Daryl Washington suspended for first four games

Jake6233

All Star
Reaction score
Darren Urban ‏@Cardschatter 4m
NFL suspends #AzCards LB Daryl Washington first four games of 2013 regular season for violating league’s substance abuse policy.

Well this sucks

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
well that truly blows

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I guess know we know why they are bring another LB in for a visit.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Such is the life of a Cardinal fan. All kinds of excitement over getting Palmer and the NEXT ^%$(*&) Day this comes out.

Now we know why they're talking to that ILB.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet 1m
It's not a PED suspension for Washington RT @cblack315 @RapSheet what type of violation does this mean? drugs/alcohol? PEDs?

I think we should ban Desert Dawg since it had to be his influence. :D

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Per PFT this may be his 3rd time getting popped.

"Daryl Washington 4-game suspension under substance-abuse policy means he violated policy multiple times, usually at least three."

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Per PFT this may be his 3rd time getting popped.

"Daryl Washington 4-game suspension under substance-abuse policy means he violated policy multiple times, usually at least three."

wtf?? did Richard Dumas reincarnate and come play for Cards??

NJCardFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Note that it is not for Performance Enhancing Drugs. Violated league’s substance abuse policy. He got popped for Pot or another illegal drug.

He fully admits it as well in his statements on the main website.

http://www.azcardinals.com/news-and...d-By-NFL/4633f876-1a18-4c70-a3d7-05b79c327e81

Then I have no sympathy. He knows smoking weed is illegal in most states and that it is a banned substance in the league but he chose to put himself ahead of his teammates. Good move D-Wash. I'd cut him.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Cards knew about the previous unreported drug fails and knew he was in the program prior to his new contract. I wonder if there was any wording in the deal where Washington losses money if he got caught again. Just like the wording that was in Eric Wrights contract when he lost money for being suspended. He filed a grievance for it by the way and he lost.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
id never cut the guy on it - thats extreme but ****....we are in trouble. without dwash we have a D-rating at best at LB.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Brilliant idea. Especially before trying to get him some drug counseling to rectify the situation.

:doi:

I wouldn't cut him either, that's just silly. But if he was suspended for 4 games it means he was already in the program and already forced to go to mandatory drug/alcohol counseling or education of some sort.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
I wouldn't cut him either, that's just silly. But if he was suspended for 4 games it means he was already in the program and already forced to go to mandatory drug/alcohol counseling or education of some sort.

I question the efficacy of those programs. However, falling flat on his face by being suspended four game and losing some game checks will have him thinking twice before taking a bong hit and motivate him find the best help possible.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jdndndn