WIN @Green Bay
WIN vs Jacksonville
WIN @Seattle
LOSS vs Arizona
WIN @Philadelphia
WIN vs Detroit
WIN @St. Louis

10-6 (3-3) Playoffs as a 6th seed
Was Warner secretly traded to the 49ers or did you accidentally drink some of the 49er Kool Aid?

LoyaltyisaCurse

IF AND WHEN HEALTHY...
Reaction score
WIN @Arizona
WIN @Seattle
LOSS @Minnesota
LOSS VS St. Louis
WIN vs Atlanta
BYE
LOSS @Houston
LOSS @Indianapolis
LOSSvs Tennessee
WIN vs Chicago
WIN @Green Bay
WIN vs Jacksonville
WIN @Seattle
LOSS vs Arizona
WIN @Philadelphia
WIN vs Detroit
WIN @St. Louis

LOL! They are going to win on the road in AZ,SEA,Green Bay, and Philly? not a chance... they will be lucky to split those games and that would mean beating SEA and GB if you catch my drift...

8-8 is their destiny this year and that is pretty good considering all the playoff caliber teams on the schedule (AZ,PHL,MIN,IND,ATL,TEN, HOU).

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
Do not overlook the 49ers
Obviously, no team should be overlooked, especially division rivals, especially the one that has given you trouble for whatever reason... but, I'm sorry who is their QB? WR? OL? The division title is ours to lose.

Last edited:

az1965

Love Games!
Reaction score
WIN @Arizona
WIN @Seattle
LOSS @Minnesota
LOSS VS St. Louis
WIN vs Atlanta
BYE
LOSS @Houston
LOSS @Indianapolis
LOSSvs Tennessee
WIN vs Chicago
WIN @Green Bay
WIN vs Jacksonville
WIN @Seattle
LOSS vs Arizona
WIN @Philadelphia
WIN vs Detroit
WIN @St. Louis

Huh????

lauraw

"Vincere, Aut Mori" !
Reaction score
The 9ers scare some on this board for some reason or other, but with beanie aboard, they should be easier to beat than ever.. a run game and a legitimate pass game gives them fits..

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The 9ers scare some on this board for some reason or other..
Every one of the 13 teams we play scares me.

We can't control how well the Niners or any other team plays.

What we can control is (a) our roster, (b) how well we prepare for each opponent, (c) how well we play and (d) how well we deal with adversity (i.e. injuries, poor officiating, bad bounces, upsets).

We may have been lucky in having the Niners, Rams and Seahawks in our division at a time where they were "down", but it's not beyond the realm of possibility that they each will have a surprisingly good years & next season will catch them when they're "up."

Or somewhere in between.

Our key to success: Overacheiving vs. the odds - i.e. winning the games we should win, staying competitive in toss-up games and stealing a couple of games we're supposed to lose.

It comes down to the good old cliches - Each game is equally as important as every other game. Got to play them one game at a time. If we grind away and are as good as we think we are, the odds should work for us and we'll be OK.

But relax just a little bit and think that any game is a gimme and we are likely in December to surprise ourselves by waking up dead.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WIN @Arizona
WIN @Seattle
LOSS @Minnesota
LOSS VS St. Louis
WIN vs Atlanta
BYE
LOSS @Houston
LOSS @Indianapolis
LOSSvs Tennessee
WIN vs Chicago
WIN @Green Bay
WIN vs Jacksonville
WIN @Seattle
LOSS vs Arizona
WIN @Philadelphia
WIN vs Detroit
WIN @St. Louis

Honestly, what are you on???:D I will bet you every A$FN dollar I have they dont win in Arizona, Green Bay or Philly and they will also lose to the Bears, Jacksonville and likely Detroit as well.

edit-- Thanks Mulli I didn't even see Atlanta. Yet another L for SF.

Their D is good but not great and the offense is just downright putrid. Will everyone please get off of Singletary's gonads for a minute? The guy's first move as HC was to indecently expose himself. I'll give him credit if and when credit is due.

Last edited:

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i'm skeptical on the 49ers as well .... i just don't see what everyone else is hyping aside from a "glory" franchise with a HOF player as a coach

i think 7 wins is their ceiling and even then I'd be a little surprised if they touched it

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The SF QB will likely be Shaun Hill. If you bother to research it, every time Hill gets to play, all he does is win most of his starts.

chickenhead

Reaction score
It only matters whether or not we overlook the Niners when we play them, and as others have said, no opponent should be overlooked.

I am not taking anything for granted, but it's also important to have expectations. I believe the Cardinals should be better than 9-7 this year, and they should definitely win the division. This isn't the "sleeper pick" of the past 5 years: they now have the skill and the experience to do both.

Unsterblich856

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The SF QB will likely be Shaun Hill. If you bother to research it, every time Hill gets to play, all he does is win most of his starts.
He's 7-3. He beat: A Trent Edwardsless Bills, A dead-arm Farve, The Rams (twice), the Redskins whose offense died week 9, a resting Buccs, and the Bengals. Any half-decent QB could've won all those games. The only reason why he seems so good is because the other two 49ers QBs have been turnover machines. He is the complete definition of a game manager, nothing special, no unique ability.

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's 7-3. He beat: A Trent Edwardsless Bills, A dead-arm Farve, The Rams (twice), the Redskins whose offense died week 9, a resting Buccs, and the Bengals. Any half-decent QB could've won all those games. The only reason why he seems so good is because the other two 49ers QBs have been turnover machines. He is the complete definition of a game manager, nothing special, no unique ability.

All the more reason for him to win the job. Singletary is a defensive-minded HC and will want nothing more than game management form his QB. Frank Gore and the D are in charge of actually winning the games.

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
The 49ers schedule last year was very similar to the Cardinals schedule last year. :bigyawn:

Cards opponents had a winning percentage of .501 or so

49ers had a winning percentage of .450 -- which was easiest in the league

and while that percentage seems small -- its worth a game during a 16 game schedule

Ronin

…..
Super Moderator
Reaction score
All the more reason for him to win the job. Singletary is a defensive-minded HC and will want nothing more than game management form his QB. Frank Gore and the D are in charge of actually winning the games.
exactly.
It did/has worked for the Ravens....we shall see if it works for the 49ers.

OP
OP
Skkorpion

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That is exactly right and that makes them dangerous to us. Didn't Hill almost best us here late last year?

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are very weak at OL and hill is no all star by any means. Crabtree has bust written all over him. Plus they all have to learn a new offense with martz gone.

They don't scare me.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
They are very weak at OL and hill is no all star by any means. Crabtree has bust written all over him. Plus they all have to learn a new offense with martz gone.

They don't scare me.

And their pass rush is worse than the Cards. I think.

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score
The 49ers were inches away from beating both the Cards and the Dolphins last year. And if it wasn't for that turnover machine JTO, they would've beaten the Eagles and Patriots last year as well...both teams that they lost due to JTO. The defense finished 13th overrall even with a bad first half start by Nolan. They actually finished top 4 in points allowed after Singletary took over.

The 49ers will be a tough minded football team next year no doubt and that's all that will matter at the end of the day. No way we finish below .500.

Everybody is talking as if Shaun Hill is a scrub when in fact he's been a winner all along.

Record: 7-3
Completion: 64%
TD-INT: 18-9
Passer Rating: 90.5%

Yea, he isn't Peyton Manning or Tom Brady but he gets the job done. I am more than comfortable with Shaun Hill starting.

Reaction score
Will the 49er's be better than they were last season? :shrug:

But I do believe the Cardinals will be a better team than last year. Also the Cardinals will do better than last year's 9-7.

The Cardinals went to and almost won the Super Bowl last season and, generally speaking, people still don't realize this is a good team.

Cardinals will win the division, but yes, they should not look past any team, as each week will be a battle. That's the NFL and why we love it!

gohard83

Registered
Reaction score

They don't scare me.

and you know this how? is it because you are a Cardinal fan? if you even watched a little bit college football you would know that Crabtree is the most NFL-ready player to come out of the whole draft.

His footwork and hands are the best out of any WR drafted in the past 4 years. He will be a very good #2 WR at WORST! I don't even know how Crabtree will be a bust when he actually fell in the draft to us at #10 :shrug:

Reaction score
The 49ers were inches away... last year.
Yeah, we know how it feels... The Cardinals were just inches away, every year for the last 30 years. Last year they were inches away from the Lombardi trophy. Haven't you heard, "it's a game of inches."

All that matters is which side of the chain you end up on. :p

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
i love crabtree and hate to see him in the division

no way I think the 49ers get to .500 though