Devin Booker, Chris Paul and Patrick Beverley WCF

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here are a couple of video clips where Devin Booker and Patrick Beverley have encounters in Games 2 and 3 respectively.

Just good defense by Beverley or something more?

The first video is the head butt in Game 2.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is where both Booker and Beverley both get technical fouls in Game 3.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why is there always a WCF team that fights us dirty and injures our stars?

It sure seems there is always one team that plays that way.

The Spurs were always doing something in the playoffs, e.g. Robert Horry knocking Steve Nash into the scoring table and subsequent ejections of Amare and Diaw for leaving the bench area.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It sure seems there is always one team that plays that way.

The Spurs were always doing something in the playoffs, e.g. Robert Horry knocking Steve Nash into the scoring table and subsequent ejections of Amare and Diaw for leaving the bench area.

yeah, that series is what I am alluding to. Horry was dirty. Trying to slip his foot under where people will land after a jump shot and etc.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
Here are a couple of video clips where Devin Booker and Patrick Beverley have encounters in Games 2 and 3 respectively.

Just good defense by Beverley or something more?

The first video is the head butt in Game 2.

Man, seeing it from that first angle it’s tough to understand what Beverley could’ve possibly be doing other than headbutting book. He lurches forward head first. That overhead view is much worse than any other I’ve seen.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man, seeing it from that first angle it’s tough to understand what Beverley could’ve possibly be doing other than headbutting book. He lurches forward head first. That overhead view is much worse than any other I’ve seen.

The headbutt by Beverley looked intentional to me but everyone has a right to their own opinion.

In the second video we can see Beverley went out of his way to make contact with Booker which resulted in both players getting technical fouls although Beverley initiated the contact.

GoldGloveschmidt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
The headbutt by Beverley looked intentional to me but everyone has a right to their own opinion.

In the second video we can see Beverley went out of his way to make contact with Booker which resulted in both players getting technical fouls although Beverley initiated the contact.

Same situation in game 2 when Crowder was shoved by Morris and there was a double tech. Ridiculous

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Same situation in game 2 when Crowder was shoved by Morris and there was a double tech. Ridiculous

And there were at least two situations where DeMarcus Cousins shoves Devin Booker... once knocking him to the floor.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yet it's not rigged...

yes... it’s rigged, for... the LA Clippers, a team that has no national following or even LOCAL following because the people in their own city don’t give a crap about them. Definitely a team to rig a series for... and then force the team they wanted to win to play on a 36 hour turnaround after a grueling series for Game 1.

makes total sense.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
yeah, that series is what I am alluding to. Horry was dirty. Trying to slip his foot under where people will land after a jump shot and etc.

Things like that you don't forget.

The video below recaptures the moment that likely cost the Suns an NBA Championship. It starts at about the 1:05 mark.

Raindog

I didn't come here to be liked!
Reaction score
Yes, you're right, it's not rigged. It's not always good, it's not always fair but it's not rigged.

Once again, it doesn't just have to be rigged to get certain teams to win. But to keep series competitive? Or for other more nefarious personal reasons? Give me one good reason why it's not possible.

It's already an established fact that at least one NBA referee fixed the outcome of games. For years, in fact, and the league itself never saw fit to do anything about it... even though it was obvious to many players and fans. I really doubt he was or is the only one ever.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Things like that you don't forget.

The video below recaptures the moment that likely cost the Suns an NBA Championship. It starts at about the 1:05 mark.

Amare and Diaw not knowing the rules likely cost us game 5. There were other players on the bench that didn’t leave the area.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once again, it doesn't just have to be rigged to get certain teams to win. But to keep series competitive? Or for other more nefarious personal reasons? Give me one good reason why it's not possible.

It's already an established fact that at least one NBA referee fixed the outcome of games. For years, in fact, and the league itself never saw fit to do anything about it... even though it was obvious to many players and fans. I really doubt he was or is the only one ever.

I don't think Tim was or is the only dirty ref and yes, I agree it's possible that a ref might try to control the outcome of the game for a variety of reasons. I just disagree that the league itself would direct a referee to control the outcome of the game.

Nobody keeps a secret for very long, if the league was rigged a more reputable source than a convicted felon with a hard-on for the league would come forth with facts. And there is even more scrutiny now that the league has crawled into bed with the gambling industry.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Amare and Diaw not knowing the rules likely cost us game 5. There were other players on the bench that didn’t leave the area.

Sometimes rules are to be interpreted with discretion.

I would have suspended Horry from the NBA for that hip check on Nash.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sometimes rules are to be interpreted with discretion.

I would have suspended Horry from the NBA for that hip check on Nash.

Suspending Diaw and Amare for one game might have been the correct decision but the right thing to do would have been to announce that "for the good of the game" they weren't going to allow the Spurs to benefit from an obvious dirty play. The suspensions should have been served in our first game against the next team we played.

itlnsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I don't think Tim was or is the only dirty ref and yes, I agree it's possible that a ref might try to control the outcome of the game for a variety of reasons. I just disagree that the league itself would direct a referee to control the outcome of the game.

Nobody keeps a secret for very long, if the league was rigged a more reputable source than a convicted felon with a hard-on for the league would come forth with facts. And there is even more scrutiny now that the league has crawled into bed with the gambling industry.

Exactly. It's not in the league's interest to rig games. They would be risking the golden goose for a relatively minor return. This would be like Chase Bank skimming money to bring in a little more profit annually. It's irrational.

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Suspending Diaw and Amare for one game might have been the correct decision but the right thing to do would have been to announce that "for the good of the game" they weren't going to allow the Spurs to benefit from an obvious dirty play. The suspensions should have been served in our first game against the next team we played.

Or the suspensions served in separate games for Diaw and Amare. So many things David Stern could have done differently.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

again, tell me how it was advantageous to force the Clippers to have a 36 hour turnaround to have to travel and play a Game 1 on the road on Sunday after finishing a tough six game series on Friday night.

then tell me why they’d favor a team that has practically no fan base and zero national following advancing to the finals?

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
again, tell me how it was advantageous to force the Clippers to have a 36 hour turnaround to have to travel and play a Game 1 on the road on Sunday after finishing a tough six game series on Friday night.

then tell me why they’d favor a team that has practically no fan base and zero national following advancing to the finals?

It wasn't. And if that had been us in that situation we'd have been crying foul for a long time. It was a TV driven situation, nothing more. It screwed the Clippers and helped us and that's a lousy way to fix a series for the big So Cal market.

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Or the suspensions served in separate games for Diaw and Amare. So many things David Stern could have done differently.

Or suspend Tim Duncan because he did the exact same thing?

Or Bruce Bowen for trying to injur players by making them land on his feet (he is the dirtiest player in nba history. His entire career was trying to injur the other teams best players. He should be banned from the nba for life)

Or suspend Greg Popovich because he 100% instructed Horry to do what he did?

AZman5103

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
The NBA is rigged and it is a proven fact. It's not just one bad ref. It is no secret the league says things like "we'd really love the WCF to go 6 or 7 games...because it will be so exciting for the fans"

That also includes the refs having it HEAVILY "suggested" to them..."if there is anything you can do to keep the series close...we won't look to hard and will cover your butt"

So refs can't stop a superior team from winning.. and you could still end up with a blowout or a sweep....but you absolutely see quick, tick tack fouls called on stars or key gamelan players...forcing them to the bench.
(Quick, barely there fouls on Crowder and Bridges)

You will see strange, or uncommon calls at key moments when the outcome of the game is at stake. ( all the replays, overturned calls, putting George on the line to ice the game)

You will see things like technical fouls called for nothing....but completely ignored in other instances. (Boogie not getting a tech until after the game. The double techs for no reason. Tyrone Lue not getting a tech for illegal substitution or delay of game)

I do not know a single NBA fan who thinks every game is called objectively and without bias. That is a huge problem for the league...it should be their top priority.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose