Eagles at Cardinals gameday thread 10-9-22

Zalixar

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
And he won’t deserve it either…
No? The cap is going to go way up soon, qb deals go up every year. Even mediocre qbs can surpass better qbs just because that's the market. He is certainly a top 20 QB and has another year+ to prove he's top 10/15.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

More upset about the miss to Ertz. That would have put us position to win and not rely on the kicker. Im more upset we're not better situationally. Kicker sucks, but we shouldnt have to depend on him in that situation.

They have to have more respect for the game instead of continually having these double digit deficits. No comeback, no heroics. Game is too hard to rely on that.

So that explains why the coaches weren't yelling at him not to spike it they didn't know either.

Perfect

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hurts won't get $240 mil. Unless, of course, he wins the SB. Then, maybe.
Or if MB fires Keim and Philly makes him their next GM. :lol:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

More upset about the miss to Ertz. That would have put us position to win and not rely on the kicker. Im more upset we're not better situationally. Kicker sucks, but we shouldnt have to depend on him in that situation.

They have to have more respect for the game instead of continually having these double digit deficits. No comeback, no heroics. Game is too hard to rely on that.

Also the miss to Ertz I replayed it Kyler throws off his backfoot for no reason, no real pressure he just didn't step into the throw and it sailed on him

OP
OP
BullheadCardFan

BullheadCardFan

Go for it
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also the miss to Ertz I replayed it Kyler throws off his backfoot for no reason, no real pressure he just didn't step into the throw and it sailed on him
Another weak play

He has developed a bad habit by not stepping into his throws

He relies on going backwards to throw making it more difficult

pemory09

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Another Eagles beat writer:

Live updates​

7:21 EDT
“Kyler Murray slid too early on 2nd down, spiked the ball a yard short on 3rd down, then Matt Ammendola missed a 43-yard FG to the right. Just an incredible turn of events for the Eagles, who the Cardinals had on the ropes and a potential win at their fingertips.”

7:19 EDT
“The Eagles go to 5-0 thanks to that Kyler Murray error. He slid early on 2nd down, spiked the ball on third down that forced Matt Ammendola to kick a 43-yard FG -- which he missed to the right.

An incredible turn of events.”

7:16 EDT
“What was Kyler Murray doing!

Now the Cardinals have to kick that FG!”

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Waste-yes! Collins had a disappointing day.

I actually thought overall both he and Simmons had good games it's the first time I can recall not thinking they both sucked in the same game. Simmons had 13 tackles, Collins 6. They had some mistakes of course but they at least looked like NFL LB's today.

The backbreaker play today was that 3rd and long play to Goedert, I still think the RT moved early but it was the same thing Vance's defense results in Gardeck trying to cover Goedert. The defense overall did very well but stuff like that kills us, such a terrible matchup you know Goedert will get open and he did.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Another Eagles beat writer:

Live updates​

7:21 EDT
“Kyler Murray slid too early on 2nd down, spiked the ball a yard short on 3rd down, then Matt Ammendola missed a 43-yard FG to the right. Just an incredible turn of events for the Eagles, who the Cardinals had on the ropes and a potential win at their fingertips.”

7:19 EDT
“The Eagles go to 5-0 thanks to that Kyler Murray error. He slid early on 2nd down, spiked the ball on third down that forced Matt Ammendola to kick a 43-yard FG -- which he missed to the right.

An incredible turn of events.”

7:16 EDT
“What was Kyler Murray doing!

Now the Cardinals have to kick that FG!”
Not really that incredible. Has he not seen the Cardinals play before?

FB94

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I actually thought overall both he and Simmons had good games it's the first time I can recall not thinking they both sucked in the same game. Simmons had 13 tackles, Collins 6. They had some mistakes of course but they at least looked like NFL LB's today.

The backbreaker play today was that 3rd and long play to Goedert, I still think the RT moved early but it was the same thing Vance's defense results in Gardeck trying to cover Goedert. The defense overall did very well but stuff like that kills us, such a terrible matchup you know Goedert will get open and he did.
Agree, was screaming to double the TE but in our infinite wisdom we put gardeck on him, inexcusable play call by VJ. At least it wasn’t Fotu dropping back in coverage

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Tough loss because I thought overall we played hard, and played pretty well.

If you guys want to crucify Murray, whatever. The slide and the spiked sucked, but he made a bunch of good plays too. How do you think we got all the way down to the 30 yard line in a 1:30 in the first place? But have at it, and I hope it makes you feel better. Your righteous anger. lol..

There are some good things to take away from this game, and I still have some hope for this season.

Cardsfaninlouky

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

If you guys want to crucify Murray, whatever. The slide and the spiked sucked, but he made a bunch of good plays too. How do you think we got all the way down to the 30 yard line in a 1:30 in the first place? But have at it, and I hope it makes you feel better. Your righteous anger. lol..

There are some good things to take away from this game, and I still have some hope for this season.
Me 2 brother, I took some things from the game today also, I'm disappointed but not furious. We're gonna beat the "Shehawks" Sunday. Go Cards.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dumb decision to slide on Kyler’s part. At the end of the day that led to the spike. Stupid.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again this defense surprisingly held our opponent to 20 pts. I will take that in every game going forward.
This offense continues to waste their first 15 plays through 1 1/2 quarters.
When is Kliff going to realize wr screens aren’t going to work until you first soften the defense up the middle a little?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Kyler les us to a whopping 17 points… while crapping the bed when we needed him most.

If you can’t even be critical of him in this game, you never will.

This was a moment when a TRANSCENDENT player makes at least the NORMAL plays. Instead he went heartless with the ball and then followed it up going brainless to boot.

You can’t play scared AND stupid. That’s what we saw at the end of the game. And it wasn’t the first time.

HairZach

Hall of Famer
Reaction score

Yeah this is the one loss of the season where I can say "good game" and not be super mad about it.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score

I saw the false start too.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Again this defense surprisingly held our opponent to 20 pts. I will take that in every game going forward.
This offense continues to waste their first 15 plays through 1 1/2 quarters.
When is Kliff going to realize wr screens aren’t going to work until you first soften the defense up the middle a little?

I'd love to see Kyler's stats first 15 plays vs rest of game, QBR, YPA etc. Not saying it's all Kliffs' fault but when we can all call screen or reverse to Rondale from formation or motion you can be sure the defense can too.

It seems like either it takes 15-20 plays for Kliff to figure it out, or we have to get his plays out of the way and then Kyler just starts to play. He still crapped the bed the bad throw to Ertz, the slide and spike etc, but the Kyler after the first 15 plays was MUCH better. They pointed it out in the game we only had 3 drives in the 2nd half a 9 play 10 yard drive due to penalties and a sack, 12 plays 90 yards TD, 10 plays 50 yards missed FG. So 32 plays 159 yards in the 2nd half. THe last 2 drives of the first half 22 plays 148 yards a TD and a FG. So the last 5 drives we had 4 scoring drives, and moved the ball very well. It just takes us way too long to figure it out and get moving.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
I'd love to see Kyler's stats first 15 plays vs rest of game, QBR, YPA etc. Not saying it's all Kliffs' fault but when we can all call screen or reverse to Rondale from formation or motion you can be sure the defense can too.
Yes I've heard state media talk all about Kliff's late nights at the office crafting his scripted first 15 plays. In reality he's likely just searching and DM'ing Old Town instagram models. Whatever we are doing to start each game is an absolute joke.

Last edited:

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score

It seems like either it takes 15-20 plays for Kliff to figure it out, or we have to get his plays out of the way and then Kyler just starts to play. He still crapped the bed the bad throw to Ertz, the slide and spike etc, but the Kyler after the first 15 plays was MUCH better. They pointed it out in the game we only had 3 drives in the 2nd half a 9 play 10 yard drive due to penalties and a sack, 12 plays 90 yards TD, 10 plays 50 yards missed FG. So 32 plays 159 yards in the 2nd half. THe last 2 drives of the first half 22 plays 148 yards a TD and a FG. So the last 5 drives we had 4 scoring drives, and moved the ball very well. It just takes us way too long to figure it out and get moving.
As I watched the game I thought, “ Glad those first 15 plays are over”.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose