#Braves are getting Ender Inciarte plus for Shelby Miller from #Diamondbacks

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
The #Dbacks send OF Ender Inciarte and others to #Braves in Miller deal, per @Joelsherman1, enabling them to keep Pollock

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Brito can replace some of what Ender provided but I never doubted TLR and Co would keep AJ. I like this move depending on the arms going back.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Losing Blair stings but you have to give up something to get something. Not too hurt about Swanson (who's already got durability questions) and Ender, IMO a high quality 4th outfielder.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks gave up too much. I love Dansby and Blair is going to be good.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nick Piecoro ‏@nickpiecoro
Hearing from multiple sources Ender Inciarte, Aaron Blair and Dansby Swanson are involved in the Shelby Miller deal.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nick Piecoro ‏@nickpiecoro years. He had a 3.02 ERA in 205 1/3 IP this year. He's projected to earn $5M in arbitration.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN
As the process played out, ATL didn't like idea of Swanson as only major piece in Miller deal. Enciarte extremely underrated; they get him.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Losing Blair stings but you have to give up something to get something. Not too hurt about Swanson (who's already got durability questions) and Ender, IMO a high quality 4th outfielder.

A quality 4th OF who was 24th in WAR among MLB outfielders despite playing only 132 games?

Ender was going to be in the outs but he ain't no 4th OF.

Seriously John Hart must get hard every time Stewart calls him.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Eveyone sure is attached to a guy who hadn't done anything for us yet and was part of a pretty crowded infield.

don7031

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Ender Inciarte, Dansby Swanson, and Aaron Blair for Shelby Miller.

The D'backs are in win now mode. What a change a year makes! A rotation of Greinke, Miller, Corbin, Bradley and Godley back up by a good defensive club with run support by one of the league best offenses. Looking pretty damn good on paper.

The internet pundits have already crucified the D'backs for this trade, but prospects are always over valued.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
A quality 4th OF who was 24th in WAR among MLB outfielders despite playing only 132 games?

Ender was going to be in the outs but he ain't no 4th OF.

Seriously John Hart must get hard every time Stewart calls him.

Most of that WAR stat comes from "defensive WAR"... which IMO is one of the least reliable stats there is. Offense is easy to quantify, defense isn't.

Low OBP, low power, iffy steal stats. He is a 4th outfielder, a good one but a 4th OF nonetheless.

I'm not worried that we will miss Ender. Blair on the other hand could haunt us in a couple years.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks absolutely loaded with outfielders, so they can absorb move of Inciarte. Rotation: Greinke, Miller, Corbin, De La Rosa, Ray.

OP
OP
az jam

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bob Nightengale ‏@BNightengale
The #Dbacks will also receive LHP Gabe Speier in the Miller deal, per @SteveGilbertMLB

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Diamondbacks absolutely loaded with outfielders, so they can absorb move of Inciarte. Rotation: Greinke, Miller, Corbin, De La Rosa, Ray.

I dunno, I feel like Collmenter should get another crack at the "Ace" role.

;)

BillsCarnage

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Ok, I didn't follow ATL last year, but how the hell does he go 6-17 with a 3.02 era?? Lack of run support?

A case of Randy Johnson-itis? I know RJ didn't have the loses, but he sure did lose a lot of 1 or 2 run games.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
Most of that WAR stat comes from "defensive WAR"... which IMO is one of the least reliable stats there is. Offense is easy to quantify, defense isn't.

Low OBP, low power, iffy steal stats. He is a 4th outfielder, a good one but a 4th OF nonetheless.

I'm not worried that we will miss Ender. Blair on the other hand could haunt us in a couple years.

bWAR values defense less and it was higher than his fWAR. And since when does defense not matter anyway?

Again there's is no argument at all for Ender being a 4th OF. And his low .OBP is top-25 among OF's. If we gave up on players because of a OBP in the .330's AJ Pollock would've been traded two years.

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

De La Rosa and Ray can easily be interchanged with Bradley, Godley or Anderson. Massive options.

Plus "sources" still say we are close to a deal with Leake.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
bWAR values defense less and it was higher than his fWAR. And since when does defense not matter anyway?

Again there's is no argument at all for Ender being a 4th OF. And his low .OBP is top-25 among OF's. If we gave up on players because of a OBP in the .330's AJ Pollock would've been traded two years.

I'm not saying defense does not matter, I'm saying I don't buy defensive WAR as a reliable stat.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
If Bradley can pitch like he did pre facial injury, this is one of the best rotations in baseball. Team is not messing around.

The only thing keeping us from being a playoff contender is a bullpen with a steady closer.

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
De La Rosa and Ray can easily be interchanged with Bradley, Godley or Anderson. Massive options.

Plus "sources" still say we are close to a deal with Leake.

Diamondbacks are not going after Leake now that they have Miller, this from Jack Magruder.