't think there has been a top ten player that I have been so confused about. I have given up and admit I have no clue what he is... Funny thing is Rashan Gary might be 2nd most confusing that I can remember.

I like Gary more than most. Some of his plays are amazing, and you see why he was so highly rated coming out of high school.

I'd love to see Gary as a 3-4 end, because he is that classic tweeter that doesn't quite fit in a 4-3.

He's a monster against the run, but hasn't been productive enough as a pass rusher.

Timm Rosenbach

Bye Bye DJ
Reaction score
Trading down, keeping Rosen as our QB and drafting a player like Oliver would be a solid decision.

I could live with this over not drafting Bosa. After last season’s fiasco, I believe that we should go for the sure thing, but if we are going to trade down and draft Oliver at 10 or lower, that would be the second smartest move

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I like Gary more than most. Some of his plays are amazing, and you see why he was so highly rated coming out of high school.

I'd love to see Gary as a 3-4 end, because he is that classic tweeter that doesn't quite fit in a 4-3.

He's a monster against the run, but hasn't been productive enough as a pass rusher.

Totally agree. I think that is his best fit as well. I don't think he has the bend to be an edge rusher, so surprised that is what he is often labeled as.

Ohcrap75

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Kind of funny that so many have complained about Keim drafting players that were tweeners or don't have a defined position. Now let's take this raw player and his athletic ability will allow him to dominate. He is a rare athlete that is very unpolished. He's Josh Allen from last year or DK Metcalf. So much is based off of development. Opposite of Bosa basically

OP
OP
kerouac9

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Kind of funny that so many have complained about Keim drafting players that were tweeners or don't have a defined position. Now let's take this raw player and his athletic ability will allow him to dominate. He is a rare athlete that is very unpolished. He's Josh Allen from last year or DK Metcalf. So much is based off of development. Opposite of Bosa basically

Read the article linked at the top. This guy was forced to play the nose to help his team. He's actually a very polished player who was working out of position and still dominating.

Veer

All Star
Reaction score
Ed Oliver with the #13 pick we get from Miami for Rosen would be great value.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Loved Ed Oliver last season. At the beginning of the college season, he was considered the best prospect entering the 2019 draft. Now, he’s largely forgotten because of Bosa, Allen, Q Williams, and the Murray mishigas.

His agent needs to do a better job of getting his name back in the discussion as one of the top players. Dude is a beast and would be a great 3-4 DE

BW52

Registered
Reaction score
So how is Ed Oliver going to handle NFL linemen with his short (31and 3/4 inch ) arms? His arms on only barely 2 inches longer than Murray? Someone mentioned Bosa as having short arms (Krang) but Bosa `s arms are longer than Oliver .

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard