Do you let your girlfriends/Wife watch Cardinals games with you??

AzWins23

Reaction score
I sure don't. I look at it this way. It's one day with out of the week, and its the time where you spend with your guy friends. I wouldnt be able to watch a Cardinals game with my girlfriend cause she would dump me cause the way i act :D Plus i couldnt watch a game and teach her about football at the same time....Do any of you guys agree with me?

EnglishCardinal

In a land far far away...
Reaction score
AzWins23 said:
I sure don't. I look at it this way. It's one day with out of the week, and its the time where you spend with your guy friends. I wouldnt be able to watch a Cardinals game with my girlfriend cause she would dump me cause the way i act :D Plus i couldnt watch a game and teach her about football at the same time....Do any of you guys agree with me?

i would love to, if it meant i could ever see a game! though the odd time i have taken my wife to watch Sunderland (soccer) i aint been too bad - though she has no idea whats going on

mdamien13

Go Cardinals! Yay!!!
Reaction score
I find that none of the girls I date get as passionate about the game as I do, and they tend to frown on me jumping up and down and screaming at the top of my lungs. So no, I ususually have a "boys night out" for Cards games.

Toro

Registered
Reaction score
My wife watches the away games on TV with me. She also goes to the games at SDS. She wants to feel my pain. The first football season after we started dating was rough. She was scared on how made I would get. The screaming and yelling at the TV has calmed over the years. I don't know if that is because I am now so used to the Cardinals losing or if my wife threatening to leave me calmed me down.

Overall, she is now a very big Cardinal fan. She cheers at the games more than 80% of the people there. And she too thought Jake sucked.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
My wife hates sports....period.

Although she did watch Randy Johnson's perfect game, that was the only baseball all year she watched with me. Then she got excited to watch the Triple Crown races....poor Smarty Jones :cry:

Football, I would have to tie her down and put toothpicks in her eyes

TigToad

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Yes

When I met my wife 9 years ago, I wasn't much of a football fan. I kinda followed the Cards and the Bears, but not really. She is a rabid football fan and taught me the joy of football.

Unfortunately for her, I grew to love the Cardinals and she is a big Bears fan... but she is the reason we have Sunday Ticket, she wants the Bears game.. and she never frowns at me for yelling at the TV as she is just as into her Bears games.

Most Sundays we end up consoling each other as both of our teams got crushed. Our only real problems come in when the Bears and Cards play at the same time.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
djaughe's wife watches the Mercury games with him

My wife will go to a couple of Cards games a year and watch about a half on tv before sshe gets upset with me because i get so pissed off watching them screw up

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
My fiance loves sports. She was the first girl to play soccer with the guys in Peoria HS. Loves the Diamondbacks and knows baseball (her family are die hard Diamondbacks). Before I met her she was already attending Cardinals games with her friends. Loves the Cardinals and both of us are season ticket holders. I am Blessed!!!!! :thumbup:

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
My fiance loves sports. She was the first girl to play soccer with the guys in Peoria HS. Loves the Diamondbacks and knows baseball (her family are die hard Diamondbacks). Before I met her she was already attending Cardinals games with her friends. Loves the Cardinals and both of us are season ticket holders. I am Blessed!!!!! :thumbup:

what is your fiances name, i once dated a girl from peoria that was a great soccer player.

jf-08

Guy Smiley
Administrator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
her last name isn't akers, is it?

seesred

Reaction score
My wife and I attend every game and watch away games and have traveled to games out of town. I'm sure that I die she would not be as much of a fan as she is. She knows the game sometimes better than me and points out things on the field that I'm amazed at. It wouldn't be half as fun without her.

GBR

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My wife and I go to all of the Cards' home games together. She's an avid football fan.

She missed two games last season when family was in town, I think.

(I hung out with Stronso for the 2nd half of the Packers' game and watched the Cards beat the Vikings up in the North endzone with my cousin and mdamien.)

She showed up at a halftime gathering and met Joel, andikrist, Section, birdie, and a few others.

Cigarette smoke really bothers her, or she'd likely make more gatherings.

Will the new stadium be entirely smoke-free, like B.O.B. or will people still smoke along the concourses, etc?

BIM

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Will the new stadium be entirely smoke-free, like B.O.B. or will people still smoke along the concourses, etc?

BIM
It doesn't say anything on the AZTSA about smoke free :shrug:

DieHardCardFan

Dallas 2011
Reaction score
My wife loves the Cards! She is not nearly as passionate as I am about it, but she bought me my first set of season tickets. She goes to as many games with me as she can.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My girlfriend's biggest beef with football was that she couldn't understand it. She grew up in a family devoid of sports, so being with me has been a culture shock for her. She's a video gamer just like me, so I've been teaching her football through the Madden game. It was great to see the lightbulbs going off when she realized what QBs do and what defenses do and such. Now when we watch games, she understands a lot more and she actually is beginning to enjoy football. She's even got her own favorite teams now, and she was nice enough to not pick teams I despise so allz good :thumbup:

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:

What they should do at the new stadium is something like they have at the Coyotes new arena, which is putting smoking patios outdoors, but inside the stadium. They are very close to the seats yet the second hand smoke stays outside and away from non-smokers, and you don't have to leave the venue. At the BOB, smokers are treated like lephyrs and forced to smoke outside the entire building, have to get their hands stamped and all that crap, forced into the hot sun, and are pretty much made spectacles of.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Absolutely not!!! They do not get along very well when they're together. I can only take one at a time. :D

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
40yearfan said:

Absolutely not!!! They do not get along very well when they're together. I can only take one at a time. :D

:biglaugh: are you hinting something 40 :devil: