Design your #1 WR trade for Cardinals

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I don’t think AJ Green is going to come here at a discount. Many people are saying that he’s a beloved figure in Cincy and said that he’s like to be remembered like Fitz.

I wouldn’t trade an asset for Green either. It’s not going to get us in the playoffs.
He's a free agent though... do you really think he's going to return to a team (or be offered) to a team that's rebuilding and invested a good chunk of coin in Tyler Boyd?

And when I say "do you really think," I'm not calling you dumb or something, I'm just genuinely curious. Maybe I've missed more about his overall commitment to the franchise and their vocal intention to keep him on board.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Considering Dak is going to be a free agent too, they might not have a choice. At the end of the day, they have to keep the QB over a WR.

As far as Green goes, he'll get attention, but that injury issue will push his price down. That's why I want to pursue him. We can patch that hole for a few years at a decent price while we pray that any of our four recent draft picks pans out, or at least get an opportunity to hold off for a couple years before investing something as dramatic as a 1st round pick in one.

It’s pointless keeping Dak without Amari. He’s nothing more than an average QB without him. One will get extended and the other franchised.

They’re okay financially until 2022.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Davante Parker is better than any outside WR we have on our roster right now. Same with Robby Anderson.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
It’s pointless keeping Dak without Amari. He’s nothing more than an average QB without him. One will get extended and the other franchised.

They’re okay financially until 2022.
They have the functional cap space to do it, but it's no guarantee with the way Cooper has played right now. Teams lose guys. We have the cap room to offer.

It's not ideal, but I'd surely take it over wasting more picks and continuing to struggle with young, cheap, talent on this team. The Cowboys have drafted very well over the years, putting them in the position to succeed and not reach out to free agency to replace their busted picks, like we're going to have to do.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
They have the functional cap space to do it, but it's no guarantee with the way Cooper has played right now. Teams lose guys. We have the cap room to offer.

It's not ideal, but I'd surely take it over wasting more picks and continuing to struggle with young, cheap, talent on this team. The Cowboys have drafted very well over the years, putting them in the position to succeed and not reach out to free agency to replace their busted picks, like we're going to have to do.

I could see a team going overboard for Cooper which is what I think Dallas expects and why they’ll tag him. I don’t see anyone going above and beyond for Dak and I think Dallas knows that too. I’m guessing he’ll get something similar or slightly more than Goff.

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
I could see a team going overboard for Cooper which is what I think Dallas expects and why they’ll tag him. I don’t see anyone going above and beyond for Dak and I think Dallas knows that too. I’m guessing he’ll get something similar or slightly more than Goff.
Wow, I could see the Titans, Bucs, Chargers, Broncos, Raiders, Steelers, Redskins, even the Saints interested. Basically anyone with a potential need at QB, and enough wins to not have a chance at a rookie.

Next year could have a ton of QB turnover. I just don't see how the Cowboys let it happen.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
He's a free agent though... do you really think he's going to return to a team (or be offered) to a team that's rebuilding and invested a good chunk of coin in Tyler Boyd?

And when I say "do you really think," I'm not calling you dumb or something, I'm just genuinely curious. Maybe I've missed more about his overall commitment to the franchise and their vocal intention to keep him on board.
Yes. There’s no telling if a team is going to win or lose, and pro athletes don’t care about winning as much as you would think.

By that measure, Larry doesn’t really care about winning. If he did, he’d take less to go play elsewhere. I don’t know why you’d think that AJ Green would make a different decision.

For the Bengals, Tyler Boyd doesn’t get over $10M per year until 2022. Green as a guy who reminds Bengals fans of the good old days is worth more than his production anywhere else.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
Allen Robinson and AJ Green are probably the only options available next year.

If you want to REALLY project, go get Robby Anderson from the Jets.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Robby Anderson is the guy I was thinking of too... I think he would be ideal for Kliff's offense :raccoon:

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Considering Dak is going to be a free agent too, they might not have a choice. At the end of the day, they have to keep the QB over a WR.

As far as Green goes, he'll get attention, but that injury issue will push his price down. That's why I want to pursue him. We can patch that hole for a few years at a decent price while we pray that any of our four recent draft picks pans out, or at least get an opportunity to hold off for a couple years before investing something as dramatic as a 1st round pick in one.

I guess the issue with Green is capspace we don't have enough to trade for him without moving a big contract. When his name first came up it was because people were talking about PP being part of the trade.

Would love to get him in the offseason though

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
Keim isn’t going anywhere.

Right. If he wasn't fired after that debacle last year, there's no chance he gets fired this year after hiring KK and drafting Murray. I think he gets at least another two or three years, unless there's a big collapse.

Last edited:

Solar7

Go Suns
Reaction score
Yes. There’s no telling if a team is going to win or lose, and pro athletes don’t care about winning as much as you would think.

By that measure, Larry doesn’t really care about winning. If he did, he’d take less to go play elsewhere. I don’t know why you’d think that AJ Green would make a different decision.

For the Bengals, Tyler Boyd doesn’t get over $10M per year until 2022. Green as a guy who reminds Bengals fans of the good old days is worth more than his production anywhere else.
They certainly care about legacy and pay, but I just don't see Green as loyal as you do, especially with limited time to go in his career - and I guess my point also was, I don't see the Bengals paying him a ton to stick around. Better to move the money elsewhere in a youth movement.

I guess the issue with Green is capspace we don't have enough to trade for him without moving a big contract. When his name first came up it was because people were talking about PP being part of the trade.

Would love to get him in the offseason though
Oh yeah, I have no interest in trading for him right now, just that I would rather kick the tires on him next offseason depending on what his compensation is going to be. He likely won't be paid like a top 5 WR on account of recurring injury issues.

OP
OP
Arz101

Arz101

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Hmmm,.,, Josh Gordon maybe a FA soon. What will be a good deal to get Gordon on a two-year deal? 2 year 25 million subject to # of games played with 10 million signing bonus?

sr7706

Registered
Reaction score
Why not just draft KM's College teammate with our #1 pick CeeDee Lamb, they hooked up for 1158 yards and 11 TDs last season. Although if we keep winning he'll be gone when we pick...

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Beagleperson