Dansby Extenstion talks not looking good.

AZHEAD

Reaction score
Letting Dansby go would be a huge mistake. Only seven tackles seperate him from the top five in the league in tackles. I have no doubt that had Dansby played a complete game he would have had more than that. If the Cardinals let him go then it will be the same thing all over again. I am tired of seeing the team let players go only to have them go to another team and look like superstars.

Jay Cardinal

Die Hard Cardinals Fan
Reaction score
You're right, AJ, Beisel isn't the blitzer that Dansby is...otherwise the drop off isn't all that much at WILB. Beisel had 10 tackles...and boy did he fill some holes rather quickly, didn't he? And he has pretty decent range.

Is Besiel the long term answer? No.

Could he be a short term answer with a solid draft pick behind him for a year? Quite possibly.

Regardless...Dansby isn't any good to anyone on the sidelines. And that's an issue with him, whether one wants to deny that or not.

I agree with Mitch's view. I thought Biesel played a great game and the drop off was not noticable. The ILB position is setup to make a lot of plays in this offense. The play of Dockett and Watson make sure of it.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I agree with Mitch's view. I thought Biesel played a great game and the drop off was not noticable. The ILB position is setup to make a lot of plays in this offense. The play of Dockett and Watson make sure of it.

I don't agree at all. Especially the part about Dansby being inconsistent. The guy has come to play every time I've watched him.

You want to talk about inconsistent play look at the fellow wearing #24.

Finally, just for the record, this is the 3rd season out of the last 4 that a guy named Boldin has been unable to suit up for all 16 games. Anybody want to let Q go to another team?

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You're right, AJ, Beisel isn't the blitzer that Dansby is...otherwise the drop off isn't all that much at WILB. Beisel had 10 tackles...and boy did he fill some holes rather quickly, didn't he? And he has pretty decent range.

Could he be a short term answer with a solid draft pick behind him for a year? Quite possibly.

Regardless...Dansby isn't any good to anyone on the sidelines. And that's an issue with him, whether one wants to deny that or not.

Beisel was all over the field and in on almost every play. He was the leading tackler and was putting pressure on the QB quite often. Truthfully, he was the only member of the defense who was still playing hard at the end of the game.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Letting Dansby go would be a huge mistake. Only seven tackles seperate him from the top five in the league in tackles. I have no doubt that had Dansby played a complete game he would have had more than that. If the Cardinals let him go then it will be the same thing all over again. I am tired of seeing the team let players go only to have them go to another team and look like superstars.

That is old news and hasn't happened in the past 3 years. The Cards have been resigning their top players on a regular basis.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Talk about moot! Wilson turned in a Pro Bowl year. Has Dansby? Applying the term consistent to Dansby's play is a major stretch. This year was the exception for 5 games...but now he's hurt again.

We all see Dansby's talent, cheese...so noone is going to shred him on that count...however, even the front office must have real reservations about him because they haven't shown him the money the way they have with Dockett and Hayes.

which only further exasperates me considering how wildly inconsistent Dockett was before he got his extension and how much of a relative non-factor Hayes is and has been compared to Dansby.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Mitch, coming into this season, the guy has missed a total of 4 games in three years - just because he got injured this year doesn't mean he's got issues. That's a complete joke considering Q has missed how many games over the last four years? Or how about Gerlad Hayes who in the last four years has missed 6 games?

The guy is part of the core, young, talented and the second best playmaker on Defense. Losing him is a disaster for a young defense with very few playmakers.

Continuing to fill in positions of need instead of building on what's already there will keep this team from consistently getting good.

Westgate Danimal

Nest Protector
Reaction score
Mitch, coming into this season, the guy has missed a total of 4 games in three years - just because he got injured this year doesn't mean he's got issues. That's a complete joke considering Q has missed how many games over the last four years? Or how about Gerlad Hayes who in the last four years has missed 6 games?

The guy is part of the core, young, talented and the second best playmaker on Defense. Losing him is a disaster for a young defense with very few playmakers.

Continuing to fill in positions of need instead of building on what's already there will keep this team from consistently getting good.

I like Dansby, but what if he breaks our bank? Is he worth franchising and paying him top position $$$ ?

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I like Dansby, but what if he breaks our bank? Is he worth franchising and paying him top position $$$ ?

no, that's why he should have already been extended and why negotiations shouldn't get to that point.

Westgate Danimal

Nest Protector
Reaction score
no, that's why he should have already been extended and why negotiations shouldn't get to that point.

But what if he is holding out for Adalius Thomas money? I am sure his agent wants top dollar. What if extending him quickly means paying him Thomas type money? I don't know what's being discussed, but there are 2 sides to a negotiation.

AZHEAD

Reaction score
That is old news and hasn't happened in the past 3 years. The Cards have been resigning their top players on a regular basis.

Obviously The Cardinals are still having trouble keeping players under contract without issue. The Cards have been getting better with signing their players, but it is impossible to forget what the Cards have been known to do in the past. It wouldn't come as a surprise to me if the Cards are unable to get a deal worked out.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Obviously The Cardinals are still having trouble keeping players under contract without issue. The Cards have been getting better with signing their players, but it is impossible to forget what the Cards have been known to do in the past. It wouldn't come as a surprise to me if the Cards are unable to get a deal worked out.

Not sure I understand. You say the Cards are having trouble keeping players under contract without issue, but what issues are you talking about? We've resigned all of our top players over the last 3 years.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've resigned all of our top players over the last 3 years.

this is completely debatable though 40. Probably half of the board would have considered LD to have been one of our top players and he was certainly valued around the league as evidenced by a) the contract he got and his worth has been shown by the fact that he's been a key member of one of the best offenses in the league.

Now I'm not gonna weigh in on what I thought of the LD situation, but it's debatable and not written in stone that the guy wasn't one of our best players as you make it out to seem.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
this is completely debatable though 40. Probably half of the board would have considered LD to have been one of our top players and he was certainly valued around the league as evidenced by a) the contract he got and his worth has been shown by the fact that he's been a key member of one of the best offenses in the league.

Now I'm not gonna weigh in on what I thought of the LD situation, but it's debatable and not written in stone that the guy wasn't one of our best players as you make it out to seem.

He may be one of Dallas best players. He wasnt one of our best players. Lets be honest for whatever reason the guy just didnt live up to potential here. His head was rarely in the game as evidenced by his penalty problem. He was beat quite often. His level of play here nowhere near commanded the salary he would have had to have gotten to stay hear.

This line has played better than it ever has during the years he was here by far. Both Gandy and Levi(when playing) play at a level higher then he was playing when he was here. Thats proof enough for me that the right decision was made.

Last edited:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Debateable in your mind, but not mine. It's obvious this team didn't want him as no effort was made to keep him. When you see the chemistry our O line has now compared to last year, you have to wonder if we would have that same chemistry with an overpaid, unattentive LD committing false start penalties.

You didn't see them waffle with Boldin or Dockett and if Dansby gets back in there and proves himself, they'll make an effort to resign him.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Debateable in your mind, but not mine. It's obvious this team didn't want him as no effort was made to keep him. When you see the chemistry our O line has now compared to last year, you have to wonder if we would have that same chemistry with an overpaid, unattentive LD committing false start penalties.

You didn't see them waffle with Boldin or Dockett and if Dansby gets back in there and proves himself, they'll make an effort to resign him.

we'll see. I hope your right, although I believe Dansby's already proven himself to be more valuable than Dockett, certainly at the point that Dockett was given his extension.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
we'll see. I hope your right, although I believe Dansby's already proven himself to be more valuable than Dockett, certainly at the point that Dockett was given his extension.

Now that I agree with. However i think Dansby is a tad overrated on this board. I still definitely want him on this team for years to come.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Now that I agree with. However i think Dansby is a tad overrated on this board. I still definitely want him on this team for years to come.

I don't think Dansby is the end all, by all, but he's a player to be reckoned with, and not in the Big Play Ray kind of player to be reckoned with who people here loved for no other reason than he wore a good LBer number and someone gave him a lame nickname.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think Dansby is the end all, by all, but he's a player to be reckoned with, and not in the Big Play Ray kind of player to be reckoned with who people here loved for no other reason than he wore a good LBer number and someone gave him a lame nickname.

:lol:

yea I thik Dansby is a playmaker. he just absolutely dissapears for stretches too. He is not an upper tier LBer in this league. A notch below IMO. But good enough to extend and keep as a solid playmaking starter for us.

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
:lol:

yea I thik Dansby is a playmaker. he just absolutely dissapears for stretches too. He is not an upper tear LBer in this league. A notch below IMO. But good enough to extend and keep as a solid playmaking starter for us.

i also put a good deal of blame on this Clancy's rather pathetic defensive schemes. Put a good defensive coordinator back there and this kid could look like Wilber Marshall. He's got the natural talent - he just needs an actual defensive coach to bring the best out of him.

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i also put a good deal of blame on this Clancy's rather pathetic defensive schemes. Put a good defensive coordinator back there and this kid could look like Wilber Marshall. He's got the natural talent - he just needs an actual defensive coach to bring the best out of him.

Could be. I know the 50 yard cushion on 3rd and 8 doesnt help our CB's look very good.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Could be. I know the 50 yard cushion on 3rd and 8 doesnt help our CB's look very good.

agreed. then again, they don't do themselves any favors just stopping in the middle of the play as the best WR in football runs past you for the go ahead TD with 6 minutes left.

it's a combo - we still have relatively weak defensive talent with a weak defensive coordinator. We can't lose the actual talent we DO have, especially one who in a poorly run defense is actually able to rise above and make plays in it.

seriously, people want to give kudos to the defense (why, I'm not sure considering we're ranked in the bottom 10) but I can't figure out why they don't see that besides one AWESOME performance against the Steelers, we've been playing the offensive dregs of the league... and making them look better than they usually do.

i'll be happy at the end of the season when Clancy's finally shown the door and the entire DG-era will be over.

Last edited:

Shane

Current STAR
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
agreed. then again, they don't do themselves any favors just stopping in the middle of the play as the best WR in football runs past you for the go ahead TD with 6 minutes left.

it's a combo - we still have relatively weak defensive talent with a weak defensive coordinator. We can't lose the actual talent we DO have, especially one who in a poorly run defense is actually able to rise above and make plays in it.

seriously, people want to give kudos to the defense (why, I'm not sure considering we're ranked in the bottom 10) but they really don't see that besides one FREAKING AWESOME performance against the Steelers, we've been playing the offensive dregs of the league... and making them look better than they usually do.

i'll be happy at the end of the season when Clancy's finally shown the door and the entire DG-era will be over.

I am with you 100% on EVERYTHING you just said. People way overrate this defense. They are soft IMO.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
We're already thin at LB to play the 3-4. I don't think it's too wise to let you best one leave. I think he'll be tagged but it is Rod Graves we're talking about here.

SMAC

Nobody Beats the Wiz!
Reaction score
It's not a good situation because the Cardinals don't use their franchise tag ever. Last time it was used was when Buddy was the coach and Kwamie Lassister got the designation. Unless something gets done the Cards will let Dansby walk. That's been the track record for these type of ordeals.