Dobbs to the Vikings

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing for the Vikings, Dobbs finished the game 20-for-30 with 158 passing yards and two touchdown passes. He had 66 rushing yards and a touchdown on the ground as well. He accounted for 3 TD's. and won the game. Maybe if the Cardinals had a RB and some WR's, he could have won here also.

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
We gave Josh Dobbs away for nothing and he won an NFL game with 4 days prep as a backup.
We traded to get him for a 5th rounder and it was acted as though we gave away the #1 pick but we trade him for a 6th rounder and we gave him away for nothing? A 1 round difference on a day 3 pick makes that much of a difference?

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
We traded to get him for a 5th rounder and it was acted as though we gave away the #1 pick but we trade him for a 6th rounder and we gave him away for nothing? A 1 round difference on a day 3 pick makes that much of a difference?
With a 7th? A seventh that could turn into a HIGHER sixth?

I’d rather have Dobbs. I’d argue that we added value to Dobbs over the previous eight games but we got less value for him.

Monti continues to make galaxy-brained trades.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We traded to get him for a 5th rounder and it was acted as though we gave away the #1 pick

No. Sorry. The above isn’t just hyperbole, it’s a total fabrication about why people were mad about the move at the time. The anger came from the fact that this team HAD to give up assets for a guy they should have just signed outright in FA but were too cheap too AND we should have never depended on Colt McCoy’s completely washed ass in the first place, necessitating the Dobbs trade.

posts that not only oversimplify others arguments but completely misrepresent what the original pov was does nothing but try and stoke flame wars.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score

I’d rather have Dobbs. I’d argue that we added value to Dobbs over the previous eight games but we got less value for him.

Monti continues to make galaxy-brained trades.

This is the first time I'm going to complain about MO.

Trading Dobbs away, when he at least looked like a legit NFL back up, seems pretty dumb this morning.

What was accomplished by throwing poor Clayton Tune to the wolves yesterday when Astro could have at least used his legs to try to keep the CLE pass rush honest?

And now if Murray gets hurt, we get to watch Tune airmail balls to the other team for four games or whatever? Bad trade.

gmabel830

It's football season!!
Reaction score
This is what I first thought too, but the conditions on that pick are that we get it back if Dobbs starts half the remaining games, not that it turns into a higher pick if he doesn't. Either way, the original point you were making is still valid that we didn't get full return on investment for him in terms of draft compensation.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is what I first thought too, but the conditions on that pick are that we get it back if Dobbs starts half the remaining games, not that it turns into a higher pick if he doesn't. Either way, the original point you were making is still valid that we didn't get full return on investment for him in terms of draft compensation.
We got him before the season. We traded him at the trade deadline after he had already played half the season.

Given that this was just a seven week rental not sure why people would expect the same return

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
This is the first time I'm going to complain about MO.

Trading Dobbs away, when he at least looked like a legit NFL back up, seems pretty dumb this morning.

What was accomplished by throwing poor Clayton Tune to the wolves yesterday when Astro could have at least used his legs to try to keep the CLE pass rush honest?

And now if Murray gets hurt, we get to watch Tune airmail balls to the other team for four games or whatever? Bad trade.
Did you read this Board? Monti might have sent him to MN in order to save his life from some of the people who post here. One response that I almost remember, "I'll give MN a 5th round pick to take him".

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We got him before the season. We traded him at the trade deadline after he had already played half the season.

Given that this was just a seven week rental not sure why people would expect the same return
Well, the idea was Kyler was coming back midseason so when we traded for Dobbs he was basically viewed as a 7-8 game rental when we traded for him. Only difference now is a playoff team was desperate for a QB to try and make the playoffs which should have meant his value was higher now than it was for a team just trying to not embarass themsevles until they got their QB back.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Did you read this Board? Monti might have sent him to MN in order to save his life from some of the people who post here. One response that I almost remember, "I'll give MN a 5th round pick to take him".

Oh I know my friend.

Wisdom is one of the few good things about accumulating a lot of years. Agree? :)

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn