Daniel Jeremiah has the Cardinals taking Tyree Wilson over Will Anderson

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
You beat me to the punch.
OR...and hear me out...

Tyree Wilson is 6'6 275 and Will Anderson is 6'4 243 per NFL.com.

One player is a plug and play fit as a 4-3 DE. The other is an off-ball LB in a 4-3 and has to be moved to DE in nickel situations.

DJ has Anderson over Wilson as a prospect based upon his personal rankings. However Wilson is the clear #2 EDGE player in the class.

I don't think this is a huge hot take.

OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
OR...and hear me out...

One player is a plug and play fit as a 4-3 DE. The other is an off-ball LB in a 4-3 and has to be moved to DE in nickel situations.

DJ has Anderson over Wilson as a prospect based upon his personal rankings. However Wilson is the clear #2 EDGE player in the class.

The key is can we realistically trade down with the hope of him still being available.

If we swap with the Raiders I can see the Lions drafting Wilson.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
OR...and hear me out...

True 4-3 DE are a rarity. If Wilson and Anderson had equal grades, Wilson would be worth more.

I still would go with Anderson.

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Jalen Carter's similarity to Fletcher Cox should not be discounted. If we decide to re-sign Allen, it might be justification to take carter over Anderson. I would disagree due to snap count usage but I would get it.

Plenty of articles out there on Cox's unhappiness with Gannon's scheme. Also watched one with Gannon about what teams do against Cox when he is in there.

I would think Carter is more like Jordan Davis, who they traded up for last year.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
OR...and hear me out...

The key is can we realistically trade down with the hope of him still being available.

If we swap with the Raiders I can see the Lions drafting Wilson.
The key is to avoid Tyree Wilson because he isn’t on the same galaxy as a prospect as Will Anderson.

Once Tyree runs a much inferior 3-cone(which matters a lot for a pass-rusher btw!) to Will at the combine due his obvious athletic stiffness, we’ll forget this is even a thing.

My God, let’s not overthink this. I hope the FO doesn’t overthink this.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Tyree Wilson has the highest pressure percentage (21.8%) in the draft.

And highest pass rush win rate.

According to Jeremiah.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
The key is to avoid Tyree Wilson because he isn’t on the same galaxy as a prospect as Will Anderson.

Once Tyree runs a much inferior 3-cone(which matters a lot for a pass-rusher btw!) to Will at the combine due his obvious athletic stiffness, we’ll forget this is even a thing.

Jeremiah says scouts think Wilson will test better too.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Tyree Wilson has the highest pressure percentage (21.8%) in the draft.

And highest pass rush win rate.

According to Jeremiah.

Its really low quality though against poor opponents and a bunch of it inside. I ain't drafting an edge rusher that can't actually win round the edge.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

and point of note, DJ has Anderson as the better prospect in his top 50 which I agree with.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
We draft Tyree Wilson over Anderson/Carter, I won’t even try to cope. I will blast that pick more than I have done with Simmons. I will blast that pick until he shows me otherwise.
Lmao... Geee... that would sure be out of character.

The gymnastics after the combine should be interesting at least.

Question.... what if he runs a better 3 cone than Anderson?

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
If you want a big athletic guy built in a factory that has all the physical tools for DE but needs work on his skills why not trade back and get Van Ness?

Last edited:
OP
OP
SoonerLou

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Schrager says Tyree Wilson may go top 3. He has Travon Walker level buzz (in terms of jumping other prospects)

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Sooner trying to convince himself this would be the right pick lol

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose