Darnell Dockett trolls Raiders fans from the sideline

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Says who? Not guys from those Pacer teams. Oh that's right some guy sitting behind a key board. Yeah Reggie Miller a hall of famer one of the most clutch players in the history of his sport and Darnell Docket a guy who had poured his heart and soul into this team for a decade and Future ring of honor lock are clearly not "leaders"

Let...it...go

Oh man pressure situation game on the line hey Dale Davis get ready it's coming to you big fella.

It's clear we have a different set of expectations of a "leader".
To be clear, I never said DD isn't a leader on this team. He is.
As for Miller, unless you can post actual quotes from his teammates that support your case for him being leader, I'll continue to believe that he was merely a very good, often times clutch player...and nothing more - certainly not a leader.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
funny that people are upset with dockett over this. Grasping for reasons to dislike the man.

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Hey, Warren Sapp once flipped me off because I told him, as he was leaving the field, he was too fat and might have a heart attack someday.

And, I was trying to HELP the guy! :D

That's nothin'. My dad and I were down on the field before a Chiefs game and I turned around just in time for Ernie Ladd to run me over (actually, I just kind of bounced off his leg). He didn't even stop to see if I was OK. I was around 10 years old and thought it was awesome. My brother was so jealous.

Last edited:

Hollywood

is part black.
Reaction score
Mesa, Arizona, USA, Planet Earth, Milky Way Galaxy
I never mentioned any "unwritten rule"... It's all a matter of tastes and perception. My view remains as I've stated here. You would never see guys like Brady, Manning, Montana, Walter Payton, Rice, Fitz, etc...stoop to this level.
My view is that "leaders" should remain above this type of juvenile provocation. It doesn't matter what the fans said or did. I can guarantee DD has heard it before - this wasn't the first time he's been heckled and it certainly won't be the last. All players receive their share of jabs and heckling... Often the attacks go way beyond normal ribbing. I can't even begin to imagine what it would be like if every player took the approach Dockett took... He essentially fed the beasts..real leaders don't feed the beasts, they simply kick-ass and quietly get out of Dodge...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Funny thing about this. I like to talk trash...especially to the players. I keep it PG because you never know who has their kids around but I don't have a problem being creative. From what I have read the fans in oakland were saying stuff about their mothers. I won't do that. Family is off limits. My cousin used to come to the games with me and he had the same attitude as me.

That being said Jerry Rice once turned around and told us to "suck my d**k" I don't remember specifically what we were saying to him. Probably something about him playing for the raiders and being old. It wasn't a big deal to us that he said that. In fact we got a kick out of it. Once they respond you know that you are in their head.

So, if you would like to believe that these guys are 'above that' go ahead. Just know that I was there when one of these guys wasn't. And I might point out that the sign 90 put up wasn't profane but the legendary HOFer jerry rice was.

Also, our seats at SDS were on the 15 yard line. Jerry had to come down to us to even be in ear shot. Doc was at the bench....basically where he and the rest of the team were supposed to be.

Last edited:

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Once an ass clown always an ass clown. One of FSU's by products.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Funny thing about this. I like to talk trash...especially to the players. I keep it PG because you never know who has their kids around but I don't have a problem being creative. From what I have read the fans in oakland were saying stuff about their mothers. I won't do that. Family is off limits. My cousin used to come to the games with me and he had the same attitude as me.

That being said Jerry Rice once turned around and told us to "suck my d**k" I don't remember specifically what we were saying to him. Probably something about him playing for the raiders and being old. It wasn't a big deal to us that he said that. In fact we got a kick out of it. Once they respond you know that you are in their head.

So, if you would like to believe that these guys are 'above that' go ahead. Just know that I was there when one of these guys wasn't. And I might point out that the sign 90 put up wasn't profane but the legendary HOFer jerry rice was.

Also, our seats at SDS were on the 15 yard line. Jerry had to come down to us to even be in ear shot. Doc was at the bench....basically where he and the rest of the team were supposed to be.

And then ntalking about mothers - docketts mother was murdered. I would talk trash back as well. Especially being bored on the sideline on IR.

Once an ass clown always an ass clown. One of FSU's by products.

Yeah, light hearted humor in responce to vulgar taunting is a very assclown thing to do.

Finito

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Peyton Manning yelling at the Denver fans to shut up.

Man that Denver team needs a leader

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Anyone with photoshop skills ought to photoshop different things in that whiteboard

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think it's dumb to rip Dock. We're a team that in the past just rolled over. Dock has lost more than he's won in his career with us. Yet he provides an attitude for our team and we need that.

There's a reason BA said he wanted Dock on the sideline for all our games when he could be rehabbing. BA can be a cold **** but he explicitly said he wants Dockett on our sidelines, home and away. That reason is attitude and commitment to our Cardinals. Dock has a pride and commitment in the Cardinals that you can't fake.

Last edited:

Redneck Voodoo

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I think it's dumb to rip Dock. We're a team that in the past just rolled over. Dock has lost more than he's won in his career with us. Yet he provides an attitude for our team and we need that.

There's a reason BA said he wanted Dock on the sideline for all our games when he could be rehabbing. BA can be a cold **** but he explicitly said he wants Dockett on our sidelines, home and away. That reason is attitude and commitment to our Cardinals. Dock has a pride and commitment in the Cardinals that you can't fake.

Like!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ConpiracyCard