Dbacks @ Pirates Series Thread

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
azcentral sports ‏@azcsports 1m1 minute ago
Tony La Russa on entering #Pirates booth: "If you’re going to speak untruths then you’re going to get challenged." http://azc.cc/1P3zemQ

Love it. The Pirates and their fans are the biggest bunch of Whiney little you know what's... I can't wait to watch them collapse in September/October AGAIN

They have led the league in hit batters for several consecutive seasons prior to this one, yet every time one of their guys gets hit it's a national tragedy. It's just comical. Pittsburgh is supposed to be this gritty, tough town yet their baseball team and their fans are as soft as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

frankeegee1

All Star
Reaction score
Well, I'm ready to see how all these first round pitchers that we drafted the last couple of years can do. Bring them on, if we haven't traded them away. ☺️

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

DWKB

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, I'm ready to see how all these first round pitchers that we drafted the last couple of years can do. Bring them on, if we haven't traded them away. ☺️

Sent from my DROID Turbo using Tapatalk

Shipley and Bradley are about all we got even close to MLB right now. We traded Blair and Toussaint.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
Blair looked great in the minors, but was not so good when brought up. He would be still be a possible call up later. Toussaint is 19, not pitching well in single A and a couple of years away from a shot in the majors. It may be a little early but I would have liked to see Shipley get a shot.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Love it. The Pirates and their fans are the biggest bunch of Whiney little you know what's... I can't wait to watch them collapse in September/October AGAIN

They have led the league in hit batters for several consecutive seasons prior to this one, yet every time one of their guys gets hit it's a national tragedy. It's just comical. Pittsburgh is supposed to be this gritty, tough town yet their baseball team and their fans are as soft as it gets.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tony LaRussa is an arrogant douche that should get fined by baseball for his idiocy.

Wow, I came on here to laugh with you guys about how much of an ******* LaRussa is, and am pretty surprised at all the vitriol aimed at my Buccos. Before I get into it, I'll first let you all know that Greg Brown is one of the classiest individuals in broadcasting. He didn't say a thing out of line, and was half complimenting the guy originally, and has handled the whole situation with a ton of tact and class. LaRussa screwed up and knew it, so he went to the media to bluster and cover up for it. This is probably the most classless thing you can do. It's roughly akin to Greg Brown storming into a scouts meeting and calling LaRussa out. I mean, it's 100 percent indefensible.

As for the rest, no, the Pirates aren't dirty. The Pirates pitch inside more than any other team, and yes, consistently hit batters because of this. I understand we hurt Goldy pretty bad the one time, and there's bad blood because of it. I can't fault the D-Backs for being upset because of it. Of course, you all fail to remember the gutless retaliation it caused against Cutch, but whatever. Everyone views their teams through rose-colored glasses, so I suppose we're the villains and you lot never did anything wrong. I can half understand that.

As for recently, I couldn't believe we'd go after two batters and hit them in the head. Not against you lot, of all teams (the only worse one would probably have been the Reds). Then, when I heard what had actually happened, I understood. The guy was pitching wild, more than likely because he was injured--he went immediately onto the DL after the game. It clearly wasn't intentional. Anyway, I'm not sure if you guys retaliated. If so, it was likely done in the proper manner, because it didn't make headlines.

Lastly, I have to tip my hat to those talking about how we collapse in the playoffs. Yep, can't really deny that. It's what happens when you're constantly in the wild card game and not winning your division. But, you know, I bet it would feel good to at least be in the playoffs ;)

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Tony LaRussa is an arrogant douche that should get fined by baseball for his idiocy.

Wow, I came on here to laugh with you guys about how much of an ******* LaRussa is, and am pretty surprised at all the vitriol aimed at my Buccos. Before I get into it, I'll first let you all know that Greg Brown is one of the classiest individuals in broadcasting. He didn't say a thing out of line, and was half complimenting the guy originally, and has handled the whole situation with a ton of tact and class. LaRussa screwed up and knew it, so he went to the media to bluster and cover up for it. This is probably the most classless thing you can do. It's roughly akin to Greg Brown storming into a scouts meeting and calling LaRussa out. I mean, it's 100 percent indefensible.

As for the rest, no, the Pirates aren't dirty. The Pirates pitch inside more than any other team, and yes, consistently hit batters because of this. I understand we hurt Goldy pretty bad the one time, and there's bad blood because of it. I can't fault the D-Backs for being upset because of it. Of course, you all fail to remember the gutless retaliation it caused against Cutch, but whatever. Everyone views their teams through rose-colored glasses, so I suppose we're the villains and you lot never did anything wrong. I can half understand that.

As for recently, I couldn't believe we'd go after two batters and hit them in the head. Not against you lot, of all teams (the only worse one would probably have been the Reds). Then, when I heard what had actually happened, I understood. The guy was pitching wild, more than likely because he was injured--he went immediately onto the DL after the game. It clearly wasn't intentional. Anyway, I'm not sure if you guys retaliated. If so, it was likely done in the proper manner, because it didn't make headlines.

Lastly, I have to tip my hat to those talking about how we collapse in the playoffs. Yep, can't really deny that. It's what happens when you're constantly in the wild card game and not winning your division. But, you know, I bet it would feel good to at least be in the playoffs ;)

uhh... Way to just gloss over the details there, bud.

You feel attacked and the need to come defend your team (understandable) but don't act like the posters here are wrong for thinking the pirates are dirty.

2013 broke hills hand
2014 broke goldys hand
2016 hit Ahmed and segura in the head.

At some point this stops being a coincidence

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score

You feel attacked and the need to come defend your team (understandable) but don't act like the posters here are wrong for thinking the pirates are dirty.

2013 broke hills hand
2014 broke goldys hand

Agreed - check out my first post in this thread. The Pirates are the dirtiest team in baseball. When you have your pitchers throw at people's heads on purpose, you are dirty. Under Hurdle, the Pirates have turned into a dirty staff.

Hurdle should not be allowed to manage a team.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Agreed - check out my first post in this thread. The Pirates are the dirtiest team in baseball. When you have your pitchers throw at people's heads on purpose, you are dirty. Under Hurdle, the Pirates have turned into a dirty staff.

+1.

I was sick we just took it. This team needs some fire.

Stout

Reaction score

2013 broke hills hand
2014 broke goldys hand

Glossing over? As in you guys have just 100 percent put the black hat on my team and pretty much named them Satan incarnate? Glossing over would be to ignore that, instead of retaliating like normal, a team would wait until late in a game, pitch outside, then come inside on a helpless hitter (hello Cutch retaliation).

I completely understand that D-Backs fans would have a ton of vitriol for the Buccos. I probably would were the situation reversed. Like I felt about the Reds with that scumbag Chapman throwing at heads. Like I felt when the Cubs took out Jung Ho last year. I understand it; I just don't fully agree with it.

Like I said, we insist on pitching inside, and batters insist on protecting the inside of the plate. This is going to mean a ton of hit batters. Yeah, I'm sure our pitchers have specifically targeted a batter here or there, just like every other team in the league. I'm not glossing over that. Let's also remember that we have the most hit batter over the past couple of seasons--Starling Marte. But nah, the PIRATES are the only ones that hit batters lol

Lol Jon, you're trying to reference your own post as if it is the word of God. It's not.

You're being grossly irresponsible, saying the Bucs are throwing at people's heads on purpose. The pitcher was clearly having control issues, as evinced by the fact he ended up on the DL immediately after the game. We've had bullpen issues all season long, and this highlights the issue. I understand that, because of past hate, you WANT to believe it was on purpose, but that's just skewed logic.

You guys think I have skewed opinions but, again, the Pirates are not Satan incarnate. This post actually made me laugh. Hurdle shouldn't be allowed to manage a team? You CLEARLY only pay attention to the Pirates when they're playing the D-Backs.

Stout

Reaction score
And, lost in the shuffle is the real reason I came to this thread: Tony LaRussa. What he did lacked class, showed him as a hotheaded moron, and he should garner a huge fine and further action from MLB for what he did. It is an unforgivable act. This is aside from considerations of Greg Brown, who is a class individual who did and said NOTHING to warrant such a bully move. Again, Brown should just bust into LaRussa's office during a scouts meeting or something, as that's EXACTLY the level of stupidity LaRussa indulged in.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Glossing over? As in you guys have just 100 percent put the black hat on my team and pretty much named them Satan incarnate? Glossing over would be to ignore that, instead of retaliating like normal, a team would wait until late in a game, pitch outside, then come inside on a helpless hitter (hello Cutch retaliation).

I completely understand that D-Backs fans would have a ton of vitriol for the Buccos. I probably would were the situation reversed. Like I felt about the Reds with that scumbag Chapman throwing at heads. Like I felt when the Cubs took out Jung Ho last year. I understand it; I just don't fully agree with it.

Like I said, we insist on pitching inside, and batters insist on protecting the inside of the plate. This is going to mean a ton of hit batters. Yeah, I'm sure our pitchers have specifically targeted a batter here or there, just like every other team in the league. I'm not glossing over that. Let's also remember that we have the most hit batter over the past couple of seasons--Starling Marte. But nah, the PIRATES are the only ones that hit batters lol

Lol Jon, you're trying to reference your own post as if it is the word of God. It's not.

You're being grossly irresponsible, saying the Bucs are throwing at people's heads on purpose. The pitcher was clearly having control issues, as evinced by the fact he ended up on the DL immediately after the game. We've had bullpen issues all season long, and this highlights the issue. I understand that, because of past hate, you WANT to believe it was on purpose, but that's just skewed logic.

You guys think I have skewed opinions but, again, the Pirates are not Satan incarnate. This post actually made me laugh. Hurdle shouldn't be allowed to manage a team? You CLEARLY only pay attention to the Pirates when they're playing the D-Backs.

You can't be serious. You are aware that the Pirates lead baseball with HBP since 2010 (at least, I didn't care to look any further than that) and were number 1 In the league in 13 14 and 15. Don't you think marte's HBP might have sometning to do with that? Did you not know your team hit that many batters? Let's not play the victim card here, no excuse now that you know the numbers.

And now WE are the cowards because we hit cutch? you're so lost its unreal. How was he any more defenseless than goldy? You know that was payback for hitting goldy right? So we hit cutch in the last game of the series. So? It was retaliation, you guys had it coming.

Your team is lucky our 2016 team is run by a coward, because cutch woulda had a fastball buried in his ribs if you pulled that 2 HBP in the head BS with any other respectable team.

unseenaz

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
+1.

I was sick we just took it. This team needs some fire.

Idk if it speaks to the manager more or the lack of brotherhood on the team more. Interesting how this all went down without the teams spirit Peralta. I wonder if he would have influenced anything different.

This team DOES lack fire. Another thing we lost with Swanson. That kid loves to win, he reminds me of Eric Hosmer in the way he gets fired up. Peralta can't rally the troops by himself

Stout

Reaction score
You can't be serious. You are aware that the Pirates lead baseball with HBP since 2010 (at least, I didn't care to look any further than that) and were number 1 In the league in 13 14 and 15. Don't you think marte's HBP might have sometning to do with that? Did you not know your team hit that many batters? Let's not play the victim card here, no excuse now that you know the numbers.

And now WE are the cowards because we hit cutch? you're so lost its unreal. How was he any more defenseless than goldy? You know that was payback for hitting goldy right? So we hit cutch in the last game of the series. So? It was retaliation, you guys had it coming.

Your team is lucky our 2016 team is run by a coward, because cutch woulda had a fastball buried in his ribs if you pulled that 2 HBP in the head BS with any other respectable team.

Hmm, let's see. Goldy was hit on an inside pitch, and he wasn't targeted for injury. I'll call BS on anyone that would like to try to lay THAT evil on Frieri (sp?). Anyway, if you're going to retaliate, you don't wait until the NINTH inning of the NEXT game, pitch OUTSIDE to make it look as if you're NOT going to plunk the player, then come back and hit them. THAT is purposeful, pre-planned, and in no way defensible. I didn't want to go full-out in reminding you lot about that but, well, the myopic D-Backs fans here pretty much demanded I did. If you don't believe me, well, here's a nice reminder:

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-b...yb21tBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNzcg--

Like Cutch said after the game:

"They had all game to retaliate. They had the first inning to retaliate. They had the first pitch (of the ninth inning at-bat) to retaliate. They missed. You throw a slider on the second pitch and then you throw up and in on the next pitch. Are you trying to hurt me too? That's the question.

"We understand that retaliation is going to happen in this game. But you know, there's a right way to do it," McCutchen added. "If you're going to hit me, hit me. He hit me square in the spine. If I get hurt, what happens then?"

It's no wonder the pitcher was chucked without warning after that. It was a coward's move, and a cowardly staff's call. You come out in the first inning and nail Cutch in the meat of the back or in his ass? No worries, because that's normal retaliation. You come out and pull this kind of crap? Your team and fans get ZERO leeway to bitch and moan. You cannot have it both ways.

As for the rest, I know we lead the league in hit batters, and yes, there's a great reason for reading past that--which I've typed ad nauseum: we pitch inside and won't shy away from it. That's not dirty in and of itself; it's an insistence on pitching to all parts of the plate. And it's extremely effective. Yes, it leads to hit batters, but it also makes batters think and backs them off.

I think any rational person would recognize we weren't actively trying to take Goldy out. I hated that he got hurt, as did the Pirates, I imagine, but it happened. Pitching inside hits batters. As I said, the way the COWARDLY D-Backs retaliated wasn't as cut and dried as you lot like to think.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I will probably get flamed for this from all my fellow DBack fans, but there is no way in hell Frieri (sp) tried to hit Goldy with the Bucs winning 9-4 in the 9th inning. The guy just had control issues. It makes not sense for him to try to hurt Goldy in the situation.

Stout

Reaction score
I will probably get flamed for this from all my fellow DBack fans, but there is no way in hell Frieri (sp) tried to hit Goldy with the Bucs winning 9-4 in the 9th inning. The guy just had control issues. It makes not sense for him to try to hurt Goldy in the situation.

+1

That isn't to say it didn't happen, or that Frieri, with control issues, probably shouldn't have been trying to paint the inside corner. I hate that Goldy got hurt, and everyone from the Bucs to Pittsburgh fans expressed the same sentiments at the time. And that doesn't mean we didn't deserve some immediate, or beginning of the next game, straightforward retribution. The situation clearly wasn't handled well, though.

coyoteshockeyfan

Fool In The Rain
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Pitching inside" is a pretty comical understatement as a way to describe beaning guys in the face, ending the seasons of star hitters, and continually leading the league in hit batters.

Stout

Reaction score
"Pitching inside" is a pretty comical understatement as a way to describe beaning guys in the face, ending the seasons of star hitters, and continually leading the league in hit batters.

No, it's a pretty accurate statement. And we just had a pitcher get hit in the face while batting, breaking facial bones, and have the league leader in being hit over the past several seasons on our team. I'm not running around screaming about it, going nuts, saying it's dirty and they're being targeted. It's part of the game. Goldy's injury was a sad side effect of an accident--even your own fan recognizes that--that everyone from the team to the broadcasters to myself wishes didn't happen.

I mean, there's a simple solution to all this, because though many teams and pitching staffs are wusses and afraid of controversy, you ARE allowed to pitch inside: back off the plate if you don't want hit :shrug: Batters don't own the plate; it's a constant struggle.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Stout,,, I went over the top with hyperbole, I can totally admit that. I didn't mean disrespect to you specifically, as I had no idea you had such a flawed character as to be a fan of the Pirates. :p I"m totally kidding.

But even you went into detail proving once again that Bucs fans are the true glasses wearers because for some reason the Pirates fans seem to think their team never does anything wrong and even when you are put in a corner with clear facts like two pitches to the head, Pirates fans tend to make lame excuses. (Oh that guys just wild!) cmon man... It's never that your guys like to hit people, it's just that you never want anyone to retaliate or call you on it because for some reason the pirates are untouchable.

The Dbacks hit mccutcheon because you guys had simply pushed us too far by INJURING two of our key players. It wasn't a baseball play it was payback, that's 100% true, and I wasn't crazy about it but I completely understood the Dbacks frustration, something Pirates fans seem to conveniently forget. Details details.... Your guys like to brag about your hard nosed pitchers going after everyone so, Pirates players, man up and don't cry when you get paid back. Seriously I dont understand how you guys are still butthurt about that when you had literally taken out our two best hitters. Did anyone from the Pirates ever apologize for putting Hill and Goldy out that year? If the Pirates didn't like it they could have settled it on the field but instead them and their media clowns play the role of the poor little victims which is a joke and you should know it. But hey you guys have plenty of excuses for why none of that was dirty it's just good baseball, but it's only good baseball when the Pirates hit people, when anyone retaliates, they are dirty and Pirates fans call into our local sports teams and drop the same lame smack talk you are doing now. It's that entitled mentality, that because the Pirates have a good team, which you do, that somehow negates anything negative they do.

The fact that pirates fans are so defensive about this topic really tells me everything I need to know.

Try not to take it too personally. You say yourself that you understand why we would be mad, then you lambaste us for being mad. Because the Pirates are apparently baseball royalty.

You and I are movie bashing friends, so lets not let this ruin our pseudo friendship. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
Stout,,, I went over the top with hyperbole, I can totally admit that. I didn't mean disrespect to you specifically, as I had no idea you had such a flawed character as to be a fan of the Pirates. :p I"m totally kidding.

But even you went into detail proving once again that Bucs fans are the true glasses wearers because for some reason the Pirates fans seem to think their team never does anything wrong and even when you are put in a corner with clear facts like two pitches to the head, Pirates fans tend to make lame excuses. (Oh that guys just wild!) cmon man... It's never that your guys like to hit people, it's just that you never want anyone to retaliate or call you on it because for some reason the pirates are untouchable.

The Dbacks hit mccutcheon because you guys had simply pushed us too far by INJURING two of our key players. It wasn't a baseball play it was payback, that's 100% true, and I wasn't crazy about it but I completely understood the Dbacks frustration, something Pirates fans seem to conveniently forget. Details details.... Your guys like to brag about your hard nosed pitchers going after everyone so, Pirates players, man up and don't cry when you get paid back. Seriously I dont understand how you guys are still butthurt about that when you had literally taken out our two best hitters. Did anyone from the Pirates ever apologize for putting Hill and Goldy out that year? If the Pirates didn't like it they could have settled it on the field but instead them and their media clowns play the role of the poor little victims which is a joke and you should know it. But hey you guys have plenty of excuses for why none of that was dirty it's just good baseball, but it's only good baseball when the Pirates hit people, when anyone retaliates, they are dirty and Pirates fans call into our local sports teams and drop the same lame smack talk you are doing now. It's that entitled mentality, that because the Pirates have a good team, which you do, that somehow negates anything negative they do.

The fact that pirates fans are so defensive about this topic really tells me everything I need to know.

Try not to take it too personally. You say yourself that you understand why we would be mad, then you lambaste us for being mad. Because the Pirates are apparently baseball royalty.

You and I are movie bashing friends, so lets not let this ruin our pseudo friendship. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

:thumbup:

I mean, I don't agree with all you say, Bert, but I do love ya :)

Never said we do no wrong, just that we aren't the mustache-twirling black hatted villains yinz are making us out to be. The problem with the Cutch play was that they waited until the next game, waited a full nine innings, and then did it in such a way as to clearly and with obvious intent purposefully target to injure. Way, way different ball game. And yes, I'll defend the wild pitcher that hit two guys in the head, because he was wild and injured and immediately went on the DL. Should he have been yanked after the first instance? Absolutely. Was he 'targeting the head'. Hell, if THAT guy was targeting the head that night, I guarantee you the last thing he would have hit would be the guy's HEAD lol

As for the main topic, LaDoucha, I guess the silence is telling ;)

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:thumbup:

I mean, I don't agree with all you say, Bert, but I do love ya :)

Never said we do no wrong, just that we aren't the mustache-twirling black hatted villains yinz are making us out to be. The problem with the Cutch play was that they waited until the next game, waited a full nine innings, and then did it in such a way as to clearly and with obvious intent purposefully target to injure. Way, way different ball game. And yes, I'll defend the wild pitcher that hit two guys in the head, because he was wild and injured and immediately went on the DL. Should he have been yanked after the first instance? Absolutely. Was he 'targeting the head'. Hell, if THAT guy was targeting the head that night, I guarantee you the last thing he would have hit would be the guy's HEAD lol

As for the main topic, LaDoucha, I guess the silence is telling ;)

It would hurt so bad to get hit in the head.

You're probably right it's just given the history between both teams, I'm sure its hard for fans on either side to buy the oops excuse anymore, even though accidents really do happen. In this case I will buy it because I have nothin but respect for you plus I know you know your stuff and you clearly know your team.

I still hate the pirates but I hate 1 less of their fans. :) And I will be more aware of me calling the entire fanbase names. The Dbacks just piss me off so much I have to lash out at someone ya know!

Let me see if I understand what happened correctly: The Pitt radio or TV guys said something like; teams like the Cardinals, A's and a few others always had the mentality that you retaliate so I guess we can expect something.

I'm paraphrasing, but it was something to that effect. Which apparently caused TLR to go over 9000 and kick down the door on the booth, lol. But it did sound like it was between innings and it wasn't live, but man I wish it had been just because it woulda been hilarious I really want to hear what was actually said. lol

I dont know why TLR did that. The initial story I heard was that the Pitt broadcasters were saying the diamondbacks were dirty, during that whole game, and then when he made that remark about retaliating TLR lost it.

Obviously, that should have been handled better. But you gotta understand how much flak the Diamondbacks took nationally about hitting Cutch. We're still getting called dirty for that 1 incident. I mean, I get that the timing was terrible, but we still most definitely owed you guys one so he put one in the middle of cutches side, hardly an intent to injure plunk. Suddenly every crybaby in the media started whining about how the poor little pirates didn't deserve what the meanie guts Diamondbacks did to poor Andrew. Those bullies! It was just such over the top criticism of an act that is super common in Baseball and has been for a century.

We were all like; REALLY? Are you guys freaking serious? We are the team that everyone is going to freak out about this?

So yeah, we got made the bad guy while we really felt like you guys were the bad guys. In reality both sides are wrong but screw reality, that's not any fun. You filthy Pirate go Shiver some Timbers or something!

Last edited:

Stout

Reaction score
It would hurt so bad to get hit in the head.

You're probably right it's just given the history between both teams, I'm sure its hard for fans on either side to buy the oops excuse anymore, even though accidents really do happen. In this case I will buy it because I have nothin but respect for you plus I know you know your stuff and you clearly know your team.

I still hate the pirates but I hate 1 less of their fans. :) And I will be more aware of me calling the entire fanbase names. The Dbacks just piss me off so much I have to lash out at someone ya know!

Let me see if I understand what happened correctly: The Pitt radio or TV guys said something like; teams like the Cardinals, A's and a few others always had the mentality that you retaliate so I guess we can expect something.

I'm paraphrasing, but it was something to that effect. Which apparently caused TLR to go over 9000 and kick down the door on the booth, lol. But it did sound like it was between innings and it wasn't live, but man I wish it had been just because it woulda been hilarious I really want to hear what was actually said. lol

I dont know why TLR did that. The initial story I heard was that the Pitt broadcasters were saying the diamondbacks were dirty, during that whole game, and then when he made that remark about retaliating TLR lost it.

Obviously, that should have been handled better. But you gotta understand how much flak the Diamondbacks took nationally about hitting Cutch. We're still getting called dirty for that 1 incident. I mean, I get that the timing was terrible, but we still most definitely owed you guys one so he put one in the middle of cutches side, hardly an intent to injure plunk. Suddenly every crybaby in the media started whining about how the poor little pirates didn't deserve what the meanie guts Diamondbacks did to poor Andrew. Those bullies! It was just such over the top criticism of an act that is super common in Baseball and has been for a century.

We were all like; REALLY? Are you guys freaking serious? We are the team that everyone is going to freak out about this?

So yeah, we got made the bad guy while we really felt like you guys were the bad guys. In reality both sides are wrong but screw reality, that's not any fun. You filthy Pirate go Shiver some Timbers or something!

Haha, you're a fantastic poster, my friend! The LaRussa thing wasn't Greg Brown talking smack on the D-Backs. The guy's so mild mannered I get incredibly angry with him when we're losing like a jillion to nothing and he's STILL being upbeat and positive about our chances, or when the other team is doing something fishy and he glosses over it. He's that kind of nice guy. No, he mentioned how LaRussa, at every team he's managed, has been known as a coach that insists on retaliation. It was a plain statement of fact, because, as Khaleesi's sidekicks on Game of Thrones would say about LaRussa, "It is known." It wasn't even an indictment of LaRussa, more of a nod to his grit. And yeah, LaRussa came in during live TV.

Wow, I didn't realize mainstream media vilified the D-Backs so bad for that incident. I understand the hate around here a bit more, then. I get why it happened, though--it was the method of retaliation and not that they retaliated against Cutch. Geez,

Anyway, it's all good, Bert. Good luck the rest of the season.