Dbacks @ Pirates Series Thread

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
BTW, the Pirates have the bases loaded with one out in the bottom of the first... We of course went down in order to start the game. :bang:

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Every time I trash Needsmeds he gtes a hit.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Every time I trash Needsmeds he gtes a hit.

Ahmed now 10 for last 25

Was thinking... I bet Chip put him up at the top of the lineup in hopes that he would see more fastballs. At the bottom of the lineup, pitchers would have no problem throwing junk to him...but at the top, they might not be as willing to risk putting him on base via a walk, with our better hitters to follow.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Was thinking... I bet Chip put him up at the top of the lineup in hopes that he would see more fastballs. At the bottom of the lineup, pitchers would have no problem throwing junk to him...but at the top, they might not be as willing to risk putting him on base via a walk, with our better hitters to follow.

Maybe. Man if he could only hang around 225-235.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And send whom to the bench when Peralta returns?

Drury...... .300
Owings.... .293
Lamb...... .275

Ahmed.... .208

Goldy.....:bang:

They say we need his D. I'm just saying not at 208. Maybe 225 range.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Goldy.....:bang:

They say we need his D. I'm just saying not at 208. Maybe 225 range.
I appreciate your point of view. But either Segura or Owings returning to SS when Peralta returns are good fielding Major League shortstops. I would not like to see Drury lose playing time to a .225 hitter. Even if Ahmed has one or two decent, short hitting streaks per season, as he is right now.

AZ Native

Living is Easy with Eyes Closed
Reaction score
I appreciate your point of view. But either Segura or Owings returning to SS when Peralta returns are good fielding Major League shortstops. I would not like to see Drury lose playing time to a .225 hitter. Even if Ahmed has one or two decent, short hitting streaks per season, as he is right now.

I too like Drury, but Ahmed is so great in the field. If it were me, I would start Segura at SS and Drury at 2B and CO and Ahmed as subs. But in all fairness, Hale has some tough choices to make. It is so easy to second guess (as I do), but Chip has to live or die with his decisions.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

I want him gone. They keep saying during the games he's so good at SS he's worth it. I would move him personally.

Dude

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Good hit. Throw inside after hitting him in the head.

Punks.

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2nd and 3rd, one out, can't get another run in.

Typical for this season.