DIABLO 4!!!!

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
the long awaited Diablo 4 is now available for pre order. Open Beta starts March 17th... full game release is set for June 6th.

I been telling myself for years...after how bad D3 was on launch. Theres no damn way I preorder from Blizzard again,...screw those guys.

well anyway, got my deluxe edition for 89 bucks...cant wait!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the long awaited Diablo 4 is now available for pre order. Open Beta starts March 17th... full game release is set for June 6th.

I been telling myself for years...after how bad D3 was on launch. Theres no damn way I preorder from Blizzard again,...screw those guys.

well anyway, got my deluxe edition for 89 bucks...cant wait!!
I thought about pre-ordering it to get the beta. I doubt I will though. I don't have 3 other friends to play games like Diablo with. I didn't really play 3 because of that and it isn't the same experience solo.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I thought about pre-ordering it to get the beta. I doubt I will though. I don't have 3 other friends to play games like Diablo with. I didn't really play 3 because of that and it isn't the same experience solo.
Early closed beta is this weekend. Downloads start today iirc...
You should get it. Ill run with you... plus i saw a couple groups starting guilds on reddit... for the sole purpose of having someone to level with.
I got the 2nd tier for early access... it aint that much over the life of the game.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
just an FYI...

the closed beta is this weekend and requires pre order...

however...
next weekend, there is an open beta... so you can download the beta free, and play friday, saturday, and sunday for no cost. Just to get an in depth look and see if it is something you want to pursue... only 3 or 4 classes, and only up to level 25 IIRC...but a solid look see

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
just an FYI...

the closed beta is this weekend and requires pre order...

however...
next weekend, there is an open beta... so you can download the beta free, and play friday, saturday, and sunday for no cost. Just to get an in depth look and see if it is something you want to pursue... only 3 or 4 classes, and only up to level 25 IIRC...but a solid look see
I'll probably do that.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I was able to get about an hour in. Seems okay enough, but I bet the game is more fun with a group. I was in Vegas for the weekend so I only got to play some Friday afternoon.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Completed veteran level and cleared to move to Nightmare.... but Nightmare starts at Lvl 50, so im going to level in vet for a while.

General fyi... i beat veteran at 45...game wouldnt let me select NM until i was 47....so no need to rush to beat the tier, get those levels.

Act 6 is amaze balls... the scinematics are fantastic. The final boss fight is very well designed.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Completed veteran level and cleared to move to Nightmare.... but Nightmare starts at Lvl 50, so im going to level in vet for a while.

General fyi... i beat veteran at 45...game wouldnt let me select NM until i was 47....so no need to rush to beat the tier, get those levels.

Act 6 is amaze balls... the scinematics are fantastic. The final boss fight is very well designed.
Whoa, that must have been some poopsocking. How many hours did that take?

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
click click click click click click click (my impression of Diablo action)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
tough to say exactly. I got early access starting at 4 pm on june 1st... but I didnt have a day off until the sixth... maybe 24 hours to lvl 45?
Interesting. I didn't think you would be able to beat the game in under 25 hours. I was expecting 50-60 at least.

Last edited:
OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Interesting. I didn't think you would be able to beat the game in under 25 hours. I was expecting 50-60 at least.
after I posted that...I thought on it more and it was closer to 55 hours... but thats just beating world tier 2... to get to the top end gear you still have to beat world tier 3...and that is slow going... the monsters run at you a lot faster... but the gear in Tier 3 is pretty good

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
after I posted that...I thought on it more and it was closer to 55 hours... but thats just beating world tier 2... to get to the top end gear you still have to beat world tier 3...and that is slow going... the monsters run at you a lot faster... but the gear in Tier 3 is pretty good
That makes me much happier. I almost bought it today and held off because I was quite disturbed about the 20-30 hour comment, especially for a $70 game. I'll probably pick it up soon.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
That makes me much happier. I almost bought it today and held off because I was quite disturbed about the 20-30 hour comment, especially for a $70 game. I'll probably pick it up soon.
keep in mind I was also rushing the campaign. Been running a team with my son, doing side quests and dungeons here and there...and it is way slower...we just hit act 4 at level 41 and there are 6 acts

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
keep in mind I was also rushing the campaign. Been running a team with my son, doing side quests and dungeons here and there...and it is way slower...we just hit act 4 at level 41 and there are 6 acts
I just picked it up. Got to level 9 on a druid and I got 'your account is locked' error and it booted me from the game. I guess this is the game's way of telling me that their servers got overloaded or something. Your account is locked is a nasty error. Your servers are crap and blaming the user. Not a good start.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since you have been playing it a lot oaken, what do you think of the multiplayer difficulty balancing? I played a few hours multiplayer with a buddy of mine, and nearly every encounter was a cakewalk. It seems that the difficulty didn't change at all, making it twice as easy to kill everything.

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Since you have been playing it a lot oaken, what do you think of the multiplayer difficulty balancing? I played a few hours multiplayer with a buddy of mine, and nearly every encounter was a cakewalk. It seems that the difficulty didn't change at all, making it twice as easy to kill everything.
The scaling from 2 to 3 or 4 seems more significant than from 1 to 2. Things seem to die just as fast when I run duo, but needs a few extra swings with 3 or 4.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The scaling from 2 to 3 or 4 seems more significant than from 1 to 2. Things seem to die just as fast when I run duo, but needs a few extra swings with 3 or 4.
Are people doing tier 3 at the beginning even though they want you to be level 50?

SunsTzu

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Are people doing tier 3 at the beginning even though they want you to be level 50?
You need to finish the campaign to unlock the tier 2 capstone to get to tier 3. Most people just did tier one to get through the campaign then run the capstone in tier 2 to get to tier 3.

I was about 45-46 by the time I finished the campaign and did the capstone. Then did the tier 3 capstone at about 63 which is set to level 70.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gotcha I did Tier 2 and I would have liked to do 3 from the beginning.

mjb21aztd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Im a big d2 player lvl 89 sorc ladder

Looking forward to playing ps5 d4 very soon :)

The cutscenes look breathtaking fight system looks cool

What classes are in d4?

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Im a big d2 player lvl 89 sorc ladder

Looking forward to playing ps5 d4 very soon :)

The cutscenes look breathtaking fight system looks cool

What classes are in d4?
Barbarian, Druid, Rogue, Sorcerer, and Necromancer. Maybe they add more. I'm on Xbox since it can cross platform with PC.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Named DreamcastRocks.......plays on XBox.....
Indeed. I have had my username close to 20 years, when dreamcast was still pretty popular even though it was end of life by then.

OP
OP
oaken1

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Indeed. I have had my username close to 20 years, when dreamcast was still pretty popular even though it was end of life by then.
Oaken1#11790 is me on Battlenet... hit me up in game...we can slay some demons together

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose