Dexter (Showtime)

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Man, what an awesome show. I had to wait until I had my computer back to start watching TV online again, so I couldn't watch until this weekend, but...wow. It was so good and so engrossing, that my friends, who barely knew the show and hadn't seen it, started listening intently, and really got into it.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
Crap...

I guess its official now....

The writers' strike has brought some good news for the producers of "Dexter." Because CBS has time slots to fill, it will recruit Showtime's "Dexter" to its airwaves, beginning at 10 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17.
The move means more exposure for the riveting crime series and Michael C. Hall's brilliant performance as a conflicted serial killer working for the Miami police department.

On the other hand, devotees of the series who have watched it on premium pay cable might not be enamored with the alterations the show will have to undergo to play on a major network. If "Dexter" is watered down too much, it just wouldn't be the same series.

In any case, the show's 12-episode first season will air on consecutive Sundays on CBS, which is a corporate cousin of Showtime. CBS officials say this is the first time a full season of a premium cable drama has made the transition to network television.

CBS entertainment chief Nina Tassler noted that "Dexter" is "a great match with our existing lineup," which, of course, is riddled with crime shows. So, Gil Grissom, meet Dexter Morgan.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
I guess its official now....

The writers' strike has brought some good news for the producers of "Dexter." Because CBS has time slots to fill, it will recruit Showtime's "Dexter" to its airwaves, beginning at 10 p.m. Sunday, Feb. 17.
The move means more exposure for the riveting crime series and Michael C. Hall's brilliant performance as a conflicted serial killer working for the Miami police department.

On the other hand, devotees of the series who have watched it on premium pay cable might not be enamored with the alterations the show will have to undergo to play on a major network. If "Dexter" is watered down too much, it just wouldn't be the same series.

In any case, the show's 12-episode first season will air on consecutive Sundays on CBS, which is a corporate cousin of Showtime. CBS officials say this is the first time a full season of a premium cable drama has made the transition to network television.

CBS entertainment chief Nina Tassler noted that "Dexter" is "a great match with our existing lineup," which, of course, is riddled with crime shows. So, Gil Grissom, meet Dexter Morgan.

Saw the 1st commercial for this today.

OP
OP
O

O

LD @ F.O.H.
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I watched it on CBS.
They didn't do too bad of a job editing wise.
The spirit of the show was kept alive.

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Just watched every episode of this show in a week and a half. CBS turned us onto it, so we bought season 1's DVDs. Signed up for Showtime to watch season 2 on OnDemand. Holy crap this is a great show. I love it and now I'm having withdrawals waiting for season 3. And I only finished the last episode of season 2 30 minutes ago.

Stout

Reaction score
Just watched every episode of this show in a week and a half. CBS turned us onto it, so we bought season 1's DVDs. Signed up for Showtime to watch season 2 on OnDemand. Holy crap this is a great show. I love it and now I'm having withdrawals waiting for season 3. And I only finished the last episode of season 2 30 minutes ago.

I'm glad you decided to watch the showtime version. The idea of putting this show on CBS is crap.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just started watching it on DVD (showtime). @ eps in. I like it a lot.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm about halfway through the first season. Awesome show. Amazing how they make him such a likable character. And the intro credits are amazing too--how they can take all of these everyday things and make them seem sinister and gross. Very cool.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, is this slotted for more seasons? Seems like it could easily be a one-and-done show, ala John from Cinci.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, is this slotted for more seasons? Seems like it could easily be a one-and-done show, ala John from Cinci.

Wikipedia sez;

A third season of Dexter was announced following the season two finale, in which an ad ran assuring Dexter would return in 2008. Showtime President Robert Greenblatt also confirmed that a third season[6] is due to start in October.[7]

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Netflix has season 1 in the watch instantly section, uncut. I finally started watching this last night and ended up watching the first 3 episodes. 2 more so far today... this show kicks ass. I love watching shows this way, at my own pace. Can't wait to watch the next episode!

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
Netflix has season 1 in the watch instantly section, uncut. I finally started watching this last night and ended up watching the first 3 episodes. 2 more so far today... this show kicks ass. I love watching shows this way, at my own pace. Can't wait to watch the next episode!

Yeah it really is awesome. Both the show and watching it this way.

KloD

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Yeah it really is awesome. Both the show and watching it this way.

I can't believe how much tv I've watch in the last 3 days! Only 12 episodes in the season...:sad:, but I'm done with season one. 6 feet under is one of my all time favorite shows, this one is up there too. most tv actors are lucky to make a name for themselves in one show, Michael C Hall has now done it w/ two IMO. Looking forward to season 2!

dogpoo32

meh
Reaction score
I can't believe how much tv I've watch in the last 3 days! Only 12 episodes in the season...:sad:, but I'm done with season one. 6 feet under is one of my all time favorite shows, this one is up there too. most tv actors are lucky to make a name for themselves in one show, Michael C Hall has now done it w/ two IMO. Looking forward to season 2!

Never seen 6 feet under, but yes... Dexter is the BEST show on TV. Season 2 is a nail-biter for sure. You will enjoy it. We ordered Showtime with our cable company just to watch Dexter on ON DEMAND. If you do not have access to such a service, I think the second season DVD's come out in August... Which, thanks to the insane rapid increase in time is right around the corner. Season 3 is this fall too!!!1q!!! I can't wait.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Watched the first season and this is like suddenly in my top 5 favorite TV shows...

Louis

DJ Roomba
Reaction score
Winning Friends and Influencing the People in My H

As a fan of both shows I really enjoy the irony that his archnemesis in season 2 looks so similar to his boyfriend from Six Feet Under.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am about 4-5 episodes into season 2 and I just cannot get enough of this show. It's just disgustingly good.

There are some great lines this year too, sadly I can't remember them right now, but I just love this show.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My God this show is good...I just finished episode 20 and I'm freaking out.

I've been wanting them on HD On Demand, and #21 isn't available yet, but the SD versions are...but I just can't bring myself to watch them in SD.

But good lord I can't until the next episode. Argh!

Stout

Reaction score
My God this show is good...I just finished episode 20 and I'm freaking out.

I've been wanting them on HD On Demand, and #21 isn't available yet, but the SD versions are...but I just can't bring myself to watch them in SD.

But good lord I can't until the next episode. Argh!

You're THAT spoiled? Good God man, how do you live everyday life without viewing the world in HD? I mean, you must have special glasses or something, or I'd figure you'd refuse to wake up in the morning :D

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
wow - i've been avoiding this thread since seeing an inconvenient lie about a year ago - since then i've watched both seasons all the way through and love absolutely everything about it

pumped for season 3 - the teasers look awesome

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Season 3 started off great. And the season preview at the end had me going crazy.

Great show.

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
I am so happy Dexter is back. Great episode to start the season.

Can't wait for the rest.

Last edited: