D'Backs trade for Shelby Miller

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I had Sheiby fantasy baseball before the dbacks got him. I thought is was a good move. Well, I guess I was wrong.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dansby was tough to give up but Isan Diaz looks like the SS of the future. This kid is going to be a stud.

Welp...

Milwaukee Brewers[edit]
On January 30, 2016, Díaz was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers along with Chase Anderson, Aaron Hill, and cash considerations for Jean Segura and Tyler Wagner.[9] Díaz spent the 2016 season with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers of the Class A Midwest League, where he hit .264 with a career high 20 home runs and 75 RBIs.[10][11] He won the Brewers' organization's Minor League Player of the Year Award.[12] He was also selected to play in the Arizona Fall League.[13]

Díaz spent the 2017 season playing for the Carolina Mudcats of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League[14] where he struggled, batting only .222 with 13 home runs and 54 RBIs in 110 games.[15][16]

Miami Marlins[edit]
On January 25, 2018, the Brewers traded Díaz to the Miami Marlins, along with Lewis Brinson, Monte Harrison and Jordan Yamamoto in exchange for Christian Yelich.[17] MLB.com ranked him as Miami's eighth best prospect going into the 2018 season.[18] Diaz began the season with Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp of the Class AA Southern League.[19]

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just read a rumor that MIA was supposedly asking for Corbin, Swanson, Blair, Drury & Enciarte for Fernandez. If there's any truth to the rumor then ARZ did the right thing in going for Miller.

Supposedly, they wanted Pederson, Urias & Corey Seager for Fernandez. Aside from Miller, there hasn't been a good young SP dealt this offseason so maybe the prices are steeper than we think.

In retrospect, would have been a good deal. And Fernandez would be alive...

overseascardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Welp...

Milwaukee Brewers[edit]
On January 30, 2016, Díaz was traded to the Milwaukee Brewers along with Chase Anderson, Aaron Hill, and cash considerations for Jean Segura and Tyler Wagner.[9] Díaz spent the 2016 season with the Wisconsin Timber Rattlers of the Class A Midwest League, where he hit .264 with a career high 20 home runs and 75 RBIs.[10][11] He won the Brewers' organization's Minor League Player of the Year Award.[12] He was also selected to play in the Arizona Fall League.[13]

Díaz spent the 2017 season playing for the Carolina Mudcats of the Class A-Advanced Carolina League[14] where he struggled, batting only .222 with 13 home runs and 54 RBIs in 110 games.[15][16]

Miami Marlins[edit]
On January 25, 2018, the Brewers traded Díaz to the Miami Marlins, along with Lewis Brinson, Monte Harrison and Jordan Yamamoto in exchange for Christian Yelich.[17] MLB.com ranked him as Miami's eighth best prospect going into the 2018 season.[18] Diaz began the season with Jacksonville Jumbo Shrimp of the Class AA Southern League.[19]
Diaz is in Double A, other than Touissant, no other 2014 draft pick in the organization is above A ball.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
So I want to know if he still “deserves” to continue pitching for the dbacks. Subjecting the rest of the team to his disaster isn’t cool.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
So I want to know if he still “deserves” to continue pitching for the dbacks. Subjecting the rest of the team to his disaster isn’t cool.

It brings down the whole team.
Maybe put him in the bullpen and let him do mop up. If he pitches some clean innings let him do more.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Who’s the sick bastard that keeps bumping this thread?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk