Drug Dealer Gets best seats at Kansas basketball

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am sure most programs have a main dealer.

Arizona certainly does.

OP
OP
O

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Most likely. But I doubt UA's dealer:

1. Has direct connections to boosters and the coaching staff (as is alledged at KU)
2. Is stupid enugh to get caught and have it covered on ESPN

Gaddabout

Plucky Comic Relief
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Most likely. But I doubt UA's dealer:

1. Has direct connections to boosters and the coaching staff (as is alledged at KU)
2. Is stupid enugh to get caught and have it covered on ESPN

May other programs don't feel so untouchable that they make an attempt to hide them.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I kind of have the same take I did on the UCLA story in SI, the Nelson stuff was apalling but in general if they looked for months and only found drinking and pot and ecstacy use among players I'm actually pretty happy, I was much more worried about NCAA penalties, covered up positive tests or academic fraud since those are the things that indicate a program out of control and a need for a coaching change etc.

It is not good certainly, but Kansas is far from alone in having players who smoke pot and I guarantee you other programs have dealers sitting in the crowd too.

If they find any evidence of a larger connection like say gambling that would be huge news, and that is of course why schools worry so much about this stuff it's not the drug use it's the player getting in a position where they somehow owe something to a dealer who might have ties to gambling.

So far there's been nothing to suggest that was going on at Kansas.

OP
OP
O

ozzfloyd

The Carp
Reaction score
Oh I'm not saying this is a huge deal or anything. You just never want your program put under a microscope, there are always skeletons that get unearthed...

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh I'm not saying this is a huge deal or anything. You just never want your program put under a microscope, there are always skeletons that get unearthed...

Yep, that's why I considered the SI article on UCLA relatively harmless. It made Nelson look like a complate *******, it made it less likely Drew Gordon would get drafted, and it made Howland look like he did a poor job handling those bad apples. but given how long dorhmann said he looked,and how many people he talked to, not coming up with any violations or uhoh that's lack of control moments was pretty "good" for UCLA.

If someone looked into Kansas for a few months and only uncovered the drugs and the dealer angle that may be similarly "good" for them. The ticket scandal thing seemed worse to me because there were some implied connections since the guy who leaked that story sold his house to Bill Self. But nothing has come out of that since so it appears there wasn't as much to that story as it looked like there might be.

Even with the Turner stuff the rumors of what MIGHT have been going on were worse than what we so far think was going on. And it's not like a UCLA or KU fan had anything to gloat about there since both school REALLY wanted Turner themselves, and now both schools have been revealed to have had drug use amongst players too.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson