DHop just PP21 All Over Again

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
According to Jurecki, DHop wanted to be traded back in October. So back when he was suspended for PEDs he was already planning his exit.
Don't really blame him for wanting to play for a winner. I just hope we don't trade him on the cheap if we do trade him. (which we shouldn't)

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe Mike PP21'd his contract, but Hop stayed quiet and didn't make a stink like Pat did.

Yeah there has just been a lot of conjecture about why he wants out. He also has a no trade clause so he will dictate who he gets traded to after quitting at the end.

What a waste...

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Yeah there has just been a lot of conjecture about why he wants out. He also has a no trade clause so he will dictate who he gets traded to after quitting at the end.

What a waste...
It's really a shame, because he came back on fire with Murray. I think he lead the NFL in receptions and/or yards during that stretch.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I'm still in wait-and-see mode on this. If we do acquire Sean Payton, I could envision it being the kind of move that piques his interest in staying on.

Or maybe not. Maybe the rumors about Kyler are worse than we think, which probably isn't going to be any better for DHop with him potentially missing early games and taking a while to get back to form. Age is certainly a factor here.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think if we trade him, he goes to Dallas.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm still in wait-and-see mode on this. If we do acquire Sean Payton, I could envision it being the kind of move that piques his interest in staying on.

Or maybe not. Maybe the rumors about Kyler are worse than we think, which probably isn't going to be any better for DHop with him potentially missing early games and taking a while to get back to form. Age is certainly a factor here.

It's not about Kyler and there is zero chance he stays.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Unless New England's QB is suddenly not Mac Jones no way he goes to New England.
Bill Bellicheck ain’t giving up a high pick for a WR on the wrong side of 30, who’s had injury/PED issues the last two years.

And before anyone says he traded for Randy Moss, they only dealt a 4th rounder for him. We should be able to at least get a 3rd if not a mid 2nd.

OP
OP
Chris_Sanders

Chris_Sanders

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Bellicheck ain’t giving up a high pick for a WR on the wrong side of 30, who’s had injury/PED issues the last two years.

And before anyone says he traded for Randy Moss, they only dealt a 4th rounder for him. We should be able to at least get a 3rd if not a mid 2nd.

And who wants a big extension as part of that trade.

CardsFan88

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Airbnb is going to lose its best house party customer in the Phx metro area and gain one wherever he's traded to.

Love his talent, not his practice (or driving) habits.
You must be registered for see images attach

Whoever our new GM is, don't sell low.

Despite all this, I wish he would reconsider, but a leopard never changes its spots.

I wonder if we could extend him (with roster bonus guarantees dated AFTER the trade in the first/second year) that lowers his hit against us when we trade him, but give him the 'guarantees' he needs? (and still be a little cheaper for the acquiring team than market value, since we'll still be taking a hit)

I also hope our new GM, if possible, can play the cap angle for higher compensation. More hit, higher pick.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lol. You’re smarter than this.
You don't think he wants to be a winner?

I have already stated that I think is #1 motivation is money. He wants a new contract. If you think that D-Hop could get the same contract from AZ or Dallas, which would he choose?

Thank you for thinking I am at least a little smart, btw.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
I wonder if we could extend him (with roster bonus guarantees dated AFTER the trade in the first/second year) that lowers his hit against us when we trade him, but give him the 'guarantees' he needs? (and still be a little cheaper for the acquiring team than market value, since we'll still be taking a hit)
If we trade him, is non-guaranteed $19 million salary is an utter steal for the team that gets him. They’d likely to be thrilled to tack on an additional 2-3 years and guarantee the salaries for 2023 and 2024 plus bonuses.

It’s literally what happened with his deal coming here. It’s hard for us to add new money to his deal when he has a $30 million cap charge if nothing happens—unless we want to create salary cap overhang for post-2025.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Wolf said the new coach coming in may be part of the reason he wants out. Whoever the new coach is will take a much different approach than Coach Bro did. Soft practices or no practices for the star players? Extra days off? Nope. It's more than likely that the new coach will come in and say "Everyone practices and they practice hard."

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
PP and DHop are "me first" type of guys. They are great individual talents but not winners. PP said on the radio he would rather have a hall of fame jacket than a superbowl ring. I want a team with a unified mindset and team first culture.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
You don't think he wants to be a winner?

I have already stated that I think is #1 motivation is money. He wants a new contract. If you think that D-Hop could get the same contract from AZ or Dallas, which would he choose?

Thank you for thinking I am at least a little smart, btw.
I think it’s his like fourth or fifth priority.

Guaranteed money
Bonus
Salary
Targets
Less practice
Winning

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
PP and DHop are "me first" type of guys. They are great individual talents but not winners. PP said on the radio he would rather have a hall of fame jacket than a superbowl ring. I want a team with a unified mindset and team first culture.
Yeah. When was the last playoff game Patrick Peterson appeared in???

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it’s his like fourth or fifth priority.

Guaranteed money
Bonus
Salary
Targets
Less practice
Winning
The top 3 are all about his contract.
#4 doesn't really matter because he will get his targets no matter the QB or team throwing to him.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PicksFromDave