Do you let your girlfriends/Wife watch Cardinals games with you??

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
TigToad said:
When I met my wife 9 years ago, I wasn't much of a football fan. I kinda followed the Cards and the Bears, but not really. She is a rabid football fan and taught me the joy of football.

Our only real problems come in when the Bears and Cards play at the same time.
A short history of our marriage only Brighteyes grew up in DC and eventually converted to the Cards :)

Wife = Brighteyes, he he, I don't feel your pain :p

Last edited:

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Each week I offer the invitation. Each week the Dr./Missus respecfully declines.

This also applies to baseball Cardinal games, Devils hockey games, Nets basketball games and Hopkins Lacrosse games.

The only exception being if it's a huge spectacle - like the Super Bow, Game 7 of the World Series or (like last Saturday) when "Mr. Smarty Pants" lost the Belmont Stakes & Triple Crown shot.

Note - But my 2 cats (Echo and Braveheart) watch avidly. Braveheart (who is black & silver) naturally prefers Raider games.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
My wife doesnt watch the game with me. She is to busy making my food and messaging my feet. :D

AzCards21

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
JeffGollin said:
Each week I offer the invitation. Each week the Dr./Missus respecfully declines.

That's our system too. She doesn't really want to go but if I ask it makes her feel better. She went with me once and decided that was enough.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
AzCards21 said:
She doesn't really want to go but if I ask it makes her feel better. She went with me once and decided that was enough.
The football game or the bedroom :shock:

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
maddogkf said:
How does one message a foot? :shrug:

...or do you mean massage? 'cuz if that's the case - nice! :thumbup:

Either way I'm dreamin.

nooch

Veteran
Reaction score
AzWins23 said:
I sure don't. I look at it this way. It's one day with out of the week, and its the time where you spend with your guy friends. I wouldnt be able to watch a Cardinals game with my girlfriend cause she would dump me cause the way i act :D Plus i couldnt watch a game and teach her about football at the same time....Do any of you guys agree with me?

My girlfriend is getting into football more and more. She is all about the Broncos because she is from Colorado.

We just yesterday agreed to get season tickets. I have a felling by seasons end she'll be a big fan. I just have to get her to like one player and she'll be hooked.

So do I want at the game with me Hell Yeah. Going to the hockey games with me in the past she's as loud and passionate as I am.
:fans:

OP
OP
AzWins23

AzWins23

Reaction score
See...My girlfriend makes fun of the Cardinals, So that's why she doesn't come over to watch the games with me... She is lucky that i'am still going out with her :D

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
converting

That conversion thing sounds cool... but I think I'd have a better chance getting her to move away from Catholicism than the Bears. :)

nidan said:
A short history of our marriage only Brighteyes grew up in DC and eventually converted to the Cards :)

Wife = Brighteyes, he he, I don't feel your pain :p

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I turned my wife onto baseball and she became Yankees fan. If I teach her football I am scared she would become a Cowboys fan.

okcardzona

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My wife loves to watch Cardinals football on directv. But what she really loves is watching the game on my T.V. in my Cardinal Den. The only time I let her watch the game in my room is if she will go pick up the hooters wings and carrot sticks with ranch dressing. If not she has to watch it up in the living room. When I go to live games she always goes with me.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
My wife goes to some of the games with me. She was at the Viks game for instance. But I don't think she has ever watched one.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Of course! And drink beer together too. She makes me lunch sometimes - rather have me home than at the bar, although I took her there on occasion too before we got a dish. I try and get my daughter to watch too but she has become a Pats fan.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score
My wife is a pretty big football fan herself, although for the Dolphins, not the Cards. Last year was our first with Sunday Ticket, so it was the first chance I've really had to watch games at home with her.

Let's just say that I prefer she not watch the games with me anymore, as she spends most of the time making fun of the Cards, and me for staying with them.

Go Cards!!!

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
Only when the Texans are not playing.

She has learned the game quick and I enjoy explaining the game to her as her interest grows.

The best was when she finally understood the whole 4 downs on offense thing. :D

Peace
:thumbup:

WisconsinCard

Herfin BIg Time
Reaction score
My whole family watches every sunday. My wife and 2 kids we all pile around the big screen in the basement. When we lived in Phx just my wife, son and I used to go to every game my daughter was only about 2 years old when we first bought season tix. Also just my son and I make an annual trek to at least 1 away game, this year its Miami. I already got our plane tix and hotel revervations still looking for tix to the game.

NFL_FAN

NFL_FAN
Reaction score
My wife hates all things football. Luckily, I am training my son (6) and daughter (5) to love the Cards and watch with me!! This should be a fun season.

SweetD

Next Up
Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
best thing I did was take my wife with me to a summer game. Now she will never go back. Which means Sundays are all mine. :)

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score

my current girl is NOT into sports - unless i'm there with her. We'll see if she goes back after her 1st Cards game w/ me :p

nidan

Oscar
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you can get your wives/etc to go to the Football for Women evening.

Brighteyes says it is a lot of fun with every understanding level from none to a lot.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
nidan said:
If you can get your wives/etc to go to the Football for Women evening.

Brighteyes says it is a lot of fun with every understanding level from none to a lot.

When is that Ian?

bigredjane

& amp; quot ;Car d s Crazy
Reaction score
I try to go-

earthsci said:
When is that Ian?
every year, it is lots of fun and some of the players are always there along with the coaches and a tour of the facilites. One of those is when Pat Tillman signed my jersey I was wearing. Now they have added fun activities on the practice field. Usually they have it in the fall. Also have food and drinks. :thumbup:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
:biglaugh: are you hinting something 40 :devil:

Naw, just joshing. Trying to handle two women at the same time is like having hand grenades in your pockets with the pins pulled. It's only a matter of time until they get ya. :D

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave