Devin Booker is the greatest player EVER in Suns history

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe the best drafted Suns player, when it's all said and done. I'll still rank Barkley as #1, though.
This. I still rank Barkley #1. However, if Devin gets it done here I might have to change that. Before Barkley the Suns were not even on the map. He changed everything around here.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Before Barkley the Suns were not even on the map.

Well, I take exception to that statement. The Suns were considered one of the league's better organizations in both the late 1970s and the late 1980s. There was a bitter four year run in the mid 1980s that was akin to the recent Sarver years, but Colangelo got that turned around pronto once he got control of the franchise.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
This. I still rank Barkley #1. However, if Devin gets it done here I might have to change that. Before Barkley the Suns were not even on the map. He changed everything around here.
The peak was amazing but something was always a little bit off with him after year 1. At the end of the day he was the best player on a team that suffered back to back playoff meltdowns then he forced his way out in ugly fashion. Just saying.

OP
OP
BirdGangThing

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
Attention Mods:

Is too late to add a poll?

Devin Booker
Charles Barkley
Steve Nash
and... Alex Len?? :)

lol or maybe some old time player in the 4th spot

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Attention Mods:

Is too late to add a poll?

Devin Booker
Charles Barkley
Steve Nash
and... Alex Len?? :)

lol or maybe some old time player in the 4th spot
Watching Dennis Johnson was amazing. He would be in my top 5....probably Larry Nance, too. Johnson's trade to Boston will go down as one of the worst in NBA history.

Treesquid PhD

Pardon my Engrish
Reaction score
Suns were an upper tier team before Barkley, they had multiple all stars won 50 plus games, he had two great years 92-94 then forced his way out. Sorry, funny guy but you have to play more than 3 years with a team to be the greatest.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score
Suns were an upper tier team before Barkley, they had multiple all stars won 50 plus games, he had two great years 92-94 then forced his way out. Sorry, funny guy but you have to play more than 3 years with a team to be the greatest.
Ummmmmmmm....4 years in Phoenix....with pretty darn good to great stats. Who's laughing now? lol

You must be registered for see images attach

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That’s not what I
That’s not what I am referring to. Nobody paid attention to us nationally and at one point the Suns were the largest away draw across the league after the Barkley trade.

Sunstroke

Veteran
Reaction score
In Sun's history? How about Arizona professional team sports history!
Fitz held that title until 2021 when the Suns lost in 6 games for the NBA
Championship.
Fitzgerald was magical in the 2009 post season and Super Bowl. Booker has been great
through out his playoff resume. Common denominator?

Both guys drafted and developed by their respective organizations. THIS
is what makes both guys so special to Arizona sports fans. Fitz and Book
have suffered thru crappy organizational seasons yet both have been on the
precipice of reaching the Pinnacle where the O'Brien and Lombardi trophy's rest.

I love both guys. But I'd give the nod to Devin Booker. Booker plays for the oldest
Arizona professional team sports franchise. Suns first championship with Booker
seals Devin's place as Arizona's favorite, pardon the pun, 'Sun.'

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I still think it's Nash, but the margin is narrowing rapidly.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I still think it's Nash, but the margin is narrowing rapidly.
Nash has the best resume but if you're talking about a moment in time, each in their prime, Booker moves ahead AFAIC because he's a complete player. Nash was the best offensive player we've ever had but his defense was pretty weak.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash has the best resume but if you're talking about a moment in time, each in their prime, Booker moves ahead AFAIC because he's a complete player. Nash was the best offensive player we've ever had but his defense was pretty weak.

Booker is the better all around player, but Nash had a 6 year run where you could put almost anyone around him and that team was going to have a top 5 offense and virtually guaranteeing 50 or so wins. He elevated the game of everyone around him in a way that very few players, ever, have been able to do.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Booker is the better all around player, but Nash had a 6 year run where you could put almost anyone around him and that team was going to have a top 5 offense and virtually guaranteeing 50 or so wins. He elevated the game of everyone around him in a way that very few players, ever, have been able to do.
What's cool is Booker is starting to do that, too!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose