Dexter (Showtime)

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wow, I didn't think it was "great" as compared to previous ones...I didn't really feel a "hook" into the season like the first two. No Ice Truck Killer, etc.

I still liked it though, the subtle humor is always good.

Not sure how I feel about Rita and Dexter suddenly screwing like there's no tomorrow...it just doesn't seem like him. I know Lyla brought it out of him in a way, but from the first season and the book I'm reading, that stuff just isn't important to him, so I'm curious WHY it's suddenly something he's doing all the time.

Is he faking or enjoying it?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agree. it was a solid episode, but I didn't get that "whoa, this season's gonna be f'd up!" feeling like I did previous season premieres.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Not sure how I feel about Rita and Dexter suddenly screwing like there's no tomorrow.

I feel great about that part.

I think they set the season up for a big twist. My feeling is that another major character will die this year and it seems Jimmy Smitts will be around longer than I would hope.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:eek:

Jimmy Smits stabs stuntman

By WENN
10/03/08

A TV stuntman is lucky to be alive after actor Jimmy Smits stabbed him for real during a fight scene for TV show Dexter.

Smits grabbed a real knife instead of a prop knife during shooting and plunged it into action man Jeff Chase.

Chase was only saved by a piece of plastic placed over his heart - which Smits miraculously hit.

He says, "For the scene, I was bound in Saran Wrap, duct tape over my mouth. I couldn't say a thing as I saw Jimmy grab at the knife. He picked up the real one by pure mistake. It was a mean looking knife.

"I heard fellow actor Michael C. Hall yelling at Jimmy to stop - but it was too late. I felt the thud in my chest. I didn't have on a metal breast plate like a lot of actors do in a scene like that.

"Instead I had a piece of acrylic clear plastic about the size of a Post-it note over my heart. It was a quarter of an inch thick and not attached. In eight out of 10 takes with the prop knife, Jimmy had missed the plastic. But by a miracle, an act of God, the knife landed at the very edge of the plastic.

"I really thought I'd been stabbed in the heart, but I didn't have a scratch. Jimmy was devastated and couldn't stop apologizing. I told him, I felt more sorry for him than me."

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
2nd episode was great too IMO. I think this is going to be a good season.

I read somewhere that Michael C. Hall is dating the woman who plays his sister... creepy.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just finished S2 last night. The finale wasn't so great, but the season itself was terrific.

You know he's not going to get caught, but man, what suspense!

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Boo to the stuntman story.

Kind of a spoiler. Though no real plot is told we do know that during of Dexter's kills Smits' character will be in the room.

I agree, my mind is now stuck on how this plays out. I wish I had one of those mind eraser things. I keep drinking to see if I can kill the brain cells that contain this information but I keep missing.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I just finished S2 last night. The finale wasn't so great, but the season itself was terrific.

You know he's not going to get caught, but man, what suspense!

Season 2 was white knuckle all the way. Great season now get to season 3!

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Still the best show on TV.

Who the hell is out mercing everyone and why are they cutting off the skin? I am starting to wonder if it's Jimmy Smitts or his brother trying to get revenge on Freebow. What is up with the IA woman harrassing Deb? How long before she starts dating the guy they want her to help take down.

NMCard

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Still the best show on TV.

Who the hell is out mercing everyone and why are they cutting off the skin? I am starting to wonder if it's Jimmy Smitts or his brother trying to get revenge on Freebow. What is up with the IA woman harrassing Deb? How long before she starts dating the guy they want her to help take down.

I get the feeling she will be dating the narc.

green machine

I rule at posting
Reaction score
A friend of mine recommended this show to me and gave me season one.

After about two days I had finished with season one and was demanding season 2. Another couple days after that I've gone through season 3 and caught up, which sucks, because I liked watching this show at a rapid-fire pace.

This show is awesome incarnate.

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H
I get the feeling she will be dating the narc.

The CI? If so I agree.

Good episode Sunday.

The Jimmy Smits, IMO, is the best plot we've had so far. Obviously we know where the story now leads to with that post on Smits stabbing somebody earlier in this thread.

I've got a feeling Smits has killed before and he'll end up as a trinket for Dexter.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
The CI? If so I agree.

Good episode Sunday.

The Jimmy Smits, IMO, is the best plot we've had so far. Obviously we know where the story now leads to with that post on Smits stabbing somebody earlier in this thread.

I've got a feeling Smits has killed before and he'll end up as a trinket for Dexter.
Word

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score

A trinket? As in one of his slides? I am really kind of hoping they kill him off for multiple reasons, One; I am not too fond of the guy overall, and two; I don't know if I like Dexter outside of himself. I find the character much more appealing when the secret is all his.

Still loving the season though. By the way, there is no Florida in there. That is all filmed in Long Beach, CA... Some wide shots with no characters are from the FLA but the rest is all So. Cal.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Okay, has anyone not figured out that Deb's homicide partner is the skinner killer? I think that one's become way too obvious.

How do you know it's not Smits? He showed his knife skills gutting the fish. I think Quinn/semi-hottie asian chick will be a completely separate story. But I really have no clue, which I like.

CardFan67

Don't touch my tail!
Reaction score
I was thinking it was the fish filet expert myself, but all three are possible human skinners...

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Naw. They're setting Deb and Anton up to hook up with each other, and the whole 'my boyfriend is a killer' thing was done already with Deb. Smits I could understand, but I think it's her partner.

i'll be pretty disappointed if this is the case because it's just so beyond obvious.

I thought this season started a little slow, but the relationship between Smits and Dexter has evolved into something really, really interesting.

definitely a great show and ultimately, I think, again, Dexter has to end up killing Smits, the only person who actually knows who he is (just as he did in season 1 and 2... actually, if that's how this turns out, then this show might be getting a little too predictable).