Do you own a Xbox 360?

Do you have a Xbox 360

• Total voters

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ok -think I'm getting this now... If I understand it correctly, it seems that if I choose to go the HDMI route, I don't need to connect the component cables to my Denon??
Connecting anything directly to my TV will be a serious pain the arse as it's in a niche and is almost impossible to get behind it... I'd have to take it down from the niche (a job for two guys), make the connection and put it back up in the nice - I really don't want to go through that....
Given my current configuration, what am I missing out on if I don't go the HDMI route?

That would be correct, no component cables to the Denon.

The ability to upconvert DVD's to 1080p or HDDVD's to 1080p. Minimal video quality improvement using HDMI vs. component.

thats about it.

Given your current setup, I wouldn't change how your connections.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
That would be correct, no component cables to the Denon.

The ability to upconvert DVD's to 1080p or HDDVD's to 1080p. Minimal video quality improvement using HDMI vs. component.

thats about it.

Given your current setup, I wouldn't change how your connections.

Got it! Thanks again buddy!

:thumbup:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless you are really good at first person shooters out of the box I would do the campaign first before online playing. It is brutal online!!!

I am better than average out of the box. I do plan on playing the campaign though. I haven't played console FPS since CoD2. Cod3 and Lost Planet were terrible, and I have only played GoW for a couple of hours.

Darth Llama

Rise Up Red Sea!
Reaction score
I'm gonna buy one in the next few weeks. I just got a nice new LCD for the living room, and I want to play some games on it.

Plus since everyone in the world owns one, my friends and family are all on XBox Live and they're bugging me to play. :D

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Walmart down the street from my house got a shipment in of Rock Band on New Years Eve. They were gone halfway through the day.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
360 owners: Undertow is available on Live Arcade for free right now due to Live being down a couple weeks ago. Both Silver and Gold members can download it.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the heads up.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
360 owners: Undertow is available on Live Arcade for free right now due to Live being down a couple weeks ago. Both Silver and Gold members can download it.

It's only available until Sunday so don't wait.

Nick C

Amazing
Reaction score
I downloaded undertow and I will probably delete it. I think I would have rather had Uno for free or Boogie Bunnies.

Last edited by a moderator:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I downloaded undertow and I will probably delete it. I think I would have rather had Uno for free or Boogie Bunnies.

I wish they would have just added points to my account! Yep. More COD maps, or Rock Band songs would have been the right way to go. Considering calling and complaining.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wish they would have just added points to my account! ... Considering calling and complaining.

I have read some people were getting MS points by calling XBL and saying they had already bought the Undertow game before the promotion.

I kind of like the game, though.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have read some people were getting MS points by calling XBL and saying they had already bought the Undertow game before the promotion.

I kind of like the game, though.

Doesn't work for me, if I hadn't bought it yet.... :)