Diamondbacks 2010 Season Thread

Nasser22

Sec. 32: Go Devils!
Reaction score
Boy this thread has been dead after the hope and change of the Gibson era went ptttthhhhhhtttt.

How about that awesome call to have a hit-and-run with out pudgy catcher on 1B and our leading all of MLB in strikeouts 3B at the plate. That's some instinctive gutsy managing there.
I'll give him the benefit of the doubt here. He's trying to bring a drastic change to this team from what they have become accustomed to in the Melvin and Hinch years. He needs to get something different going with this team to make the manager label a permanent one...

Now, if he receives the job and continues to make ridiculous decisions such as this....well that'll be a different story.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Another 9 K's from Johnson, Upton, Montero and Reynolds last night... STUPID decisions from Gibby don't even matter when the team averages double-digit strikouts per game.

I am completely convinced this team needs to be blown up. For sure, Upton and Reynolds can't play on the same team. You just can't have this many key guys on your team who sit within the top 15 in MLB in strikeouts. Ain't gonna work...

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Wow this thread just died!!

Swept by the Padres. Fabulous..... :rolleyes:

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks win two games in a row for the first time under Gibson as they beat the Mets 3-2 behind Barry Enright. Enright went 8 innings and gave up only one run and struck out 8. Gutierrez came in and quickly gave up a homer but settled down and got three straight outs to get the save. Going for the sweep tomorrow.

I really like the future for the starters. If Haren doesn't get traded, you have him, Kennedy, Enright, Parker and Jackson. Now if they can fix the bullpen in the offseason, this team will be a lot more competitive next year.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
Play of the game so far was the great catch by the fan down the right field line!!

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Boy this thread has been dead after the hope and change of the Gibson era went ptttthhhhhhtttt.
Not so fast! We just swept the Mets series with a 14-inning walk-off victory, using our last available position player as a pinch hitter.

Even more important, our bullpen gave up zero runs and one hit over the final eight innings.

As I just posted in the Bullpen thread, having a Manager who can get the team to hold their heads high, instead of their shoulders drooped, is greatly underrated.

The comatose years of Melvin and Hinch are over.

I just hope that the Front Office knows better than to get rid of Dan Haren at this time of our new beginning.

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nice sweep. It will be interesting to see if they can play over 500 ball in the second half. If they can, Gibson would be a lock to be next year's manager. Also, Snyder is improving his trade stock.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Not so fast! We just swept the Mets series with a 14-inning walk-off victory, using our last available position player as a pinch hitter.

Even more important, our bullpen gave up zero runs and one hit over the final eight innings.

As I just posted in the Bullpen thread, having a Manager who can get the team to hold their heads high, instead of their shoulders drooped, is greatly underrated.

The comatose years of Melvin and Hinch are over.

I just hope that the Front Office knows better than to get rid of Dan Haren at this time of our new beginning.

Yay, after just getting swept in SD. 6-10, or .375 ball since Gibby took the reins. Preconceived notion glasses alert!!!

People would think the team never completed a sweep or had a game where the bullpen performed under Hinch or Melvin if they listened to you.

Last edited:

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
You never make the 1rst or 3rd out at third! Somebody needs to tell Uptown to pull his head out of his keister.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I had the "luxury" of going to tonight's game.

Whopping 17,000 in attendance, which included the Giant fans.

Tyler

Registered
Reaction score
hahahahaha swept in a 4 game series.

This team is BAD. Holy crap, how do you get swept in a 4 game series.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
hahahahaha swept in a 4 game series.

This team is BAD. Holy crap, how do you get swept in a 4 game series.
And immediately after getting our hopes up by sweeping the preceding 3-game series, also at home.

I'll bet that Reynolds was pissed at not being the pinch hitter with the game on the line. Unfortunately, Gillespie was not the guy to do it. Same result -- strikeout. But Ryal and Abreu had both been used and Ojeda had already been hit for , leaving only Snider. Too bad Dan Haren wasn't available. :bang:

I still give Gibson credit for making a point. If you have the 16th worst batting average on the team, and are baseball's strikeout king year after year, that is what is going to happen.

BTW, Gillespie has the 15th worst D'back batting average. He should not take any time away from Parra or Ryal in LF. He needs to be sent back down.

Ryal should be our first option at backup infielder or LF. Period! Not Gillespie. Not Ojeda.

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
IMO this is the 3rd worst Dbacks team ever.

IMO this org is in much worse shape than it was in 2004, even if the team on the field might not be.

The Haren trade signifies that this team isn't looking to compete for the next three years or so. By that time Upton will be in his FA year and no way in hell is he signing with us considering the management of this organization during his time here.

Seems like we should be shopping him this off season.

I'd like to point out that Gibson now has the team playing at .300 ball yet some are still giving him credit. Where's the blame is my question?

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
6-15, or .286 ball, since Gibby took over.

Hey, at least the team can "hold it's head high" or some such with "our new beginning", right?

:bang:

OP
OP
Lefty

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
The Diamondbacks beat Washington 3-2 behind Enright, who gave up 2 runs in 6 innings. His era is not too shabby at 2.81.

Next up is San Diego. I hope they can do some damage to the Padres playoff hopes.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Joseph Garrison