Daniel Jeremiah has the Cardinals taking Tyree Wilson over Will Anderson

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
It’s hard to believe the Bears not trading back with Indy even if it’s not a Trey Lance type haul. If Fields bombs next year they’d have the arsenal to trade up for a higher graded QB than this year…. The Cards take Anderson at #3 and trade Simmons for a DT, let Allen walk and extend Murphy.

BulldogCard

Veteran
Reaction score
This isn't always true. Sometimes players grow a ton being forced to make plays with lesser teammates around them.

Anderson and Tyree Wilson are very different players. I like Anderson to a stronger Von Miller and Wilson's play is similar to Chandler Jones.

Chicago would be crazy to pass on Anderson for Carter but apparently Matt Eberflus' system needs a good 3 tech to make the system run optimally and Carter can be that guy.
Level of competition and playing on a big stage are big factors. Von Miller has had a better career than Chandler Jones.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It’s hard to believe the Bears not trading back with Indy even if it’s not a Trey Lance type haul. If Fields bombs next year they’d have the arsenal to trade up for a higher graded QB than this year…. The Cards take Anderson at #3 and trade Simmons for a DT, let Allen walk and extend Murphy.
Much rather extend Allen & let Murphy walk.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No offense to T. Wilson, he may turn into a great edge guy just not in the first couple of years. I watch video of him and he does okay agains weaker competition but he seems a little thin in the bottom half (hips/legs). To me, he needs to get stronger overall and that will take a couple of years. Give me either 1) Anderson 2 ) Carter 3) trade down and get a boatload and maybe pick up Wilson around 8-12.
Don't think Wilson last to 8, let alone 12.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So is Jesus, and that's what Jeremiah is about.
I know his father and grandfather were involved in pastoring and eventually, his father founded Turning Point for God which his brother currently runs and is the voice for.

Seems like Daniel is a former NFL scout and a current NFL analyst. It doesn't appear that he followed the family business.

BirdGangThing

Casual Fan
Reaction score
If we trade the #3 pick in the draft we will not get a "boatload" in return. We wont get a "haul". No "bunch". Maybe a later 1st round pick and a 2nd? Because the top 2 QBs will be off the board. If one of them somehow remains, we may might possibly but I doubt it though get 3 picks

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
@DVontel His reasoning is the Cardinals will need a DE under Gannon and will use Simmons in the 4-3 OLB role that they used Reddick in last year so no real scheme fit for Anderson.
What a tragedy it would be to have run a 3-4 defense for years and there’s finally a perfect fit for it and we . . . move to 4-3.

Cardinal88

Veteran
Reaction score
Don't think Wilson last to 8, let alone 12.
What do I know… I’m just a bean counter. Haha! If he is talented and he grades out at the combine, I can see him going top 10 but I fell there are 3 QBs, another edge and 2 DTs going before he does for sure. I get what you’re saying tho!

football karma

Happy in the pretense of knowledge
Reaction score
What a tragedy it would be to have run a 3-4 defense for years and there’s finally a perfect fit for it and we . . . move to 4-3.
Will Anderson would fit in a 4-3

a physical player who sets a strong edge

your 3 LBS would be Simmons-Collins-Anderson

on obvs passing downs, Anderson slides to a DE role

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
I don’t think playing Anderson in space is a great use of his talents.
My other post was teasing Dvontel...none of that is true. Will Anderson would be a great fit for Reddick's role in the Philly defense. I would prefer to add Anderson and then let Collins and Simmons battle it out for the third LB spot. Another option would be to trade one of them for pennies on the dollar.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Jalen Carter's similarity to Fletcher Cox should not be discounted. If we decide to re-sign Allen, it might be justification to take carter over Anderson. I would disagree due to snap count usage but I would get it.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
My other post was teasing Dvontel...none of that is true. Will Anderson would be a great fit for Reddick's role in the Philly defense. I would prefer to add Anderson and then let Collins and Simmons battle it out for the third LB spot. Another option would be to trade one of them for pennies on the dollar.

Trading dollars for pennies is always an option on the road to the poor house.

QuebecCard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Jalen Carter's similarity to Fletcher Cox should not be discounted. If we decide to re-sign Allen, it might be justification to take carter over Anderson. I would disagree due to snap count usage but I would get it.

Not re-signing Allen makes an even stronger case for selecting Carter. IMO.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
People got to try garner attention I guess.

I know some people like Tyree Wilson, I don't get it. I see all the physical traits and I imagine he will test well at the combine but he's extremely limited in skill set.

I see a guy on film that's all power and racked up a lot of stats against tackles that won't get drafted. I don't think I've seen him beat a tackle round the edge with speed and bend. He's all bullrushes, hessi's and inside moves. He has no hand skills. No rips, no swims etc he's all bullrush and long arm.

His highlight reels don't have a single pass rush that would succeed in the NFL against bigger, smarter, stronger tackles.

Reminds me of Travon Walker but with more stats because he played against lesser quality opponents. All power and relentless pursuit. His skill set is so limited that a lot of times he would line up 2-3 yeards deeper than the rest of the LOS so that he could get up a head of speed to just try power through the tackle. Because he has no Edge skills TT moved him all across the line.

No doubt he will go high as Walker did based on physical tools but he's got a lot of learning to do and he's not remotely close to Will Anderson.

I'd be interested if anyone could show me him beat a tackle round the edge with a tradition NFL pass rush and him having a good game against a tackle that will get drafted in the first 4 rounds.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This isn't always true. Sometimes players grow a ton being forced to make plays with lesser teammates around them.

Anderson and Tyree Wilson are very different players. I like Anderson to a stronger Von Miller and Wilson's play is similar to Chandler Jones.

Chicago would be crazy to pass on Anderson for Carter but apparently Matt Eberflus' system needs a good 3 tech to make the system run optimally and Carter can be that guy.

Sorry man but Wilson is nothing like Chandler Jones. His hands are garbage, he has no pass rush moves, zero bend, zero plan.

He's all raw power and youthful exhuberance. He's a sledgehammer with zero refinement.

Krangodnzr

Captain of Team Murray
Reaction score
Sorry man but Wilson is nothing like Chandler Jones. His hands are garbage, he has no pass rush moves, zero bend, zero plan.

He's all raw power and youthful exhuberance. He's a sledgehammer with zero refinement.
That was Chandler coming out. Chandler has never been a very bendy pass rusher.

Most of these guys have warts. What NFL evaluators do is they focus on the good traits mostly. Wilson has some super rare traits.

PACardsFan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
The draft had been easy to predict so far, so the powers to be felt it necessary to add some drama to the discussion. What team better to inject stupidity into than the Cardinals. Shame on Jeremiah for planting such crap that the rest of the NFL has somehow come to grips with how great Wilson looks that he he should now surpass Anderson in the draft. And who better to project that pick onto than the Arizona Cardinals. He should be confronted in Indy for bringing forth such drivel. Someone needs to let Jeremiah know that Keim isn’t our GM anymore.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
The draft had been easy to predict so far, so the powers to be felt it necessary to add some drama to the discussion. What team better to inject stupidity into than the Cardinals. Shame on Jeremiah for planting such crap that the rest of the NFL has somehow come to grips with how great Wilson looks that he he should now surpass Anderson in the draft. And who better to project that pick onto than the Arizona Cardinals. He should be confronted in Indy for bringing forth such drivel. Someone needs to let Jeremiah know that Keim isn’t our GM anymore.
DJ's mocks are based upon what he is hearing from teams and sources. I think the biggest takeaways are two things.

1 - He is probably hearing that the Cardinals like Jalen Carter and they are looking to add talent at DT. Because he is not projecting trades at this time, he goes to the EDGE position after that as another area he is hearing the Cardinals are interested in.

2 - DJ is probably hearing the Cardinals are intrigued by Wilson's skill set and fit in the new defense. Whether that is because they like Wilson more than Anderson or if it is because the Cardinals are lightly discussing trade down partners and Wilson would be on their radar if they did it tough to tell.

Good news for this board is that it seems like we are looking to upgrade our defensive front.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
I like Tyree..... but this is an atrocity of biblical proportions.
This would be an SK type " I'm smarter than everyone in the room 'cause I got the inside scoop" move. That was the thing I disliked most about
the way he did business

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
This would be an SK type " I'm smarter than everyone in the room 'cause I got the inside scoop" move. That was the thing I disliked most about
the way he did business

Got to believe a lot of these things are just PR. "I'll put Tyree over Anderson and that will get me 3-4 days of hype".

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sarahmoose