Draft: Top 20 for pick 22

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People put way to much on the combine. Watch the game film, the level of competition, injuries and background.

They do. But also the combine isn't nothing. It's definitely not nothing when you don't properly train for it and show up overweight and out of shape.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They do. But also the combine isn't nothing. It's definitely not nothing when you don't properly train for it and show up overweight and out of shape.
I agree. But because a player runs .10 faster in shorts or bench presses 5 more reps is not a reason. Showing up out of shape does raise a red flag but is it enough to totally disregard a player if he’s been outstanding for 2or 3 years in a quality program. Tough decision.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree. But because a player runs .10 faster in shorts or bench presses 5 more reps is not a reason. Showing up out of shape does raise a red flag but is it enough to totally disregard a player if he’s been outstanding for 2or 3 years in a quality program. Tough decision.

Oh yeah I absolutely agree 100%. Tape over combine all the way. The combine plays a part, especially if there is something extreme there in the testing.

But if true, not practicing and getting out of shape for the combine is a big red flag. That's top of the "Do not do this" list for all prospects.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
G-PA