Do you let your girlfriends/Wife watch Cardinals games with you??

Discussion in 'Arizona Cardinals' started by AzWins23, Jun 8, 2004.

1. AzWins23

AzWins23 Registered User

I sure don't. I look at it this way. It's one day with out of the week, and its the time where you spend with your guy friends. I wouldnt be able to watch a Cardinals game with my girlfriend cause she would dump me cause the way i act :D Plus i couldnt watch a game and teach her about football at the same time....Do any of you guys agree with me?

2. EnglishCardinal

EnglishCardinal In a land far far away...

i would love to, if it meant i could ever see a game! though the odd time i have taken my wife to watch Sunderland (soccer) i aint been too bad - though she has no idea whats going on

3. mdamien13

mdamien13 Go Cardinals! Yay!!!

I find that none of the girls I date get as passionate about the game as I do, and they tend to frown on me jumping up and down and screaming at the top of my lungs. So no, I ususually have a "boys night out" for Cards games.

4. Toro

Toro Registered

My wife watches the away games on TV with me. She also goes to the games at SDS. She wants to feel my pain. The first football season after we started dating was rough. She was scared on how made I would get. The screaming and yelling at the TV has calmed over the years. I don't know if that is because I am now so used to the Cardinals losing or if my wife threatening to leave me calmed me down.

Overall, she is now a very big Cardinal fan. She cheers at the games more than 80% of the people there. And she too thought Jake sucked.

5. Ryanwb

Ryanwb Banned

My wife hates sports....period.

Although she did watch Randy Johnson's perfect game, that was the only baseball all year she watched with me. Then she got excited to watch the Triple Crown races....poor Smarty Jones :cry:

Football, I would have to tie her down and put toothpicks in her eyes

6. TigToad

TigToad Registered

Yes

When I met my wife 9 years ago, I wasn't much of a football fan. I kinda followed the Cards and the Bears, but not really. She is a rabid football fan and taught me the joy of football.

Unfortunately for her, I grew to love the Cardinals and she is a big Bears fan... but she is the reason we have Sunday Ticket, she wants the Bears game.. and she never frowns at me for yelling at the TV as she is just as into her Bears games.

Most Sundays we end up consoling each other as both of our teams got crushed. Our only real problems come in when the Bears and Cards play at the same time.

7. jf-08

jf-08 Administrator; Rules Creator Staff Member

djaughe's wife watches the Mercury games with him

My wife will go to a couple of Cards games a year and watch about a half on tv before sshe gets upset with me because i get so pissed off watching them screw up

8. azdad1978

azdad1978 Championship!!!!

My fiance loves sports. She was the first girl to play soccer with the guys in Peoria HS. Loves the Diamondbacks and knows baseball (her family are die hard Diamondbacks). Before I met her she was already attending Cardinals games with her friends. Loves the Cardinals and both of us are season ticket holders. I am Blessed!!!!! :thumbup:

9. bankybruce

bankybruce All In! Contributor

what is your fiances name, i once dated a girl from peoria that was a great soccer player.

10. jf-08

her last name isn't akers, is it?

11. azdad1978

Julie

12. azdad1978

Nope Tomasek

13. jf-08

:thumbup: congrats on the upcoming wedding

14. seesred

seesred Registered User

My wife and I attend every game and watch away games and have traveled to games out of town. I'm sure that I die she would not be as much of a fan as she is. She knows the game sometimes better than me and points out things on the field that I'm amazed at. It wouldn't be half as fun without her.

GBR

15. azdad1978

Thanks :thumbup: the only sport she doesn't follow is hockey but occasionally both of us go to a Suns game.