Does Tyson chandler have any trade value?

sundevil04

AZ Cardinals Mortgage Guy
Reaction score
Averaging 7.4 points & 13.3 boards, I would have to think there's a playoff team out there that would like to add a big man. If I'm the Suns I'd start shopping him soon for a draft pick and to free up the remaining $35M we owe him

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
oh yeah. He has trade value. Not that I want to trade him.

hcsilla

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
oh yeah. He has trade value.

Yes, he has. Question is only is it negative or positive. Especially that after 7 games he boosted his rebounding numbers which doesn't seem that hard if you are playing next to Jared Dudley in the front-court.

So, lets's get back to Chandler's value after another 20 games.

Errntknght

Reaction score
I'm not in a hurry to shed Chandler even though I keep talking about diminishing his role. Right now Len is actually doing better than expected while playing in his shadow so I think we should prolong that state of affairs a while longer. A number of us were on the verge, or past it, of giving up on Len ever progressing to starter caliber. IMO he's doing well enough to keep hope alive. 'Ere long, Tyson will miss some games and we will get a look at Len as the starter. (We should also get another look at Alan Williams, who I think will be a solid backup if not more. I wish Watson would fine some spots for him to play, but I know his plate is pretty full already so I'm not faulting him big time - yet!)

StreetTruckinTitan

You talkin' to me?
Reaction score
I'm not in a hurry to shed Chandler even though I keep talking about diminishing his role. Right now Len is actually doing better than expected while playing in his shadow so I think we should prolong that state of affairs a while longer. A number of us were on the verge, or past it, of giving up on Len ever progressing to starter caliber. IMO he's doing well enough to keep hope alive. 'Ere long, Tyson will miss some games and we will get a look at Len as the starter. (We should also get another look at Alan Williams, who I think will be a solid backup if not more. I wish Watson would fine some spots for him to play, but I know his plate is pretty full already so I'm not faulting him big time - yet!)

I agree on getting Williams some time every game. We all know what lenny gives us, not much, so I want to see as much of Williams this season as possible. We need to know who to keep when we let lenny go next year.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Id love to keep him he brings a lot to the table as far as a veteran leadership presents but if he wants to chase a ring I won't hold it against him.

Carolinacacti

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The Suns are trying to improve their image. Trading chandler would do the opposite. Us Sun fans have to except this year as it is. Building year

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yes, he's actually played really well and with the crazy ass contracts given out, he is one somewhat of a bargain. And no, I absolutely do not want to trade him right now. I think its good to have a stabilizing, unselfish presence in there. Maybe trade him in February but I wouldn't move him now. Len out there for 30 minutes playing like a chicken with his head cut off for at least half of that time hurts everyone around him. I know winning isn't the top priority but I also don't think the team should be actively trying to lose, dumping Chandler is a move that will make us much much worse.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
The Suns are trying to improve their image. Trading chandler would do the opposite. Us Sun fans have to except this year as it is. Building year
I think it would only hurt their image if Chandler made a public plea to stay with te team. If the Suns are so far out of it at the deadline, trading Chandler to a contender may actually boost the Suns image. Everyone knows he's not going to be around when this team begins to reap what they are sowing now.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I know winning isn't the top priority but I also don't think the team should be actively trying to lose, dumping Chandler is a move that will make us much much worse.
Especially, as has been mentioned, with Dudley as our starting Power Forward (he is not filling the role at all). And with closing games (hell, playing games) with four wings and Chandler on the court. Removing Chandler leaves the Suns with an extremely weak team, especially considering Len's history of inconsistency.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Chandler is earning his contract...

Both the Suns and Knight have to know he has no future here. Hard to blame him for being "checked out" at this point. He still has value even though they won't get near what they gave up for him (maybe a mid-1st)...

PJ is done after this year.

Next year going forward -

Guards: Bledsoe, Booker, Ulis, Barbosa

Forwards: Warren, Chriss, Bender, Dudley

Center: Chandler, (Bolden/Adebajo?), Williams

Or maybe McD includes more guys in a bigger deal...

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
Yeah, Chandler would fit in really well with the right team. Could you imagine if GSW had Chandler instead of Pachulia? That said, I'm with a lot of you in that his veteran presence and leadership would be hard to lose.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
He's 3rd in the NBA in rebounding so I think so.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Chandler has alot of value because he is not disruptive to a team's offense but will rebound and defend. He would be great for GSW or the Cavs.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
I would like to see Chandler and Chriss starting.

Dudley, Barbosa, Knight, Len and Tucker are bitter disappointments.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I would like to see Chandler and Chriss starting.

Dudley, Barbosa, Knight, Len and Tucker are bitter disappointments.
If you are disappointed with Dudley, I do not know what you were expecting. He is what he is. Same with Barbosa.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
If you are disappointed with Dudley, I do not know what you were expecting. He is what he is. Same with Barbosa.
Yeah, Len is my only true disappointment in this young season. I had no playing expectations for Barbosa. Dudley is doing exactly what I, and I'm sure the team, expected of him. Knight is just proving the low end of my low expectations.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah, Len is my only true disappointment in this young season. I had no playing expectations for Barbosa. Dudley is doing exactly what I, and I'm sure the team, expected of him. Knight is just proving the low end of my low expectations.
Len is making some gradual improvements that I had hoped. His rebounding seems to be improving. But his offensive efficiency HAS to improve for him to have any kind of career in this league. He does not have to score a lot, he just cannot miss a lot.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Dudley. He actually plays within his role and passes the ball when he needs to and takes the shot when he needs to. Does he get overpowered on defense or on the boards? Sure but I expected that because he was originally a natural SF.

LB sometimes does that same thing he used to do in his prime where he just puts his head down and gets tunnel vision and tries to score for himself. Unfortunately he doesn't have the speed or quickness from his prime for that to work very well.

If GSW's bench continues to struggle and they somehow have a cap space, I can see LB maybe being traded back there. He looked better there.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
He's 3rd in the NBA in rebounding so I think so.
Tyson Chandler was the difference maker in bringing the Mavs their only championship. But he is a lot older now.

Still, I think he fills a needed role at Center as well as a positive influence on a young team and would not want to see him go until the rest of the team has developed their skills and chemistry.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The only trade I'd be in favor of before February would be one moving Knight out and I doubt that happens. Chandler should only be traded if he asks to be traded. He knew it was a young team that wouldn't compete this year and he didn't make any demands in the offseason and has embraced a leadership role. If he wants out, that's one thing, but to think about moving him less than 10 games into the season is ridiculous.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave