Doom 3

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
Anyone pick the game up yet? I have it but I have only spent an hour or so playing. Don't have all the fancy video options turned on or anything, plays at "medium detail" very well on my computer. It was a 2.4ghz p4, 512 megs of DDR400 ram. and an nVidia Fx 5600 ultra. I just put in another stick of 512 mb ram, so now I have a full gig. Haven't played again yet.

Just wondering if anyone else had picked it up and what your thoughts on the game was. I have played most of the first part of arriving at the base on Mars. Couple good parts that made me cringe. But the worst was my wife sneaking up behind me in the dark room and yelling. Scared the crap out of me!

Phlegyas

Just win, baby
Reaction score
I haven't gotten it yet, but it looks really good. I remember this one guy said that he had to stop playing because he began to get sick. Apparently, he was so nervous about what would happen next, that his stomach got queasy. And some other people that I know also had to stop playing it for a while because it was that scary. :D

Dan H

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Phlegyas said:
I haven't gotten it yet, but it looks really good. I remember this one guy said that he had to stop playing because he began to get sick. Apparently, he was so nervous about what would happen next, that his stomach got queasy. And some other people that I know also had to stop playing it for a while because it was that scary. :D

That is EXACTLY what happened to me. I honestly couldn't play it at night because it was so creepy.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
It's good but only for a few hours really.

It starts to get boring later because basically you enter room after room and you know something is scripted in every room almost.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doom 2016

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Last edited by a moderator:

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Can't wait for this. They had an Alpha a while back, but whenever I tried to connect to it, it wouldn't let me. Then it ended. Oh well. Still can't wait.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can't wait for this. They had an Alpha a while back, but whenever I tried to connect to it, it wouldn't let me. Then it ended. Oh well. Still can't wait.

Looks so great. It really demonstrates well how far we've come in gaming in the last 10-15 years.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"I seen Tupac at Coachella." :D

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Multiplayer!

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Honestly...Doom 3 was epic. One of the scariest games I ever played. I remember my wife was prego at the time and she made me wear headphones because the sounds of the game gave her nightmares. LOL.

This game? I mean the graphics look good and some of the classic characters re-imagined looked cool. However, the game play looks like a clone of so many shooters now. I really preferred the game play of Doom 3.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn